Personal Quest Books and scrolls
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// grass stains cut my bloody knees, it's goodpain, it means i can't be phased
that little death inside my sides, won't make it right //
He crafts the desk with precision that even surprises him if he’s being honest, but it sounds like his other half isn’t having quite as good of a time. A quick glance is given over toward the direction of his husband to see the beginning of their clean-up, however, and Sunjata realizes he’s lollygagged enough to completely miss out on having much of a choice of what to do.

That’s fine though, he can paint. And since he’s already here in the study, well, it seems like Darkeye has it covered for the rest of the store. He picks up the paint brush and gets to work, focusing on the first coat, trying not to get it to drip everywhere as he goes.

Sunjata paints the study!
he wins every time i find myself inside, alone all night
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
A little more luck seems to go around this time. Just a little though. Maea successfully conquers the shelves, getting that stubborn one to actually cooperate.

Darkeye however seems to have found his weakness. Painting is not his strong suit. It's not a bad job. It's just... he's chosen a horrible, horrible color.  Maybe it looked better in the paint can. But on the wall? Oh no. That has got to be replaced.

Nate and Nikolai manage to replace the shattered window. The younger Ascended reluctantly lets himself be dragged over to sweep, but he can't complain given that it's his fault. Still, the window is done.

Sunjata however has excellent color choice skills. The study comes out looking professionally painted in soothing natural tones. Very studious, very sleek.

As they come back together, Nikolai flinches at the store's walls "Ok so. Almost there. Just need a new color in the store and some final touches."  A small, scaled head pokes out of Nikolai's collar. A hanging snake friend that's been lazily asleep this entire time. The Ascended simply reaches over and scratches the reptile's head before adding, "And something for this guy."

Last round! Nikolai will help where needed.

Tasks!
1. Repaint the store walls.
2. Decorate the study. (Your choice of how!)
3. Decorate the store.  (Your choice of how!)
4.  Built a little nook/tree for Nikolai's unnamed hanging snake to relax.  
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
When Darkeye sees his work and thinks he did a good job taping it off, the grin disappears. What had he done wrong, it was the wrong paint bucket. It looks as restless as the Grounds. The grin disappears from his face and a loud."Shit" can be heard. He searches through the colors to see if there is something more cheerful to give the room more atmosphere again. He hopes that the primer, as he will call his first attempt, will help the new color look better. He makes the second attempt with the color. He could not leave it like this.

Darkeye will make a second attempt at painting.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// grass stains cut my bloody knees, it's goodpain, it means i can't be phased
that little death inside my sides, won't make it right //
He’s doing far better than he thought he’d be. The paint goes up without a hitch, the space looking quite put together much to his surprise. But it leaves him without anything else to do until Nikolai offers more suggestions.

And honestly, it’s been a while since he’s seen his husband, so he chooses to decorate the store, to slip out and press a passing kiss to his husband’s cheek and a playful wink (even if he has a little speck of paint on his jaw from his task earlier). Either way, he has something in mind as he goes around and adds little decor pieces all around, keeping an eye open for anything that was left over that may be Nate-esque.

Sunjata chooses to decorate the store!
he wins every time i find myself inside, alone all night
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Down and out, and out of luck, we're spinning but the needle's stuck
It was a battle, but one she emerged from victorious. Or at the very least with a shelf securely attached to the wall, which was practically the same thing. Backing slowly away from the shelf as if a sudden move might have it jump off the nails again, Maea turned to have a look around the shop.

Everyone seemed just about done, and with little else to do, she strolled about the room and picked out some choice volumes. The pretty ones, the very interesting ones and the strange ones, and set them out on display around the store.  

--------

Maea decorates the store! (With books)
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
// the anesthetic never set in and i'm wondering where the apathy and urgency is that i thought i phoned in
it's not so pleasant and it's not so conventional, it sure as hell ain't normal but we deal, we deal //
It's something of a blessing that the last task leftover is the one he'd been planning on choosing anyway. Creativity might not be a strong suit of his, but he's been in Caido, and the Grounds specifically, long enough to have an idea of a hanging snakes preferred style of perch.

Nate spends a moment gathering the things he thinks he might need, then another leaning into the fleeting press of his husbands lips, a smile and a quick tune pouring out of his lips as he works, trying to build something branchlike and solid in the corner, closest to the stove that warms the interior.  

Nate builds a snake perch
// can't take the kid from the fight, take the fight from the kid
sit back, relax, sit back, relapse again //
NATE
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Things end well enough. Darkeye finds a much more suitable paint color and fixes up the walls nicely. It's a soothing tone that pairs well with the atmosphere. Phew.

Sunjata seems to have missed his husband more than he realized. With how much Nate occupies his thoughts it takes quite a while for him to finish decorating. But he pulls it off and the little decor pieces he adds really brighten up the place.

Maea has terrible luck. Every book she places seems to dislike its new home for how often they just fall down. It's only when Nikolai comes over to help that they're able to get the job done.

Nate crafts a beautiful and realistic tree-like perch that will be perfect for the little snake to bask and play on. And when Nikolai puts his reptilian friend on his new throne, the snake skitters up excitedly before hanging his head down to boop Nate's nose with his own. He seems to be saying thank you, and the small grin that comes to Nikolai's face is hard to hide.

With everything done, they reconvene and Nikolai eyes the place with satisfaction. "This looks perfect. Thank you all. I owe you one. If you ever need a favor, hit me up." He sends a sharp look at Nate, "It better be a valid favor and not some bullshit, Dipshit."

~
All done! Thank you guys so much for your patience!! Sorry for closing it without offering room for final posts but I figured we all wanted this archived asap.
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows