{SE} shiver my timbers
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai shook his head firmly, "Not at all." The scholar fiddled with the edge of his jacket sleeve as he spoke. "It's always a nice surprise to find someone who actually wants to talk about old languages and linguistics with me." There were some in the family who were happy to sit and let him ramble on about it, but there were few who genuinely wished to engage with the topic with him.

Nikolai watched as Maea practiced, proud to see that she was already showing improvement. The letters were more accurate with her slower movements, and he had no doubt that speed would come with time.

As she worked, he answered her question, "Yes. I was born in the Grounds. Were you?" His fellow Ascended looked vaguely familiar as well, though Nikolai had a bad habit of ignoring the people around him most of the time.
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
The reassurance had Maea easing again, the worry set aside as she kept working on the letters. Holding a quill again and focusing on such simple things was relaxing; the Atheneum was quiet and the only sounds came from rustling parchment and Nikolai's voice as he replied to her question.

It confirmed her suspicion, and the pale haired girl nodded quietly in return. "Yeah. My family had a farm, out in the Fields. They're gone now." It still hurt to say it. Would there ever be a time when that wound truly healed? "I'm surprised we haven't run into one another sooner. You didn't join the Lorekeepers before?"
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai heard the grief in Maea's voice and easily switched topics to avoid prying. "I didn't. I uh... I didn't even know that they existed until after they were gone." He'd been too caught up in his own family drama to seek out such opportunities. But now that he had the chance, he'd be a fool not to grasp it.

A bird flew past the window and the younger Ascended stood. "I think the sun is on its way up soon. I need to get home and help my mom finish up some chores before it does." He glanced down at her work and gave one last satisfied nod. "You're doing great. We'll have our next lesson soon or you can teach me bookbinding then if you want. " Maea already picking up the language easily. Nikolai doubted it'd take more than a lesson or two for her to master it.

After he checked that the annoying trees were truly gone, Nikolai opened the door. "See you around,", He waved at Maea and then made his way home.

-{FIN}
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows