[SE] recuérdame
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
The higher I climb the farther I fall when I do
Similarly, Remi does not peer too deeply into the mixture of colours burning out from his husband as their lips meet. That was all for tomorrow. Tomorrow he and his past self could tell him what he'd done and who he'd forgotten. "Thank you, for whatever your part in this was." He murmurs, knowing that there was more to it than letter writing and staying at home, surely.

"Of course I will help. Oria too, probably. Something tells me this is right up her alley" The Woods don't seem intent on keeping the pair out any later that evening, such that their houseboat comes into view far more quickly than it had any right to. "I am not sure who I will make a lantern for this year. To be honest, there is no one who is gone that I am inclined to see again." Not Aoife nor his mother, certainly.

"Maybe Rexanna? Especially with Bastien gone..."
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
even my darkness shines for you
"My part in this is the same as it's always been. I'm here to support you and love you." Ronin smiles sweetly to his husband, smooching his cheek as they stroll back towards the houseboat and leaving it at that. Of course there's more to it, but none of it matters right now. The deed is done, and the present Remi is his concern now.

Chuckling at the image of Oria helping to decorate the lantern, Ronin nudges his husband. "I'll be surprised if we don't get home to find that it's already finished," he remarks, slipping an arm around him and breathing out a sigh of relief to see their houseboat come into view sooner rather than later.

"It's still strange to me that Bastien is gone..." he admits. "Maybe a lantern for Rexanna then, yes. But only if you paint fireworks shaped like penises on them."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Yeah...I remember...Back in the Grounds, before all of this...being in his studio, covered in glitter..." Ronin had been there too of course, before the pair were an item. "And you were mostly naked, if I remember correctly." Which, given all that had happened to him, he might not. Then again it was Ronin, so nudity was to be expected. "I do not even know the last time I saw him, actually."

Mention of firework penises has Remi grinning. "We should definitely try and find some more of those for our second wedding." He beams, ignoring the way melancholy tried to pollute the memory. "Rexanna and Sera then." You're welcome, Sky. "Maybe I can make the whole lantern extremely flammable so that it catches fire. I think Rex might have liked that."

Crossing the dock and giving their door a tug, the alchemist gives Ronin an after you gesture with his hand, before following him inside.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin grins at that. "Yes, I remember too. But your memory fails you - I believe I was entirely naked by the end of that," he says. Vanya had been there as well, if he recalls, and gods if that hadn't been a different world back then. It's a memory that's bittersweet at best these days, and it makes Ronin want to hold Remi closer. "Me neither. He sent me a letter a while ago. I'm afraid it put us both on very separate paths." And now Bastien's was done forever.

Bowing from the waist, Ronin sweeps into the houseboat and winces to see the spilled ink. He quickly goes to mop it up, murmuring an apology for accidentally dyeing a lot of their dining table bright blue. "Rex always did like fire, didn't she?" he agrees, flashing a smile over his shoulder and drawing out a chair for Remi to sit. "Let's hop to it then," he says, moving to fetch the wine from the icebox.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Ah, no surprise there.' Remi says, of misremembering. Though part of him wanted to yearn for those simpler times, those were also times where he and Ronin were hardly more than acquaintances. 'That I do remember..." Offering the Huntsman's hand another squeeze, both as a gesture of love but also to signal the end of that conversational string, Remi lets them in.

Will Ronin notice the tiny handprints of blue in their kitchen? Or on doors previously left closed which now stood ajar? Will he hear the conspiratorily much and crunch of jaws quickly eating food meant for them instead of dragons and spriggans?

'She did, yeah.' Remi agrees with a laugh as he sits down at their table, kicking off his shoes. "Is it...quiet..? in here?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin does notice the teeny tiny handprints as he sets two glasses down on the table and filling them with wine. "Quiet?" he echoes, surreptitiously following said handprints around to the countertops and the cupboard doors. "No," he lies, smirking and sliding Remi's glass over to him. "No, it seems the same as always, don't you think?"

Letting his husband start on making his lanter, Ronin meanwhile drums his fingers across the countertops. "Do you want a snack?" he asks. "Suddenly I'm a bit peckish." On the final word, the Huntsman whips open the cupboard door to peer inside, expecting to catch Oria in the act at a bare minimum.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Sugar and Oria must be fast asleep." Remi agrees, eyebrows raised. Were that truly the case, they'd hear the sound of Sugar snoring and the occasional sing-song chatter of Oria as she dreamed.

As Ronin whips open the cupboard it will be to find a box of crackers spilled open with crumbs everywhere. One might think they had a mouse problem were it not for the two more likely culprits they already knew about. "No, not a snack. But I could maybe use a glass of water." Eyeing the cabinet where their cups were kept, from their bathroom suddenly came a crash, followed by a very, very guilty silence. Pursing his lips together and trying not to laugh, Remi looks smugly in Ronin's direction. "Bottle of shampoo falling, do you think?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Oh, yes. Asleep for some time by now, I ought to think," Ronin says as he narrows his eyes at the box of (decimated) crackers. He turns to Remi and gestures at them as if to say really? before nodding amicably to him. "A glass of water, mm?" He nods in agreement. "I think I can get that for you." So saying, Ronin moves to reach up for the cupboard when the bathroom decides to go on the attack, prompting a wicked grin on the Huntsman's face.

