Training the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Sighing, Amun scooted over so he could rest against Maea. His head tilted until he was leaning against hers. "I've lived a long time. Come back from the dead too, and remember past lifetimes." Pausing, he felt his lips twitch. "I know you won't believe me, but people don't ever have just one great love. They have many, of all shape and kinds and sizes."

Nodding as best he could from their positions, he rubbed his thumb across her knuckles. "I know." He took a deep breath. "But if you are serious about wanting to find purpose and clarity, about wanting to stand by me, about wanting to get stronger, you need to talk to the Voice." He tensed and froze as he offered that piece of advice that he'd been repeating to her off and on for their entire relationship.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
You're so cold
but you feel alive
He almost never spoke of his own past. In all honesty, Maea often forgot that her friend and brother wasn't exactly ordinary. He was so down to earth, seemed so content with who he was now... relationship struggles aside.
"No, I do believe you," she murmured, all the faith in the world coloring her voice. A faint smile streaked past her lips, and was gone again. "Just wish it would go away a bit faster, is all. It feels a bit pathetic to pine for an ex, when he's married and have kids and so on. I don't want to be stuck in the past, like he is." But she was. Her way of showing it just wasn't quite as extravagant.

The repeated advice did draw a slight sigh from the girl. Not annoyed, just... tired. Of herself, and her own stubbornness. "I know. I know I do. And I know I say 'but' a lot. But. I don't think there's any point, if I'm not ready to actually listen to anything she has to say. As you say, I'm very good at deflecting and shutting down. As long as I do that, everything she has to offer will sound like excuses and bullshit to me. Just like my own thoughts do, much of the time."  

She paused, and tried open an eye so she could watch his thumbs move over her hand. Affection and gratitude was a sweet ache in her chest; the definitely did not deserve this man's loyalty. Whatever had she done to earn it?

"Will you... come with me? When I tire of being stubborn?"
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Bumping his head against Maea's, Amun smiled. He gave her hand a squeeze. "Well I have some ideas about how to help you move on, but I'm pretty sure you won't like those either." Chuckling, he turned so she could seem him wink at her properly.

It was his turn to sigh, but at least she was honest about her shortcomings. Nodding when she asked if he'd go with her when she was ready, he smiled. "Of course."

Clearing his throat, he jerked his chin towards the training grounds. "Now that we've got all that out in the open, wanna get your coat and get out of here? Unless there's something else you wanted to do or say." He reached up with his free hand to try and wipe off some of the mud from her face. Or maybe he was smearing it around; it's not like she could see it.
AMUN
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
It was with some reluctance she straightened herself, away from the safe comfort of his shoulder. Maea cocked her head aside, a puzzled look to her; for once the wink didn't strike home right away.
"What ideas are those?" She wasn't sure what he meant. Why wouldn't she like it?

Relief followed with his quick response. Tension released and her shoulders popped subtly as she rolled them. Tolerating the wiping of her face for a bit, she eventually leaned away from the ministrations. Half suspecting she'd see warpaint when looking in the mirror next time.

"Only this." Leaning in, she pressed her lips to his cheek in a tender kiss. "I love you, Amun. Thank you, for all you do for me. It really means everything."
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun guffawed at Maea's question. Still chuckling, he shook his head. "Oh dear, you're going to make me spell it out aren't you?" Waggling his eyebrows, he leaned in to whisper in her ear. "You know what they say. The best way to get over an old partner is to get under a new one."

Smiling as she kissed his cheek, he returned the favor, pressing his lips against her cheek for a brief moment. "My pleasure, sis. Love you too." He slung his arm over her shoulder and started steering her back in the direction of her coat. "Even if you do ruin some of my best clothes," he teased. Letting out a long sigh, he tsked his tongue as he pulled his dirt caked and damp shirt away from his body.
AMUN
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Where before she would have flushed a brilliant crimson, her cheeks only took on a faint shimmer of silver now, that only enhanced the pallor of her skin. It said something about her state of mind that the didn't smack him for even suggesting such a thing  - though she didn't reply immediately either.

Strolling back to where the coat lay, she picked it up and wrung it out. Filthy mud water streamed down and splashed on the ground; she gave her brother a pointed look.
"We can trade, if you want? Come now, your wardrobe is bigger than most kitchens. You can afford it." The coat was given a gloomy stare; the didn't pull it on. "I doubt I'll attract any partners at all like this... even if I wanted one. Isn't it sort of... pointless? I can't feel anything, anyway."
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Using the arm across Maea's shoulders, Amun reached up and pinched her cheek. He gave it a little wiggle before releasing her. "Told you you wouldn't like it." Letting out a bark of laughter, he smirked. "Too bad, because I'm pretty sure there are several bachelors who'd be more than happy to help take your mind off Sunjata." He whistled a few notes of a love song.

Pointing a finger at her, he narrowed his eyes. "I'll have you know that my wardrobe is quite limited, thank you very much." When she asked why she should bother finding a partner, his eyebrow shot right up. "Have you ever bitten another Ascended? It's...quite something." He sighed. "And if that doesn't float your boat, there's always the room." Waggling his eyebrows, he grinned.
AMUN
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
"If there are, they haven't announced their presence," she mumbled, swatting away his hand from her face. Granted, she had not gone looking. Nor was she very inclined to. In addition to her earlier mentioned faults, she admitted to not be very trusting towards strangers. Or otherwise. The idea of just laying herself open for anyone to see was... terrifying.

His wardrobe was limited? Maea looked down over herself. She had been wearing the same garments since before she wound up in the cave. They looked more than a little threadbare, she realized.

Maea coughed delicately at his question. "Not since... well. Not since you," she reminded him, and became very occupied with brushing mud off the dark wool of the coat. Thanking every god everywhere that she didn't recall much of it, given her befuddled state at the time. "What room is that?" It was clear she had not heard of it, the blank stare she offered was clear proof of that.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun let Maea bat away his hand, though he kept his arm around her shoulders if she'd let him. Narrowing his eyes, he felt his brow furrow as well. "I can set up an introduction for you, but that will require you to put yourself out there." He stuck out his tongue at her. Then he grinned. "In fact, there is a quiet, shy, scholarly type that I recently invited to join the Art-isan's Guild that you might like."

Chuckling, he shook his head. "Right. And that was under less than ideal circumstances, so it's only uphill from there." Clearing his throat, he let his arm drop. "It is a room that restores our sensations of pleasure. Or so I've been told. Tragically, I have never been there myself." He sighed and pouted.
AMUN
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
She groaned and rolled her eyes skyward. Noted that the clouds showed no signs of parting for the reminder of the day. She didn't shrug off his arm around her shoulders.
Would it hurt? Probably. Would it be awkward, weird and uncomfortable? Absolutely. Was it worse than the humiliation of having to chase a Flood from her thoughts ever other second?

No. She supposed not.

"I guess I have party stuff to deal with, anyway." Couldn't hide away like she had, so far. There was no real enthusiasm at either thought, but then again she hadn't been cheerful about anything for a long while. And if it amused Amun... "But don't exaggerate, alright? And I'm not promising anyone anything."

Reaching up to give him a pat on the head, Maea slung the coat over her shoulder and nodded that they should head for the exit. The description of the room made her cringe. "I.. see. Then you should focus on that, is my suggestion. Happy hunting, or whatever. I don't want any reviews, just so we are clear."
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
"That you do," Amun agreed. Grinning at Maea, he cocked his head to the side. "I'm not asking you to promise anything. Just one date, okay?" Pausing, he amended, "Actually that's a lie. I need you to promise to give anyone I pick a fair shot."

Snorting, he waggled his eyebrows at her. "But who else am I supposed to gossip with if I can't do it with you?" Beginning to make his way towards the exit, he hummed a low note. "What if I make it classy? 'The night breeze caressed my bare skin, causing goosebumps as the curtains billowed in the gentle wind.'" Laughing, he made sure to watch her reaction.
AMUN
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
"There's going to be more than one?" Mortified, she began to realize that this had been a mistake. An error the size of the Spire. He would never give up on this little quest of his now, she just knew it. "Do you have any idea how awkward it is to face someone and go 'hmm, I wonder if I can tolerate this candidate for more than a few minutes'? I have no idea how you even do it."

He began his 'poetic' version, and Maea quickly held her hands up, warding herself and admitting defeat in one blow. "Eh, no. Please. Reviews are fine. I change my mind." There was a pause. "Of course you can talk to me about things." Even things she found moderately to very awkward. Even gossip. She glanced at him. "Is there anything you want to talk about?"
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Grinning, Amun shrugged. "Not if the first one works out." He winked at Maea. As she went on to complain how difficult the dates would be, he narrowed his eyes. "Think of it like this. Were you good at anything the first few times you tried it?" He cocked his to the side. "I doubt it. So you just need practice, that's all." Rubbing his hands together, he gave her attire a once over.

Shaking his head at her question, he tapped the side of his nose. "Not right now. But if that changes, you will be the first to know, believe me." He slipped his arm through hers. "Now, why don't we see if anything you're wearing can be salvaged or, if not, what we can do about finding replacements."
AMUN
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Something on the borderland between grumble, groan and whimper issued from her, but she swallowed any further complaints. Just let him thread his arm through hers, and allowed herself to be dragged off. First boys, now clothes? She would much rather continue with the therapy sessions.

"Alright, if you're sure... Lead the way, I suppose. Wait, do you mean I'm going to be using your clothes?" She tried her best not to let the concept of trying on new things bother her too much. It didn't actually mean anything. Right? Not like she was a snake about to shed a skin. Not like a change of garb and a few dates would turn her into someone else.

Right? And wasn't that what she wanted, anyway? To move on. Maea only wished it didn't feel so... overwhelming.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA