Flirting for Dummies
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve finds her lips curling into a smile as he nuzzles at her throat, letting her head tip back slightly, exposing more of her throat to him for the span of a breath. "I don't mind the snow. Just... Don't have much of a reason to stay in Halo." Not with her role in Torchline. It had crossed her mind before, when she was considering leaving, but she knew if she were to go anywhere else it would likely be the Greatwood. Maybe that would change.

The kiss leaves her breathless as she melts into his embrace, finding her heart slowing along with her breathing, a healthy flush on her cheeks that has nothing to do with embarrassment. Before she can respond, Maeve catches a slight movement from the corner of her eye, the rising and falling of branches as if they were breathing. "There's a Wicker Woman over there... Careful of it when you're headed back." She says softly, motioning to the tree in question a few hundred yards away.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
Sah
The forest never sleeps and the wolf neve dies
Sah's lips twitch, "Something tells me that that's changing." He already knows that Maeve adores his pups. And it's becoming increasingly clear that she's rather fond of the Abandoned himself. He sighs against her neck, "Though I understand why you're drawn to Torchline." Besides her leadership position, the sun and warmth alone seem like something that the queen would enjoy.

Sah growls low in his throat as he side-eyes the Wicker Woman. All that effort to make Maeve relax for once down the drain. If he had less common sense, he'd send a bolt of lightning at the blasted thing. As it is, Sah manages to tear his eyes away and focus back on Maeve. "I will be."

As he says that though, Sah's lips curl into a smirk full of mirth. "Or..." Without further warning he tightens his hold on Maeve and stands, keeping her in his arms. With only a wink as warning he begins to simply walk away from the Wicker Woman, in the general direction of Torchline. "...we can just leave her to her own devices."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Maeve huffs out a soft laugh, the sound bubbling up from her chest as she tightens her grip on him, snuggling closer against his chest. "It might be." The Nightshade draws, letting the words roll of her tongue in a teasing fashion, a spark of mischief in her eyes as she regards him. "Torchline certainly has its appeal. Now that we're protected from the monsoons for the most part, it's much calmer in some respects." Her lips twitch, a bemused sort of tilt to her mouth as she shifts to regard him. "I hated monsoon season. The thunder and lightening terrifies me even now." A silly thing, to be sure, the confession bringing a slight flush to her cheeks.

The arrival of the Wicker Woman is enough to undo all of Sah's hard work and Maeve resents its arrival just as much as he does. He growls low in his throat, the sound rumbling in his chest and vibrating through her bones, stirring a heat in her belly all over again despite the unease that mixes there.

He suddenly scoops her up as he stands, keeping her in his arms as he walks them away from the Wicker Woman, "And go where?" The Nightshade laughs, holding on tightly to him as he strides further away from the Wicker Woman and towards the Skyport that would eventually take her home.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Sah's brow furrows at the mention of her dislike for lightning, "I'll be careful of using my lightning magic around you then." Though it really wasn't that simple. The Outlander was a being of lightning. The magic had been curled around and within his soul since his first breath. Probably since before then.

But he could minimize overzealous usage until Maeve grew more comfortable with the element. "Sometime in the near future I'll show you just how beautiful it can be." The reaching flash of white and blue. The sizzle as it passed into nothingness but left such an impact in its wake. It was glorious.

As Maeve laughs and they leave the unwanted interruption behind, Sah smirks and shrugs. "Who knows?" He draws the words out teasingly but continues on his path to the Skyport. "Maybe I'll just carry you to the port." He gives the queen a gentle squeeze, "You're warm. It's nice."
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It's a sweet gesture and Maeve finds herself pressing all the closer to him as he cradles her in his arms, taking long strides through the forest towards the Skyport, keeping her away from the danger that lurks behind them. "That doesn't bother me as much. It... It isn't the same." She struggles to find the words for it, brows knitting together as she looks up at him, jade eyes searching his face. "When you use your magic, there is control to it and some kind of predictability. Nature doesn't work that way." It had the power to bring down entire buildings. It had done just that, making her own home collapse right on top of her, almost killing her in the process.

No, his lightning didn't scare her at all. Not in the same way.

Her brow arches, head tilting to the side as she regards him, a smile playing on petal pink lips. "You know, you could come back with me. Sure I could find plenty of ways to keep you from melting in the heat." The Nightshade doubted that he would take her up on the offer. He had the twins to get back to and his own work to do. Still, she couldn't resist the temptation of offering.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
It's a relief to hear that his magic doesn't frighten Maeve. Though Sah does find it ironic that his element does. Chuckling lowly, he nuzzles her head with a hum. "It might not be the same with my magic. But I myself am lighting, sweetheart."  He draws the last sentence out teasingly.

The Skyport comes into view as Maeve makes her offer. "I'll take you up on that soon. But not today." It certainly was tempting. Sah enjoys being around Maeve and the idea of spending more time with her is appealing, despite the heat. But she's right in her assumptions about the twins and his responsibilities.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve huffs a soft laugh, ignoring the flush of heat that crawls up her neck at his teasing, allowing herself a moment to enjoy the comfort of his embrace as he carries her through the trees as if she weighs nothing. "I dunno about that... You seem pretty human to me." She quips in response, smiling up at him softly, a mischievous glint in her jade eyes as she holds his gaze.

Carefully, he lowers her back onto her feet and Maeve adjusts her basket on her arm, reaching up to brush a stray hair from his eyes. "Soon. Stay safe through Deepfrost, Sah. Try not to freeze." And though there is a playful edge to her words, she means them sincerely, cupping his cheek before drawing back and heading up the stairs to board the next ship home.

~FIN <3~