"Maybe. Or maybe ghosts," he suggests, moving as if to head to the bathroom before whipping open the cupboard overhead unexpectedly. Sugar's trill of surprise is accompanied by a shower of cracker crumbs, and she all but tumbles onto Ronin's head as if to be the distraction in this whole affair.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Cover blown, Oria whistles shrilly from the bathroom, likely asking for reinforcements. There is the feeble sound of the spriggan trying to move something, but her squeals of frustration seem to suggest that she isn't successful. 'Mmm, well if it is ghosts, I should have a look." Remi murmurs, eyeing Sugar skeptically before making his way to the bathroom.

There is the briefest bit of resistance against the handle as Remi turns it, but a spriggan and a dragon are no match for Remi's strength, and the bit of string which had been holding the door closed is easily broken. For a moment there's a terse and guilty silence. "Ronin...you had better come and see this."

If and when the Huntsman joins Remi in the doorway, it will be to see their bathroom transformed into an icy playground. With nearly every surface coated in ice (presumably to slide on), there are what appear to be 'food stations' at the top and bottom of a floor to ceiling slide, as well as bits of cheese floating in their bathtub which, wouldn't you know it, has been tinted a lovely shade of blue.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin's musical curses are still ringing out into the houseboat as Remi goes to investigate their bathroom, and when the Huntsman joins him, it's with a smug looking Sugar almost wrapped entirely around his head. "What the..." he begins, just about taking in the icy arena when his companion swoops away to attack the cheese in the bath. The chitter she gives to Oria might very well be laughter, and if there's guilt, then it's all carried by the spriggan.

For his part, Ronin is equally amazed at how quickly such chaos has been implemented, and also perplexed at the why that he will never really understand. "I..." Blinking around the bathroom and then gazing back at Remi, he shakes his head helplessly. "More wine?" he mumbles, moving back to collect it. Sugar, snacking on her cheese, considers this a win.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Flitting from her perch (and wearing a hat made of bits of coloured paper Ronin had no doubt been intending for his lantern), Oria lands on Sugar's back looking the part of a dashing (and deathly) hero with her valiant (and murderous) steed. Frowning deeply at this, unsure if he was more impressed by their industriousness or annoyed at how much water damage this was going to cause.

"....yes." So saying, Remi nods stiffly to the creators of this icy themepark, and closes the door. Like his memories, this too could be dealt with tomorrow.

Sinking down at the table with an amused sigh, Remi reaches out to cheers his husband with his wine once it arrives. "Why not." He says of Sugar and Oria's masterpiece, before turning his attention back to lantern making. "Did Sera like blue? Or...?" Remi wonders, rubbing a finger along part of their newly-stained table.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin is also happy to leave this for tomorrow, the Huntsman rubbing at his forehead as he moves back to the table. Clinking his glass against Remi's, it's with a large (large) gulp of wine that he sifts through his inks and chooses another, lighter blue to begin painting. "...She does now," he says with a sad sort of smile, which is as close to I genuinely don't know as it gets. "I have some reds here if you want to use them for Rexanna's lantern."

Arranging the colours out for Remi and starting to apply careful, geometric patterns to his creation, Ronin works in companionable silence for a while. Once the base colour is in place, he sighs and sets down his paintbrush. "I hate that it feels normal," he mumbles, "to make lanterns for dead people every year."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'I'm sure she would have." Remi murmurs sympathetically, nodding that reds would be appreciated. Reaching for some gold as well, the alchemist begins to assemble a shape that looks roughly like a lantern, before he too feels inclined to stop. "I saw Kiada the other day, out in Halo." Frowning down at a bit of paper in his fingers, Remi puts on the table and opts for his wine glass. "It made me think of the Monster Hunter's guild, and the night it burned down." Aoife had been taken away by then, but that LongNight seemed to be the first in a long line of tragedies that never seemed to stop.

Smiling sadly, Remi takes a sip of his wine. "I do not hate that making lanterns feels normal...I hate that there are always so many choices of who we might make one for." He admits. "And I do not see it changing. Not even after the war."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Blowing softly on the paint to encourage it to dry, Ronin follows suit with the wine glass and takes another sip, raising his gaze to Remi as Kiada's name hits the air. "I'm surprised that she was in Halo," he admits. "With Noah and Deimos taking over, it doesn't seem like the safest place for any Ascended to be."

Reaching out, Ronin gently taps his bare foot on top of Remi's, as if in a gesture of affection. "No, I don't see it changing either," he says sadly, and then, "...I think we should properly start celebrating things." He hopes Remi can see his train of logic, here.

"Birthdays, our anniversary, the festivals... we always make sure to remember that everyone dies, but we never stop to enjoy being alive."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky