the first cut was the deepest
Chaele <33
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
anyway, you say you're too busy
saving everybody else to save yourself
His gaze focuses on their back as they retreat back toward their shrine, the mist enveloping the space between the two of them in a way that he can still see them through yet also obscures the distance ever so slightly. Enough that he can’t make out what it is they’re doing with the trinkets they’ve left on the bank, but he doesn’t focus on it all that much when they begin to speak.

Of course, he can’t help the snort that leaves him, the way his lips twitch in a crooked smile. “Of course. Just helping doesn’t conscript you into entering the haven.” He says with ease – shoulders relaxing a fraction as he moves to sit on the edge of the bank now, to dangle that one scarred and healed wing into the healing waters of Frey’s ever so slightly more, the pinch in his brow smoothing with the relief it brings.

He finds his gaze focusing on the mist now, rather than them, when the question is aired and it gives him some time to figure out the response he wants – the Flood having a streak of notoriety with miscommunication. And with as many near death experiences he’s had in the past few years? He hopes it at least somewhat makes sense that he might not be completely right up there. “I don’t have to.” Sunjata offers a hint carefully, tilting his head to the side to cast a glance back toward them. “Frey cares little about the war, only that life continues after. Had I stayed with Safrin I’d be forced onto the battlefield to fight the Ascended.” He lifts his left hand, the silver band on his ring finger glinting with the movement. “My husband is one of the demigod’s of the Voice. So as you can see, fighting in this war to defend the very gods that want my husband dead isn’t exactly what I wanted. Frey gave me the option of removing myself from the playing field.
and you don't want no help, oh well
that's the story to tell
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int: 0
Played by: Cith Offline
Change author:
MP: 235
my ears can hear my mouth can speak my spirit talks my soul believes
“How generous.” Their throat tightens through the attempt at sarcasm, revealing a thread of honesty in the assessment. If Chaele had heard of such mercies before, they had conveniently forgotten them. It occurs to them how little they know of the gods, old or new, and how close this task might bring them to actually interacting with one. Despite the Breath’s warmth, the Abandoned shivers.

The long antlers above their head turn toward Sunjata then, as blind as their eyes to him. Chaele does not know of his brushes with death, his shifting allegiances, his various notorieties. They know him only as one who would protect the weak and stand for his loved ones. “Yours is a better reason than fear to take refuge. Though I cannot imagine Safrin is pleased.”

It is as much a question as an observation, a prying assumption into the nuances of this great war. Unwittingly they mirror him at the water’s edge, dipping in a pair of grateful feet. The ripples cast by his wing greet those that sprout from their touch, almost like a shaking of hands.
Base code by Odd • Art by Krakenkatz
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
They’ve managed to take him by surprise again, the comment of finding a different reason for refuge other than fear certainly isn’t the one he’s anticipating. So it’s no surprise the way his brows rise toward them, steel snapping from the rippling water to the antlered skull that speaks to him. “Oh, no, she wasn’t.” He admits with a bit of a wince, trying to figure out where exactly the information they knew of him stopped and where he needed to fill in the gaps. “She almost killed me.” He carefully avoids the complexity of the fact Ronin had saved him.

That they had been friends once. That the Huntsman had been the one to kill his husband most recently after saving the Flood’s life.

It was complicated.

So instead, he watches as they dip their feet in, turning his gaze away from them yet again. “She turned our daughter against me, too.” She had manipulated Kamaria’s opinion so strongly that she’d chosen to live with the huntsman instead. But Sunjata wasn’t going to be his father and force her to stay with him. Not when it was likely for her protection anyway.

But that’s neither here nor there. “I was in quite deep with Safrin and the night I changed over to Frey she snuffed out the stars the entire night. I spent the majority of the time before then having her quite literally burned out of me.
that's the story to tell
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int: 0
Played by: Cith Offline
Change author:
MP: 235
my ears can hear my mouth can speak my spirit talks my soul believes
A noise of acknowledgement huffs out of the back of their throat, slowly swaying feet suspended in the tinkling water for a moment. Chaele remembers that night, when the sliver of moon was the only light in a clear night sky. They had taken it for an omen, some mysterious mischief or awesome anomaly, and it amuses them to discover that it had been nothing but a divine temper tantrum.

“It seems they are nothing if not creative in their fury,” they observe, toes resuming to draw ripples in the water. Their words are slow and careful, measuring out their own animosity for those fickle entities who use mortal lives for play and punishment. “You have sacrificed much for this neutrality.”

Their hand moves to the makeshift shrine, a finger pressing at the patterns of melted wax that have pooled around the neglected candle. Perhaps it is an homage to Frey, their warmth and protection and mercy, though Chaele had not initially intended it to be. “I intend to sacrifice as little as possible. You must understand: I am no servant or champion. It is a matter of survival.”
Base code by Odd • Art by Krakenkatz
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He’s about to respond to their comment of creative furies – something Sunjata had never not experienced. After all, the scar along the side of his face is proof enough that his own father wanted him to suffer with a reminder of his handiwork, of his failures. What he doesn’t expect is for them to tell him he’d sacrificed a lot – an acknowledgement that’s so rarely shown, especially from strangers that it short circuits him a few moments and he simply watches them a few heartbeats longer. “I suppose I have.” His accented rumble stumbles out of him, awkward and unsure.

His steel gaze, shrouded in a hint of storms at the memory begins to narrow as their hand drifts toward that shrine, but Sunjata makes no move to ask – he wants to simply observe, letting the calming waters of Frey’s Breath relieve the tension on the wing of his dragon shift that his father had snapped what felt like ages ago. “I understand.” He offers them, returning his stormy gaze toward the shaman. “I was reckless when I first arrived here. I wanted to be something more and yet – everything became so much more complicated because of it. Being Frey’s demigod has been perhaps one of the least complicating agreements I’ve made.” This is said with a small huff of a laugh, a hint unamused, but truthful.
that's the story to tell