Hotaru
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The letter arrives in a manhandled envelope, the page itself marked with the deeply scarred evidence of a dozen other letters written over top of it, previous iterations of the same words almost visible. The bottom half of the page is crumpled where half of it was torn away

Hotaru-

I know who burned the clinic now.

I’m sorry. Not for everything, but for a lot. I shouldn’t have tried to force you to accept blame, even if I thought it was the only thing that made sense. I wasn’t willing to consider someone doing something that seemed more senseless and spiteful, but as it turns out I am a target for a even more people than I thought.

I don’t expect any forgiveness, or even a response, but I wanted this to reach you before the world turns to shit. Since coming back, neat endings seem more important than ever.

-N

NATE
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Valkyrie

In contrast, Hotaru’s letter is pristine - the previous iterations discarded discreetly. But the tells are in the absence of them. Too perfectly transcribed, too controlled, as Nate has always known her to be when she is concealing herself.

Nate,

I don’t begrudge you your inability to believe me given all I had already done. My forgiveness is already yours, and I will write it here in case you find you need to see it to believe it: I forgive you. Though admittedly I am curious - who did, then? Are you safe? Or as safe as you can be, given everything.

Since coming back? Did The Voice send you on a quest? I have sat rereading this line and find I don’t understand it.

I can’t promise neat endings, but I will never forsake you a response.

Thank you. For your letter. For what you said, and what it meant.
Sincerely,
Hotaru Kaito the Valkyrie
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
This entire letter is a blur, almost smeared to the point of illegibility with the haste in which it was written

Hotaru-

I’m glad to hear I didn’t ruin things any worse than they were. I was angry, and… well, there’s not much more to say about it. Maea told me she was the one who did it recently, out of some stupid misguided jealousy? I can’t say I understand, but… I believe it.

Since coming back alive, I mean. I should have been more clear. Honestly, being dead and then not has been an adjustment for me as well! A season gone, war closer than ever, and

You don’t need to thank me for the bare minimum Ru. I should have listened earlier.

-Nate

Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Valkyrie

The ink skips and runs in multiple places, letter folded and shoved into an envelope instead of perfectly folded into thirds. It’s a mess.

Nate -

Where are you? I’m coming to you immediately.

Ru
Sincerely,
Hotaru Kaito the Valkyrie
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Of all the letters Nate has sent, this one seems to be the one that has come easiest, though that may have something to do with it's briefness, the handful of words communicating no emotion one way or the other.

Ru-

I can meet you in the Glade, as soon as you want.

-N