Site Wide Event cold nights and shiny lights
Pihu Anjali
Thief

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int: 0
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Pihu

Pihu had heard about the strange market that had rolled in to King's End. It was a bit of a trek to get out to the Boondocks, but she managed. It had taken a portal and a long flight, but she did it. Landing on the outskirts of the festival, she shifted back to human.

Despite the cold, she didn't slip her hands into her pockets. Instead, she wandered the stalls, eying the merchandise without making any purchases. When she saw the hot cocoa, though, her eyebrows shot up her forehead. She immediately grabbed a cup, wrapping her fingers around it and taking a sip.

A nearby splash caught her attention, and she tilted her head to look at the water. Snorting, she sat on the edge of the boondocks and waved her cup at Hadama. "Guess ye didn' need me to grab ye sweets this time."
They say these are the golden years
But I wish I could disappear
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
It was beautiful.

Lena was often overcome with sights of serenity and tranquility, but the twirl of hues, the plentiful, pleasant aromas, and the blinking lantern lights, fitted against the backdrop of crisp white and the luxere’s glows, were enough to give her pause as she meandered in. Almost by instinct, she caught herself from wondering what to tell Sera – because that habit had not yet died away, and perhaps she could in another wake, just not in the tangible, corporeal means any longer.

The Caretaker’s natural tendency would be to immediately meander towards the luxere and the sleigh ride, but figuring she could save a favored thing for last, she began to peruse the markets (following, perhaps, the distinctive pull of hot cocoa) with her basket, intending to fill it with goodies and materials to bring back home.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1897
Maea
And time it waits for no one
It heals them when you die
There had been a time when festivals like these had been the highlight of her life. The milling crowd, delectable scents wafting through the air, music and lights and all the fun one could ever wish for; it had been like shedding a cray cloak of reality and stepping into a dream.

As she roamed the lanes and took in the varied entertainment, Maea tried to summon that old festive cheer. Really, honestly tried to enjoy herself, even though the warm drinks and savory treats did nothing for her anymore. She even tried smiling, just for the sake of it, just in case it might trick her mind into believing the lie, only for a moment. Perhaps coming alone had been a mistake. If she returned at some point, with Amun or... maybe it would be different, then. Not as chafing, as stifling to see all those laughing, merry people mill about, in two's or threes or large bustling groups and realize that she had very little in common with any of them, in that moment.

In another attempt to distract herself from the gloom, Maea turned her attention to the many market stalls. Figuring out a gift for Amun would at least occupy her thoughts.
And soon you are forgotten
A whisper within a sigh
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 9 - Strg: 34 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 40 - Luck: 36 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Somehow he wasn't surprised to see Pihu here, and the mermanta gave his fellow Torcher a warm nod of greeting. Swimming while holding a cup of liquid out of the water was even trickier than doing it with a paper bag of sweets; at least the sweets didn't slosh! But Hadama moved slowly enough to manage it as he moved closer to the familiar woman so they could enjoy their drinks together.

"I do not believe the merchant has seen a mermaid before," he said, and though his tone was blandly neutral his eyes sparkled with mischief.

"This drink is quite good. Have you had it before?"
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
Bacon? Okay, yeah, the thought is enough to make Wessex want her mouth to water. “Mmmm… Baon,” she repeats with the subtlest hint of longing in her voice. She’ll settle for the tiniest burn in the back of her throat though, and the flush of warmth that should be heat. Cheersing the other two Ascended in the air with her mug, Wessex takes a long draught of her marshmallow-less hot cocoa and smiles. “Yeah, and this is one place I’d really fight for,” she adds. “So much green. It’s gorgeous.”” And now - the rolling hills of snow.

Offering a few coins to the stallkeeper as means of payment for all three of them, the Wraith offers the merry couple a grin. “I’ll let you two carry on. Have a good time.” They certainly don’t need someone like her crashing the party, and besides, she’ll have her eyes peeled for a certain short blonde…

[Wessex out :) ]
Pihu Anjali
Thief

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int: 0
Change author:
Pihu

Pihu shrugged at Hadama's comment. Sweeping the arm not holding her mug at the carnival arrayed around them, she narrowed her eyes. "Yeah, well, I never heard o' these folks either, so that makes us even. I wonder where they all came from?" She narrowed her eyes at the hot chocolate seller. Gaze sweeping over the vendor, she cocked her head to one side.

"Aye, I have, actually. Managed to steal a few sip when I was a wee one." Lifting her cup, she closed her eyes as the liquid  hit her taste buds. Letting out a sigh, she grinned as the tension bled out of her shoulders.
They say these are the golden years
But I wish I could disappear
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

There were plenty of things to focus on. Important tasks to get done, but Maeve just needs a little break. A small breather. A day trip to the Boondocks wasn't going to hurt anyone. With Aidon in tow and a jacket bundled around her, the Nightshade sets off, feeling a touch lighter despite all of the weight of the coming conflict on her shoulders. Turning to Melita, the Nightshade offers a smile, "Feeling better after everything?" Rested? Restored? The Nightshade was. Thankfully neither of them suffered too badly during the whole ordeal.

Aidon trots between her and Melita, nosing at her arm, cooing and trilling as she sniffs for her new companion. "What about some cocoa? I could go for a cuppa now." Maeve hums, hands stuffed into the pockets of her jacket, steps crunching through the dusting of snow that covered the ground.
But the cut of your love never hurts, baby
It's a sweet butter knife
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Recovered from the latest trippy experience, Melita and her companions were already enticed by the shimmering lights. A sort of gallantry and entertainment she could get behind – what with the market stalls, the aroma of hot cocoa, the promising luxere rides, and everything else notched in between. Her eyes were rounded like saucers at every turn, hitching her bag over her shoulder, increasing her strides between each and every kiosk, much like a child let loose in a candy shop. Fangorn eagerly bobbed at her heels, while Sila remained on her other shoulder, puffs of smoke wisping and curling away from her nostrils.

But what to do first, when everything seemed so alluring?

Maeve, at least, had the right notions, and before the honeybee could go off bounding and leaping at impulsive airs. "I'm all right," and Fangorn waved his vines towards the other dragon, while the hatchling's gaze went wide too, glancing at Aidon. "You?" A contemplative whim took over thereafter though, studying potentials before systematically agreeing. "How about hot cocoa, then sleigh rides? I think we deserve it." Not that she wouldn't have indulged herself anyway.
to be the sun
MELITA
Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int: 0
Played by: Cith Offline
Change author:
MP: 235
chaele
worship like a dog
Today is not the day for their skull mask and its tall, skeletal antlers; even if Chaele did not mind marring the festive spirit with their typical choice of head gear, they would not have been fond of the eyes it would draw. Instead their face is covered with a small wooden circle, the eye holes small but functional. On their head is a sparse crown of holly leaves, pine needles, and mint sprigs, which tend to match the ornamentations woven into their braids. It is still somewhat conspicuous, but hopefully less so.

They have found a place to stand near the water, far enough from the crowds for comfort while still able to enjoy the warmth of the festival lanterns. There is a tangle of thread between their fingers, a netting of knots that seems to be taking some sort of humanoid shape. They look between it and the merrymakers in kind, quiet as a watchful spirit.
at the shrine of my lies
Code blatantly stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Change author:
if I ever start to think straight
Amun had heard about the carnival out in the boondocks, of course, given that everyone seemed to be talking about it. After the Festival of Lights, he'd almost decided against going. Still, it was close enough to the Hollowed Ground that he eventually caved. Putting on his illusory cloth to disguise his features and firmly commanding Zhanshi to stay at home, the potter made the long trek out.

When he arrived, he'd meandered through the cheerful chaos. The hot cocoa stand earned a cursory glance, the carousel and sleigh ride a grin, and the stalls a few minutes of his time. When he spied the kissing booth, though he'd arched an eyebrow. There was more than a few folks milling about around it and he joined the crowd, leaning against a tent pole as he watched people pucker up. Chuckling, he shook his head.
this heart will start a riot in me
Amun
Alexander de Winters
Blacksmith

Age: 38 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Alexander
I can hear it in your voice while your speaking
you can't be treated
He'd been looking for Amun. The other Ascended had disappeared towards the end of the season and while the smith had planned to tease him for ducking their date, he instead found himself worried that something had happened to the potter. When he saw him head out of the Grounds after missing him for what seemed like days, the smith followed after him, too far behind to catch up properly in time to see him put on the illusionary disguise.

Alexander lost him at the edge of the carnival, cursing his luck as he scanned the crowd, trying to spot the man. Instead, he came up empty, wandering through the people and towards the kissing booth. He passed right in front of the person in question, not even realizing it, thinking he was some other random stranger.
Mr. Know-it-all had his reign and his fall
At least that's what his brain is telling all
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Falke
pull up a seat right next to men and
pull out a pen, write down your memory

Stormbreak is lonely these days; even with his work, the loss of his colleagues and friends is a good excuse for Falke to push himself to leave the dismally grey, granite fortress. It’s a shame, he thinks, as he wanders the Festival in King’s End, that needing a distraction is what makes him start to venture out. So much could have been done earlier if -

If only -

He wears melancholy like a warm wool sweater, gazing aimlessly out of the sleigh as the luxere bring him back to the start of the ride. He spots Lena’s familiar head through the crowd and on impulse, calls out, “Lena!” to the Caretaker, raising his hand to try and catch her attention before she disappears. The sleigh driver offers the Fixer a hand down and he takes it, leaning heavily on the man’s hand so keep his balance in the slush.

how many of us
are on the cusp on the verge?
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Change author:
if I ever start to think straight
Watching as Alexander strode past, Amun arched an eyebrow. He eyed the smith as the other man scanned the crowd. Finally, the potter chuckled and pushed off the pole he'd been lounging against. Sauntering over to his fellow Ascended, the guild master whistled a few notes.

"Tall, dark, handsome, and completely and totally lost. A man after my own heart." Although the face was a stranger, the voice was entirely Amun. Grinning at Alexander, the potter shot the smith a wink. "Perhaps I can help you find your way, lost lamb that you are." The guild master folded his arms across his chest as his grin deepened into a smirk.
this heart will start a riot in me
Amun
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Change author:
Deimos

Distractions and diversions, time spelled and spilled out in lantern lights and carnival adornments – a scent pulling him away from other proportions and necessities. A rare occasion for him to delve away from tasks or requirements, the notions of why he was out of Halo constantly in the back of his mind, but the wakes of the earth had altered substantially – and the curiosity gave way.

It wasn’t unlike some of the festivities he’d garnered for his fellow citizens – but on a much larger, grander scale. People hovering amidst stalls. Luxere sleighs. Games to play. He was briefly reminded of Fiat Lux; and though that memory sharpened over his spine in a variety of ways, he could at least wander forth, and out of that potential void.
you're all bronze and bite
all venom and fistfight