Hey Buddy
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM
it's not a cry for help,
it's just a cry for connection.
Adam had always been quick to adapt. If this was because of his tendancy to swallow all of his emotions until they burst out in a drunken panic, so what? It got him through the day to day. So he was stuck in a shitty bubbled village with no way out; he was sure he'd work it out eventually. He was the star of this story,  after all, and stars always pulled through.

He had taken to sauntering through the streets in the day looking for things to do (and steal) and spending his nights sneaking into back rooms at the Rathskellar to drink and sleep. It wasn't sustainable in the long term but hey, he was on a break. After inter-dimensional travel, he felt he deserved it.

As he was wandering one day he caught sight of a strange small man, pale and covered in scars, looking very upset. As much as his heart should have bled, his first thought was that emotional targets were easy ones, and who knew what riches those robes were hiding?

He sidled up close with a smile on his face and a confident swagger I his step. "Hey. You alright?"
? i'd trade my life and health,
to make people pay attention.
I'd sacrifice myself for the
sake of entertainment.?
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87

A handful of days had passed sine he'd arrived, and still Peter had no idea what to do with himself, what he was supposed to do. There was no one to tell him what to do, so he simply wandered through the strange settlement like a misplaced ghost, hoping that somehow, around the corner would be the familiar. At least he was ignored, most peoples eyes sliding off him.

Most peoples.

A man he didn't recognise, not that he recognised anyone, stepped close to him, startling Peter out of his hazy thoughts. The man was close, too close, and Peter's first reaction was to stiffen, one of his hands going behind his back to claps around a simple metal hilt. The words were friendly, but Peter didn't, couldn't trust him. Looking up (and up and up) into the face of the stranger, Peter tried to size him up, his eyes lingering on the fine features for a touch longer than was comfortable. The words were friendly, but Peter didn't, couldn't trust him.

"I'm alright." Peter offered his own words reluctantly, and only after he had thought about them long enough that he was sure his tongue wouldn't trip over them. "What..." He started, then shook his head, starting over. "Do you need something?"

Peter
I will learn to love the skies I’m under
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ADAM
it's not a cry for help,
Wow, okay. Adam had pegged the guy up as emotional and nervous before, but it went up several levels when he actually spoke to him. He seemed on edge, like he was trying to hide something...or get away from something. It did not occur to Adam that being approached by a very tall guy dressed like a slutty Halloween pirate could be unnerving. He observed the hand going back, likely to a weapon, but said nothing of it yet. If it made him anxious it didn't show, Adam easily resting back on his heels and shrugging.

"Nah, not in particular. Just thought you looked a bit upset. Not that I blame ya, this place is a shithole. But there's drinks and I'm here, so it's not that bad." He tried to smile encouragingly, beginning to feel a little guilty about trying to steal from someone this freaked out. Adam needed to get him relaxed so he could ease his guilt when he robbed him blind.

"You got a name?" He asked, shifting his expression to a genuinely friendly one.
sake of entertainment.?
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Confusion brought Peter's brows together when Adam started speaking. It was rare he was spoken to, but when he was it was for a purpose. When he was given orders, or more often, when he was being berated for whatever mistake that he had made most recently. Not... whatever this weird flamboyant man was talking about. He didn't know how he was supposed to respond, even the smile making him feel cornered.

The request for his name at least made sense, something Peter could offer without any sacrifice. And it seemed the man had realised at least some of the nerves he was causing, if the way his face softened was any indication. Peter glanced up into the handsome face again before lowering his eyes. "My name is Pe-Pet.. Pet... P-P..." Every time he stumbled over it, his cheeks grew redder and his voice quavered more until he fell silent silent and took a deep breath. "P-Peter."

It was clear Peter knew, or at least thought, he had made a grave misstep, his face pointed down and away from Adam and his shoulders tight, braced.

Peter
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
it's not a cry for help,
Adam's eyes widened and his expression grew more troubled with every stuttered syllable Peter issued instead of a name. Clearly this guy was the verge of a full on mental breakdown, which was very inconvenient for Adam. You just couldn't steal from a guy about to faint from nerves. Or well, you could, but it'd be terrible optics.

"I..uh...fuck." He sighed, defeated by the situation. Adam leaned forward and held out a hand for Peter to shake. "I'm Adam. Are...are you alright? You seem worried as all fuck. It's s'alright here, y'know. No guards or anything." There wasn't a way to put this politely: The person before him looked like a criminal. With the dark clothing and multitude of scars, it was clear he had had run ins with trouble.
sake of entertainment.?
Peter Pikely

Change author:

”I’m alright, I’m... I’m alright.” Peter was very much not alright, but getting him to admit it to anyone, least of all a stranger, would be like pulling teeth. He knew he was being irrational, and strange, and so, so obviously broken, but he didn’t know how to stop it. The scraps of peace he had found here were vastly outweighed by the stress that gnawed at him every waking moment. The feeling that he was doing something wrong, just by existing here.

The hand Adam offered was almost completely ignored, Peters eyes flicking down to find it empty, unthreatening. ”There is no anything here. He agreed, looking up at Adam, wondering what worries he would have with guards anywhere else. The tall man didn’t look the violent type, so... a thief? Peter narrows his eyes and looked up at Adam, focusing entirely on this new line of thought and ifnoringrhe turmoil locked just behind his face.

Peter
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
it's not a cry for help,
Peter said he was alright, but it was about the worst acting Adam had ever seen. Who was gonna believe that? The guy looked like he was going to burst into tears any second. But arguing with people who wanted to insist everything was fine rarely went well, so he just nodded and looked about to see if anyone else was seeing this. "...Sure."

The hand he put out was ignored so Adam took it back and rubbed his mouth with it while he considered Peter's statement. No...anything? That blatantly wasn't true. There was booze and houses and roads and cute girls. "...Well, I dunno about that. Didn't you see the massive fucking bird earlier?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

But he could tell already jokes weren't going to go down well, so he sighed and followed up with: "Hey. Do you want me to get you a drink or something?"
sake of entertainment.?
Peter Pikely

Change author:

”I didn’t see..: didn’t see any big birds.” Confusion tugged Peters brows together, distracting him from his turmoil if nothing else. He wasn’t sure if he was being made fun of or not by this man. He was difficult to read, almost by design, and loud and familiar and... lots of other things Peter wasn’t willing to think too hard on.

Peter had never been offered a drink before, for any reason. He rolled the suggestion around his head, trying to decide if he wanted to. One one hand, he didn’t trust Adam, in any way. But on the other, maybe this was the first step to living instead of just surviving.

”A drink sounds... nice, uh, good? It sounds good.” Peter tried to quirk his lips up to resemble a smile, though he was sure his efforts looked more like a grimace. Despite his pained look, there was a little trill of excitement in his belly as well.

Peter
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM
it's not a cry for help,
"Huh, really? That fucker was biiiiig." Then again, he'd worked out that a lot of people spent this Longnight time indoors hiding. What from? He wasn't sure. In his experience it had been just fine outside, a little cold maybe; but one just needed to stand by the giant feathery heater to sort that out.

Peter seemed unsure as to whether he wanted a drink or not but settled on yes, so Adam smiled and motioned for him to follow. "Well lucky for you, apparently they don't have any money here. They just give you shit. Puts me outta a job, but it's pretty wild." He'd never been able to get so drunk so cheaply before.

The way to the Rathskeller was one he knew already, through the temple and down; he looked back to Peter as he walked with a smirk. "Y'look like a lightweight though, so maybe we should just have the one, yeah."
sake of entertainment.?