Site Wide Event cold nights and shiny lights

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Deepfrost
The lamp is burnin' low upon my table top, the snow is softly fallin'
The air is still within the silence of my room, I hear your voice softly callin'

Hey, do you hear that? It sounds like... carnival music? And there's definitely a sweetness in the air. Maybe it's cotton candy, or... no. No, it's definitely popcorn! From wherever you might be, the Boondocks almost shine like a beacon when you get close enough; coloured lanterns line the way along the shore, shimmering at the water's edge and lighting up ruddy cheeks as you make your way towards the festivities.

And when you do reach them, it's like something out of a fairytale. A twilight market has rolled in, sprawling out and along the Boondocks with little intention of leaving any time soon. And there's no shortage of things to do; stalls to browse, games to play, attractions to squint at. Falling snow coats everything in a layer of crisp white, and crunchy footprints leave tracks through the area that are soon covered by a fresh layer of powder.

There's little to do other than to enjoy yourselves, so what's stopping you?

Welcome to the Deepfrost SWE! Please post your character arriving/encountering the twilight market in order to count this as part of the Seasonal Event. The market will be open all season, so there's no need to assume that your character arrives at the same time as anyone else's. (This is to avoid potential conflicts as the war gets closer).

The following attractions are available to enjoy:

- Carousel
- Luxere sleigh ride
- Hot cocoa station
- Market stalls
- Kissing booth (you can decide who's in the booth, lmao)

Everything apart from the carousel and sleigh ride are available to Merfolk, just have it take place at the water's edge!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye knew nothing of the kind from his world. He now wears a coat that he has exchanged. Much of what he has seen so far seemed very strange. It was similar to the circus which he could not gain much. But maybe he could get a better coat for the winter or even whole winter equipment. He walked through the against and looked at everything once first from a distance and tried to find markets for coats as well as for good jackets like gloves. Also, good boots would have been an option. Darkeye was not well equipped in his opinion and was glad that there was hot cocoa here to warm the atmosphere here was great. Firun, the lord of hunting and winter, always knew how to change the landscape to make it more challenging.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
Lilliane
I know I'm just a girl, but can I change lives?
By now, Lilliane had gotten used to strange changes taking place in Caido. So when she saw the colorful lanterns along the shore, she decided to check out what was going on. It was as good a day as any to learn more about Caido.

Arriving at the Boondocks, she stopped to take in the sights. She wasn't quite sure what to think of it. A macabre irony, to hold a carnival not long before the start of a war, or a much-needed respite from the dark thoughts looming over everyone lately. In the end, she decided on the latter.

With nothing better to do, she decided to have a look around the place.
If I am nothing, if I am trying, I think I can

Coding base by Sky

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN

"Why can't this appear every Deepfrost?" Ronin wants to know as they stroll along the Boondocks among the lanterns, the jaunty music ringing in his ears. His fingers are laced with Remi's and there's a scarf wrapped around his face, his steps leaving prints in the snow that's still falling overhead.

Mateo has already darted off before them, returning every now and them to throw a snowball or to show them something that he's found, and Ronin's cheeks are rosy with both the cold and his smile. "Maybe we can beg them to come back next year," he suggests of the marketplace, giving Remi's hand a squeeze and nodding at the carousel, the cocoa, the sleds being drawn by luxere. "Anything take your fancy?"
soft spoken with a broken jaw
we step outside, but not to brawl
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Change author:
My spores been growing by the day; my days been shining bright
It's true - Mateo is running off ahead, and who can blame him, really? He's seen the Stormbreak markets at Deepfrost and they are charming enough, especially at the height of Longnight. But they pale in comparison to this, and the boy's blue eyes reflect the lantern lights as he turns to hurl a snowball playfully at his fathers.

This might be one of the last years that finds him so enamoured by something as simple as snow and hot chocolate; with budding hormones and brewing war, the world is rapidly beginning to sink its teeth into him. But for now? For now he runs off towards one of the beautiful luxere tethered to the sleighs, scritching its ruff of fur and jingling the bells around its glowing antlers.
mateo!

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Change author:
ISLA

It's a different time and a different night, of course, when two Ascended make their way to the twilight marketplace. Isla had heard about it on the grapevine from people passing through the Grounds via portals or otherwise, and call her crazy, but she's in need of a little festive cheer.

So they stroll amongst the stalls, wrapped in coats and scarves and gloves despite needing none of their protection, Isla tucking herself under Varus's arm. A small smile curls across her face at the sight of a brightly lit hot chocolate stand, and she raises her eyebrows up at him. "When was the last time you had cocoa?" she asks. "It's been years, for me. I don't even remember how it tastes."
she's a runner
rebel, and a stunner
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI

Wrapped snuggly in Finn's scarf, Remi grins beneath the thick fabric as he squeezes Ronin's fingers. "If there is begging to be done, better that you do it." He comments with a chuckle. "From me it would likely just sound like a threat." As for what takes his fancy? Turning towards his husband while tugging on his hand, the Lullaby brushes his red-tipped nose against the Huntsman's and beams beneath his scarf. "Just you. Though if you are feeling the need to prance I would not object to a sleigh ride if you are the one to pull it."

Grinning crookedly, his guard down give how few familiar faces he saw, Remi was quite content to steer the Huntsman towards a stall selling salted cocoa where he ordered each of them a drink spiked with whiskey. He was also handed an additional cup filled entirely with whipped cream, for which he tipped the merchant a wink.

"Gods, but this is nice, isn't it?"
Who are you? They ask. Death?
Sometimes... I say. But not today
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
VARUS
say a prayer, but let the good times roll
in case god doesn't show
Who is he to deny the idea of relieving a bit of stress when it comes to something fun and festive? Of course he arrives with her, arm in arm, bundled up despite the fact they both don’t need it – it’s part of the charm at the end of the day, a scarf tucked around his neck, enough jackets on him to make him look like an overstuffed marshmallow and hide his metal arm from anyone who could see it. Not like it matters much, the day they pick far enough away from any others that might wish to ruin the event, who might wish to start the war.

Only years?” He scoffs, a crooked smirk, a dramatic drawl as he sucks in a deep breath and lifts his chin to peer at the lit up stand. “Last time I had it was before I ascended… Which has been a few centuries at this point. So I very much want to get some cocoa.” He tips her a wink, before guiding her to the stand so they might be able to pick out their mugs and as many marshmallows as it can feasibly hold.
and i want these words to make things right,
but it's the wrongs that make the words come to life
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
candlewax & polaroids on the hardwood floor
"Oooh, how cute!" Flora gushes from behind her scarf (chosen because of what a close match it was to her eyes). With her mittened hands wrapped around her twin's upper arm, she falls into easy step at Enzo 's side as they saunter through the market. "This is so much better than the fae stalls, don't you think? Now we don't have to hunch over like a pair of old witches." Of course, the pair had only been this height for a few weeks now, but so what if Flora was exaggerating?

She was an adult. She could (and would) do what she wanted.

"How abouuuttt we get some cocoa and then see if there's one of those booths that carves your name into ornaments?" A bit chilly as Flora had opted for style over practicality, she hugged Enzo all the closer, wondering if anyone would think they were a couple and whether that would make her seem more desirable.
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
the difference between a garden
AND A GRAVEYARD
With Flora ’s arm tucked in the crook of his elbow, his other hand across his chest to settle over the fine bones of her knuckles beneath the mitten she wears, Enzo is entirely happy to cater both to his sister’s desire to be desirable (what a mouthful) and to be chauffeured along the way she deserves. “Absolutely, you’d think since they have wings they’d make the stalls higher for the buyers, but I swear its a petty holdout meant to punish us,” he chuckles, voice newly deepened but still holding the same mischief and mirth. “Maybe we should make a stall of our own - massages, right at the end of the line. We’d make a killing.” Saviors of the hunchbacks of the Greatwood, the Kaliesins. As noble a title as their parents.

Flora is ever the one with the plan, and Enzo her eager and malleable sidekick, so he dashes a quick kiss to her cheek and gracefully turns them towards the drink table. “Cocoa it is! Let me know if you need my coat, ‘kay?” Perhaps she could stand forlorn with it draped over her shoulders to bait some peacocking man intent on saving her from her absent ‘boyfriend’.
is what you choose to put in the soil
ENZO
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
She spots Isla and Varus at the Festival, and while they look too freaking adorable together, it’s not quite adorable enough to produce that couple bubble and prevent Wessex from approaching. Or maybe she’s just oblivious. Maybe both. The demigod tries to catch one of their eyes as she approaches and gives a little wave if it’s successful.

Painting a pleasant expression on her face, she glances at the stall and sighs dramatically. “I swear, I only truly miss food at Festival time.” And then she catches herself and shakes her head, chuckling. “Booze, on the other hand… " Far more often. And more and more these days. "Spiked cocoa? Yes please.” She reaches for a mug as well, hoping that the stallkeeper actually had something to spike it with.

Even if it won’t affect her. And she won’t taste it. Nostalgia for nostalgia’s sake.
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 9 - Strg: 34 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 40 - Luck: 36 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
The shallows of Torchline might have been balmy and mild year-round, but the deeper waters held cold currents indeed, and Hadama found the Deepfrost chill of these foreign waters was more exotic than truly uncomfortable.

Still, hot drinks were a novelty he was keen to experience, and even moreso once he understood that the chocolate that Melita had introduced him too had been melted into a drinkable form.

The mermanta swam slowly up to the edge of the water, a dark shape shot through with glittering traceries before he broke the surface into the bracingly chilly air. Slicking his steel-silver hair back, he caught the startled attention of a nearby cocoa vendor and soon was relaxing against the bank with his hands cradling a steaming paper cup, quietly savoring the rich, dark sweetness of the drink while he watched the drylanders go about their games with silent interest.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Change author:
ISLA

Isla is on her toes to try and select her cocoa mug and toppings when she notices Wessex's wave, the Remedy turning to smile at her sister, waving in return as the Wraith makes her way over. "Mm, they don't make it easy to suffer through a Festival at the best of times, do they?" Grinning, she nonetheless adds a large pile of marshmallows to her mug so that they might melt into the cocoa.

"Spiked? Now you're talking. What do you say?" Winking at Varus, she gives him a gentle nudge that might or might not cause his drink to spill, selecting a chocolate liqueur and some whisky to add to her cocoa as well. Why not? It's not as though they can get drunk. "At least we're still welcome here at King's End."
she's a runner
rebel, and a stunner
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
VARUS
say a prayer, but let the good times roll
in case god doesn't show
Call him distracted, but it’s easy to do when one can see the steaming cocoa and the variety of mugs and the literal piles of marshmallows. He pulls back into the moment Wessex speaks, though, as Isla responds and he casts his oceanic gaze over his fellow Ascended with a bright grin. “Pretty sure I miss it all the time. Bacon? Fuck.” He huffs a laugh, before he absolutely zeroes in on the spiked cocoa.

To this he waggles a brow, a smirk crossing his face. “Oh, absolutely. Sign me up for that.” He luckily doesn’t spill the mug with the nudge from Isla, but he does nudge her back ever so slightly in response, snorting before he holds it out for Isla to add some to his too. “Nobody owns King’s End. Think I’d like to see them try to kick us out.” As far as he’s concerned, the Wilds were the Wilds and they’d be hard pressed to get them to leave such an open expanse of space when they were so worried about their own.
and i want these words to make things right,
but it's the wrongs that make the words come to life