Training met at midnight in the hanging tree
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 26 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,653 | Total: 5,357
MP: 542
#1
MAEA
It loomed out of the curling mist, tall and wide. The gnarled branches were bare and swayed in the nightly breeze, the sound of shifting timber a subtle groan that only keen ears truly picked up. The path to this place had been longer and far more difficult to traverse than Maea anticipated, and she was feeling the long hike by the time she spotted the landmark on the horizon.

A step ahead of Amun, she darted forward and tried to make a race of it, to see if she could reach the ominous looking tree before him. She had some muddy handprints on her back to repay him for, and an itch in the bones that kept her moving despite the body's urging her to take a break.

She never listened to that before. Ascending had done nothing to break that kind of habit.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 38 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,317 | Total: 9,913
MP: 3415
#2
Amun

You'll be faced with problems of all shapes and sizes
You're going to have to make a few compromises
As Maea took off, Amun blinked. "Oi!" he called out after her. "I thought we were trying not to lose sight of one another." Breaking into his own run, he started to follow her. However, he almost immediately fell on his face as he stepped onto a muddy patch of ground (ground being a generous term).

Groaning, he slowed his pace to a jog. Keeping one eye trained on his feet, he kept the other on her form, which the fog was doing its best to swallow. The eddies and swirls she left behind in the mist betrayed her passage though. He didn't know how long they moved before a larger shape appeared in the partially opaque distance.

When he approached he realized how large the tree actually was. Skidding to a halt, he found himself continuing to slide across the damp earth. That was until his right foot plunged into a pool of water. Or mud again, given how it sucked against his attempts to free himself. He let out a yelp and redoubled his efforts to get out.

Given all that, she'd have no trouble getting to the tree before him.
For now we're happy if not overjoyed
And we'll accept the things we cannot avoid
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 26 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,653 | Total: 5,357
MP: 542
#3
MAEA
Outstretched fingers reached out and tapped lightly against the gnarled bark of the tree, and her arms went up in silent triumph at the victory. Only then did she turn around, and realized that Amun was not at all hot on her heels, as she had imagined.

Blinking, the slender girl began to backtrack, her steps light and rather effortless as she skipped between rocks, stumps and tussocks. Only rarely did she slip or stagger, and when the time she found her brother and saw his predicament there was a puzzled expression on her face.

"Amun, are you alright? It's not that muddy." She made an indication down over herself; the hem of coat and trousers had received some splashes, true. But nothing at all like him, or the obvious struggle he had in freeing himself from the swamp.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 38 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,317 | Total: 9,913
MP: 3415
#4
Amun

You'll be faced with problems of all shapes and sizes
You're going to have to make a few compromises
Amun sighed as his leg finally squelched out of the hole he'd stepped into. Glancing up at Maea, he grimaced. "The spirits we defeated were made of something tarlike. Maybe this is a lingering curse." Pausing, he clarified, "I don't actually think that, since the Voice would've dispelled it. I think it's just plain old bad luck. Or the swamp is out to get me" He snorted and shook his head.

Freed from his predicament, he picked his way over to the tree. Now that he was closer, he could see that what he'd thought were vines were actually ropes. Shivering, he circled around it part of the way, careful not to step too close. "Well, this is a pleasant ambience." He rubbed his hands up and down his arms.
For now we're happy if not overjoyed
And we'll accept the things we cannot avoid
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 26 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,653 | Total: 5,357
MP: 542
#5
MAEA
"Awh, poor you. All the terrible mud is out to get you." Pouting in exaggerated sympathy Maea had to once again keep herself from laughing at how miserable he looked. Stepping aside as he went to examine the tree, she hung back and allowed him space to do so at his leisure.

When she thought he wasn't looking, she leaned down and grabbed a handful of the mud he had churned up with his foot. "I know, right? And this is where a kid had gotten himself. All alone, no weapons... Entirely defenseless."

Her movements were surreptitious as she straightened up. Sweet and entirely innocent... at least until she lobbed a good wad of the stinking muck straight for the back of his head.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 38 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,317 | Total: 9,913
MP: 3415
#6
Amun

You'll be faced with problems of all shapes and sizes
You're going to have to make a few compromises
Shuddering at Maea's words, Amun grimaced and glanced behind them towards the swamp they'd left. "When you put it like that it's a bit too close to the mud monster for comfort." Sighing, he shook his head and turned to face the tree again.

Continuing his circle around the trunk, he arched an eyebrow. He called out to her without looking looking. "Really? Are you sure it was just a kid? Who lets their kid just--" that was all he managed to get out before the mud splattered all over the back of his head.

Sputtering, he whirled to face her. Narrowing his eyes, he took one step in her direction. "Oh, it. Is. On!" There was plenty of mud on his body, so he just scooped some up from his boots. Activating his phasing upgrade to prevent a body or headshot, he lobbed his clump of sticky dirt at her.
For now we're happy if not overjoyed
And we'll accept the things we cannot avoid
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 26 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,653 | Total: 5,357
MP: 542
#7
MAEA
Dropping every subject about mud monsters and creepy kids in the swamp, Maea whooped in delight as her projectile struck true. A wicked grin slashed across her face when the challenge was issued, and she did her best to duck as Amun threw a fistful of dirt back at her.

Not quite fast enough, as it turned out. It splatted against her half-turned shoulder and she spat with a disgusted noise as some of it splashed onto her face and went into the mouth. Even though she couldn't taste it, the consistency was offensive enough.

Spinning back and approaching fast, she leveled a palm at the ground before his feet and activated her electrical touch, emitting a current of sparks. With some luck it would splash watery sludge up over him - and if it accidentally shocked him a little as a side-effect, she would be sorry. Mostly. At least a little bit.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 38 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,317 | Total: 9,913
MP: 3415
#8
Amun

You'll be faced with problems of all shapes and sizes
You're going to have to make a few compromises
Narrowing his eyes at Maea's grin, Amun wagged a finger at her. "Cheap shot. Which, obviously, I approve of, but it's the only one you're going to get." He stuck his tongue out at her.

His own projectile smacked into her shoulder and he smirked. The water she blasted with electricity did indeed head towards his body. However, given that he was phased, the wave and droplets passed harmlessly through him.

Raising both hands, his brow furrowed. "My turn." Electricity unfurled from him as he fired off his new upgrade. The coils reached for her to try and lock her in place. If he managed to grab her with them, she wouldn't even be able to teleport or so he thought.
For now we're happy if not overjoyed
And we'll accept the things we cannot avoid
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 26 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,653 | Total: 5,357
MP: 542
#9
MAEA
She just kept grinning, never one to talk much while in the middle of something. Especially not when that something was a contest. A spar, even, when mud swiftly was replaced by actual upgrades. Hot on the porridge, weren't they? So eager to test their weapons on one another, to see who would come out on top.

Of course he evaded her attack. That was a very real possibility that Maea had been prepared for. So she didn't pause to regret anything when the splashing mud did nothing. She simply readied herself for the next move instead, and elegantly teleported out of reach for the coils that sprung from her brother's fingers. Ah - so that's what he had been questing for. She supposed they would do something, if they actually managed to snare her.

Fortunately for Maea, luck was on her side this time.

Wordlessly she appeared just behind his left shoulder and closed the circuits in her palm again, this time aiming the electrical current directly at Amun. And let it keep pulsing, her focus narrowing to the two tasks of maintaining the flow and watching for his next move.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


RPG-D