Drowned do not dawdle.
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Are
Are crouched down to greet the strange little beast. As he had greeted the dogs that had driven around in packs back home, he held his hand out to let the gryphon take it at it's own pace. "A woman of great power." he stated, nodded and looked up at Jigano. Leaving a moment of silence to collect his thoughts. "The only one, besides the gods, that could make me whole again." Are said, his face no longer smiling.

As some memories grew blurrier some became clearer. He could almost hear her laughter echo over open waters, like a bell of silver, clear and warm he still heard it as if it had just rang out. In his mind she was there before him. Yet it still escaped him, the name of the one he loved most. He stole a glance at his hand, resting on his thigh he could see how the plain silver band caught the bleak sun and shone along with his memories.

"One who's voice could sing me answers and help me find my wife again." he said and looked back up. Even though he hadn't seen more than twenty two summers, tiny wrinkles around his eyes spoke of worries that never really settled.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Jigano waited for further elaboration, suspecting that there was more to it than merely 'power.' There always was, especially when 'power' could mean so many things. Isuma was not so cautious, approaching Are with kittenish energy to examine his hand. She did not scent his fingers as a dog might, having no sense of smell in her small beak, but she tilted her head at his fingers, checking them for treats and nibbling gently at one to make sure he hadn't been holding one recently that she might get a taste of.

"Ahh... on my world we are called Oracles," Jigano said, a sad smile in his words as he paused and watched Are greet the little gryphlet, who peeped happily up at both of them. "Men and women both, but... that, too, was taken from me when I was brought here. The mages of this world are... skilled in different ways," he tried to explain, though more slowly this time. "Some can control the elements, others can heal with magic, or take the shapes of animals. But... I have not heard of anyone who has the power of augury or finding. Not so far, at least." He could see the ring on the man's finger, and considered the woman he had been looking for when he arrived. Of course the woman was his wife. And if their boat had capsized on their world, and she hadn't appeared with him...

The bard's heart constricted in his chest, a quiet ache of sympathy for the man playing so innocently with the young gryphon in the spring grass. "But... this land is bounded by a magical barrier," he said at last, voice soft. "One we cannot yet escape, though we are trying. It is not so large an area to search. And perhaps she will see the Spire and find her way to the settlement on her own, if she was brought here with you?"
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Are
The talk of magic and its users made Are's head spin. The power of gods being spoken about by the scholar as if it was merely a matter of flapping one's ears. Woken from his deep thought by an especially sharp nip he withdrew his hand and stood up. Looking over the bridge leading into the settlement he again chewed his chin and pondered for a moment.

He finally realized the meaning of Jigano's words and looked upon him, eye brow cocked and a slight fear in his eyes. "Sejdmadr? I am sorry for your loss. I could never know what it feels like to have such power and to lose it." he said and shook his head at the thought. At every turn and answer the respect Are felt for the kind scholar grew, and now, knowing he too had been ripped from his home and stripped of something so dear. It hurt just thinking about.

"I know nothing of it, but I hope you're right. For you, I hope walls will crumble and you too will find what was lost." Are said solemnly and swallowed hard. He let a moment pass to think of what was next. Ruins of what once was, perfect for me. He chuckled at his own musings, just happy that he could still joke about it even though it drained him.

"I am in your debt, Jigano. I owe you a life and a half, thank you for your kindness. I can smell the fires calling for me." Are said and with a warm smile and offered a hand in a friendly gesture. "Again, thank you. Far vel, Jigano, bard, scholar, mage and friend."
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Jigano nodded gravely, accepting Are’s sympathy with grace. ”Thank you,” he said simply. Neither could he understand what the cobbler had lost: a partner, a lover, a spouse. But it was not in him to be so cruel as to deny the man that hope when he was still coming to terms with where and how he had arrived. And perhaps she had fallen through a separate portal, arriving in a different place entirely, or even outside the barrier itself.

A barrier Are did not understand yet, but would soon. Again Jigano bowed at the courteous words, kneeling to catch Isuma before she could try to worry Are’s boot strings. ”There are worse things to lose than power,” he said quietly, cuddling the little gryphon close and feeling her settle against his chest with a purr of pure love. ”But I thank you again, Are son of Jorm, for your kindness.” He found a smile at that, giving a small shake of his head even as he juggled his little companion back to his shoulder and reached out to take the offered hand firmly. ”You owe me nothing that a round of drinks and an evening of sharing stories won’t repay,” he demurred. ”Look for the largest building that is mostly intact, and underneath it you’ll find the Rathskeller, a tavern where you can find that fire and meal. Fare well, friend Are, and if you have any further questions I would be happy to answer them. You can find me, or word of where I am, in the Atheneum – the great library. Good luck to you.”