Wash it all away
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
The kind of flawless they think I should be
It was moderately frustrating to have all her arguments countered, and for a moment Maea glared at Roana, her mind churning furiously to come up with more reasons why action was a bad idea. But then she caught herself and laughed rather sheepishly, realizing how she was falling into the same trap as always. Wasn't it the 'doing nothing' that annoyed her so about herself? If she wanted to change she would have to start accepting change elsewhere too, or nothing would continue to happen.

"It's rather painful to have every truth you believed in turned on its head" she admitted ruefully. "I'm not half as stubborn as most others, but if it's this hard for me to change the way I think... I doubt it will come easily for anyone else."

Blushing at the compliment, she twisted on her perch. Her, bring anyone anywhere? The thought was hilarilus, but the woman looked serious and Maea swallowed.

"I mean... I can try, but you shouldn't get your hopes up. No one really listens to what I say... and the gods don't like my kind, so I have absolutely no sway there. Jigano or the other Loreseekers might be a better choice."

Like Amalia. Everyone always favored her. Everyone loved her. If anyone could bring people together...
The kind of flawless I wish I could be

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Change is hard, but it gets easier the more often you do it." Roana said with a wry grin. She had been pushing back on a lot of what Maea had been saying, but she considered it necessary. They couldn't continue to exist here - the very reason they had been trapped her according to her had failed even. It was time to call it quits and try something new. "And I am not concerned about the fight ahead. It's what I do. If I stopped every time someone told me no I wouldn't be who I am."

"Trying is all I can ask you to do...and as helpful as Jigano and the Loreseekers might be, I am not certain that more Outlander input will help to sway your compatriots." she said as she stood then, looking out over the Outskirts with a quiet sigh. She felt tired. She probably looked tired. She had hardly even started this endeavor and already it was turning into something much more complicated that she hoped it would be. But she looked back at Maea again with a small smile. "Do you have any other advice you would be willing to give me?"

ROANA
be the heroine of your life
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Maea
The girl smiled back, more gently than before. This was a good person, who had lived a hard life and no doubt had many more difficult years ahead before that quiet life could be achieved. Roana showed every sign of being the kind of restless soul that would never settle within the Hollow, and Maea knew there were only two ways they ended up. Either as drunken wretches at the Rathskeller, resigned and hopeless, or dead as they did all the reckless things everyone warned about.

Only, perhaps her reckless was stronger, more capable and tempered by the responsibility of having a family to come back to.

"Don't die?" she suggested, in a somewhat grim attempt at humor. "I wish I was stronger and could help you fight the monsters and change the world and the will of the gods, but... for now, all I can offer is dinner some time, if you and your family would do me the honor."

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Roana laughed brightly at that advice. Don't die. "Sage advice. I will do what I can." she said, still chuckling a bit. It really was the best and most obvious piece of advice one could give in this situation wasn't it? Don't die. It was the ultimate goal after all. But again, Maea cut herself down.

"Stop that, talking about yourself like you've little to offer. Strength comes in many forms, and your words are powerful." she said encouragingly with a smile. "Words are the seeds of change. If you can speak with your friends, and help foster understanding...that's more than half the battle. Give yourself some credit." she said and grinned. "And I will most definitely take you up on dinner some time, so long as you don't mind three crazy boys running around."

ROANA
Maea Valair

Change author:
Maea
"Stop talking back, or you will be served hay rather than lamb" she quipped back, and laughed brightly as she got to her feet. "Of course your boys will come. The house used to be full of them, it will be wonderful to have some life back within the walls again."

Maybe she did put herself down. It was an easy thing to do, because in the end her strength was not the obvious kind. Monster hunting and demon vanquishing would likely never be her best subject, and unless the gods changed their minds about the abandoned her path would not likely be that of the priestess either. So what could she do?

It would take some thinking to figure that out. At least she still had time; the barrier likely would not fall tomorrow, and unless something unforeseen happened everyone could gather and talk together like reasonable adults.

Right?

Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
Roana grinned and held her hands up in surrender. "Apologies, talking back is one of my strong suits...though I did know you had some fire in you somewhere." she said almost teasingly, talking back again in doing so. "I should be getting back to them though. I...am very grateful to have met you today Maea. I hope this is the start of reconciliation." she said with a small smile, before bidding the girl farewell.

The former captain turned and headed home then, her mind filled with more knowledge - and more questions and concerns - than she had had before. But the tiny little seed of hope had been planted, if only just so. Perhaps there was a way she could unite the people to work under one cause. She had a feeling she would have to if she was to succeed in fulfilling Ronin's last wish.

ROANA