Personal Quest Books and scrolls
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai had put the notice up a few days ago and even now he wasn't sure if people would show. Taking over Sam's bookstore was something he'd never even considered, not until Amun suggested he do so. Maea seemed on board with the decision as well, so Nikolai had done his best to do so. The shop was still standing so he assumes he's done a decent job thus far. Today though, it was time to renovate and add an extension for his study. Because what was a scholar without a study?

As people arrived, surprisingly, Nikolai cleared his throat to steady his voice. "Alright, so...I'm taking over the bookstore and it needs some renovations. And I need to build a study for... scholarly things." That didn't sound suspicious at all. Oops.

He continued on nonetheless, "Well, I think we should start with simply building the extension and cleaning. So, we need someone to build walls, someone to build shelves, someone to clean the store, and someone to organize the books already present."

Tasks! No post order.  Nikolai will aid wherever he's needed.

1. Build the extension/walls for the study.
2. Build shelves to put in the study.
3. Clean the bookstore.
4. Organize the books already present.

1. Nikolai
2. Maea
3. Nate
4. Sunjata
5. Darkeye
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Don't paint wonderful lies on me that wash away
Something for something was the way of the Grounds, and Maea was challenging herself to keep as busy as she could. To not wallow or agonize as it were. That meant filling every hour of the day with things that kept her hands occupied and thoughts from wandering, and it was why she appeared in front of Wordsworth Books with time to spare. While the place dredged up memories, it was not a far leap into considering how the store and its new owner might be tied into Lorekeeper business in the future, and Maea found that she actually enjoyed the idea of being allowed to plan.

When enough willing hands had arrived and tasks were lined up, she smiled quietly to Nikolai. "I'm most comfortable with organizing books," she offered, before anyone else could snatch it. "Let me know what system you prefer; I can be flexible." And as soon as she knew what to do, she would get started.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
// the anesthetic never set in and i'm wondering where the apathy and urgency is that i thought i phoned in
it's not so pleasant and it's not so conventional, it sure as hell ain't normal but we deal, we deal //
Time moving on without him is… strange, to say the least, but Nate is doing everything in his power to catch up. To have a hand in it as it ticks ahead. Today, his hand is wrapped in Sunjata’s, and catching up involves his favourite young member of the family and his late ex’s bookstore. This is a recipe for only good things.

Look at you Ni-ni! All grown up!” Nate’s voice bursts through the door before he does, dragging Sunjata along behind him. Not a glance is spared towards Maea as Nate beelines towards Nikolai to pinch his cheek. “Didja miss me?

It’s all the bothering he gets in before he settles, and waits for tasks to be handed down. “I’ll clean!” He chirps with a smirk, claiming the easiest task for himself. “Maybe I’ll find some of my own shit!” The words are mostly aimed towards Sunjata, though it’s not as if it’s a large area, or Nate is a quiet person. Despite his antics, Nate does focus dutifully on his task, sweeping and dusting with his faux arms to help faster.
// can't take the kid from the fight, take the fight from the kid
sit back, relax, sit back, relapse again //
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
// grass stains cut my bloody knees, it's goodpain, it means i can't be phased
that little death inside my sides, won't make it right //
Hey,” he starts to say before he gets cut off in the way Nate tugs him into the old bookshop. He wasn’t really one that frequented this space, the rare occasion bringing him to Sam’s bookstore – but given that the red headed Ascended was no longer around, well, there was even more of a little need to stop by or drop in.

Of course, he lets Nate greet Nikolai, Sunjata’s attention flickering toward Maea to offer his own little quiet nod of his head in greeting, before he too settles in to wait for the tasks. Organizing and cleaning already snatched up (something that has Sunjata offering a playful glare his husband’s way). “Guess that leaves me for building something, hm?” He sighs somewhat heavily, straightening out and picking the walls because at least it’s something he’s familiar with.

He rebuilt most of the Temple, after all.

Walls it is.” So he moves in and starts to use the lumber to lay out the frame work of the walls, clearing out the space required and anchoring them to the spaces where he thinks the support system of the house already resides.

Sunjata picks building the extension/walls!
he wins every time i find myself inside, alone all night
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye wanted to secure as many people as possible when he started his projects and was looking forward to seeing the books Bastien had praised so much up close. He was surprised when he saw Maea had seen how Nate treated her but did not want to make the situation worse for her.

He put on a good face, but he would keep it in mind and made a note in his book. In a calm voice, he says, "Good afternoon and hello to Kor. I have heard that we are here to take care of the work of a true craftsman and friend of Bastien and I hope that I can help. If there are not already too many helping hands, I would take care of the bookshelves. That these treasures get the right attention from my good friend Maea."The last sentence he said with emphasis and smiled at Maea.

----

Darkeye would try to get the bookshelves up to scratch and if necessary reinforce them. Always with a smile on his lips.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai smiled at Maea as she arrived. She was quickly becoming a familiar and welcome face. And Nate's reappearance pulled a hidden grin as well. Although the younger Ascended grumbled as cheek was pinched, he playfully nudged Nate back, "Good to have you back, Dipshit." Sunjata received a nod and Darkeye.. well.. Nikolai was caught off guard by the man's earnest but small speech. "Thank you for the help."

Greetings made; the work begins. After explaining his desired organization to Maea, she goes on to do so perfectly. The books are organized efficiently and to Nikolai's standards.

Despite Nate's antics, he does clean well. He might not clean up well in Nikolai's opinion, but the shop is soon spotless.

Sunjata too does great work and the shop's extension goes up smoothly.

Darkeye might be more known for working in the forge, but the Accepted might want to consider carpentry. Because those bookshelves are stunning and could probably stop a tank.  If Caido had tanks. Still the bookshelves in the shop are done and the Accepted even gets the ones done for the study as well.

Nikolai is left floundering as there is literally no work left for him to do since no one needs help. So he just goes around and hands tools out as necessary.

With the work done, the group reconvene, and Nikolai gives them all a nod. "That went way better than expected. Ok here's what's next. I think the windows just arrived too."

~
Excellent rolls! Here are the new tasks! No post order. Nikolai will help where needed.

1. Put the newly made shelves into the study.
2. Replace broken/cracked windows in the store.
3. Place windows in the study.
4. Build a desk for the study.
Some lie in wait
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Responding to Sunjata's brief acknowledgement with a slight incline of her head, Maea ignored Nate's presence as much as she herself was ignored. Much as she appreciated Darkeye's somewhat heated speech, it made her wince a bit too, and as she went about the sorting, she spared the short man a faint smile - and a slight shake of her head. Please don't', her expression pleaded; it was not the time or place to explain, but she very much deserved every bit of ice from the demigods. Both of them, actually; Sunjata was positively magnanimous in his greeting.

Thank goodness for Nikolai, and for the work going smoothly. After finishing her task, Maea looked quickly between the others and listened to the new list of chores.
"Leave the shelves to me," she said, and went to retrieve them. Sturdy they may be, and short she was, but it was a task she could accomplish on her own - well away from the others. Out of sight, out of mind.

It was better that way.

---------

Maea chooses to deal with the shelves.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
// the anesthetic never set in and i'm wondering where the apathy and urgency is that i thought i phoned in
it's not so pleasant and it's not so conventional, it sure as hell ain't normal but we deal, we deal //
Nate sees the smile curl on Nikolai's lips and considers it a great personal victory, cause for smugness and gloating when it's easier to be in the younger ascended's face. Darkeye is met with a simple smile and nod as well, the demi-god unaware of any issues that may have had the chance to sprout in his absence.

Cleaning goes quickly, the kind of task Nate can complete while zoning out, save for the occasional bothering of his husband, whiny complaints about the mess he's making and the work he's adding onto the cleaning, as if Sunjata is the only one guilty of that. As if it in any way makes the work go by slower.

They reconvene again, Nate standing back so he can twirl the broom he'd been using, though it isn't long before he fumbles it, and the wood goes clattering to the ground. "I'll replace the windows!" He takes advantage of the beat to claim his preferred task, bumping his hip against Sunjata as he goes to start making note of which windows need replacing. It's another task his extra hands come in handy for, keeping everything steady while he works. Thats not the only reason for his choice though, replacing the windows gives him a chance to snoop around, for nostalgia, for his own forgotten things, whatever.

Nate gets to work replacing windows and snoops through everything like a brat
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
// grass stains cut my bloody knees, it's goodpain, it means i can't be phased
that little death inside my sides, won't make it right //
Darkeye is also given a small nod of greeting – a reminder to speak to him soon before things start to get rolling with his quest. For now, though, it isn’t the time. The Flood having quite a bit of work ahead of him when it comes to building the walls of the extension, ensuring that it will be insulated well enough and weather proofed enough to hopefully last quite some time. It’s made more difficult with Nate’s little interventions, but it does seem to keep a permanent smile on his face, one that tugs on the corners in sly amusement each and every time.

And before he knows it, he’s done. Stepping back to appraise his work as the next tasks are dished out, Sunjata picking a splinter from a hand as he waits idly, feathers sprouting in his hair with the clattering of Nate’s broom.

Windows and shelves are taken which leaves him to either put in the windows or make the desk – and with the success of the extension, he grows cocky with his decision. “I’ll take the desk.

He hopes it goes just as smoothly as the walls had gone – even if his gaze consistently lifts to seek out Nate, wherever he is.

Sunjata picks the desk and gets to work!
he wins every time i find myself inside, alone all night
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
He sees Maea's shake of the head and nods just once. The others all get a normal nod.

Darkeye is pleased with his craftsmanship and did not know that he would not have had to reinforce the shelves. These shelves would probably even survive a house collapse.
He stood with his hands on his hips and smiled. He kicked it hard once and the shelf stood rock solid.
A broad grin appeared on his face. He rubbed a finger under his nose and grinned even wider. "I think these shelves are good and sturdy, the books can be put away." He said proudly

Darkeye picked up his tools and looked at where he should put the window. He wanted to put a big window with a lot of craftsmanship in it, but he didn't have much time. That was important for another time. So he first took proper measurements and made a quick sketch of how he would do it. "It might work like this. It might get noisy for a minute," he said, and started to work on putting in the new window.

-----
Darkeye tries to put in a new window.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Things go nowhere near as well this round as the last. Maea has trouble with the shelves. In attempt to place one of the shelves in place, it refuses to stay in place. Every time she turns around to work on another, this shelf falls to the ground as if it were afraid of the nails that are supposed to hold it to the wall.

Nate fairs no better. One of the windows he attempts to replace just cracks as he secures it. These needs to be replaced again. And his efforts to snoop come up empty.

Thankfully Sunjata is on it. The desk he crafts is excellent and will do nicely in the study.

Darkeye truly needs to expand his occupation. (2 nat 20s in a row!) The windows he places in the study go in like butter.

Nikolai attempts to help Nate with the windows in the store but only manages to make it worse. The window that cracked under Nate's efforts, fully shatters. Oops.

As they reconvene, Nikolai grimaces. "Well...oops? We need to fix some of that." He gestures vaguely to their surroundings and eyes the shattered window guiltily.  

~
Not so great rolls XD. Round 3 tasks! Nikolai will hopefully help where needed.

1. Sweep up the glass and replace that window in the store.
2. Round 2 on the shelves in the study.
3.  Fresh coat of paint in the store.
4. Paint the walls in the study.  
Some lie in wait
Maea Valair

Change author:
It was a test on the kind of patience Maea didn't really possess. The first time the shelf slipped from the wall, she chalked it up to a bad job on her part and went to redo it. The second time, she gritted her teeth. The third time it thundered to the floor, she began to wonder if her last visit to a shrine had left her cursed after all, despite the seeming quiet. But what kind of curse would leave a person unable to mount shelves on a wall? Come now.

Sucking in a steadying breath against the burn that started up within, she moved with excruciating care as she started over from the beginning and redid the entire process. Shelf up. Nail in. Actually, she doubled the nails this time just to be extra sure they would stick, before moving on. Patience. Patience. She could break something later, when all of this was done.

-----------------

Maea has another go at the shelves >.>
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye seems to be on a roll today and is glad that everything is working so well today. He thanked Kor in spirit for what he had done so far, and tried to stay out of most of the conversation so as not to make the situation more difficult for Maea. However, if Nate continued to do so, he would politely tell him not to. Still, he hoped it wouldn't have to come to that.

He grabbed the paint and moved the furniture aside to cover the things that were too heavy. He made sure that if something went wrong, the furniture and the books would not be soiled.

Darkeye had a run so far let's see how good this is going.A fresh coat of paint in the store is his next move.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Construction is ostensibly something Nate should be okay at. He has the experience after all, the skill. And it's only one window that he fucks up, a reminder to pay a little more attention to the task and a little less at trying to figure out if any sign of him still lingered in what had once been Sam's home. Really, a crack isn't even that bad, and he can keep his cool, and then Nikolai comes over to help and the whole fucking pane shatters instead.

Irritation creeps across Nate's face, his grin a struggle now as they touch base once again. His shoulders roll back as he reaches out to grab Nikolai's shoulder, tugging him back towards the window. "You can get to sweepin'." The demi-god laughs sharply, then gets to work on the window, paying extra attention this time to get the second new pane in.

Nate works on the window again and drags Nikolai with him to clean up the glass
NATE