there's no honor in suffering
iykyk <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
// now take what i offer, straight up the nose down the throat, it's a bearable bruise on your conscious
but don't it feel good? don't you feel calmer? i am the way and the life in the best looking truth //
I feel like we’re just trading one maze for another.” He begins, mumbling toward his husband as he heads down yet another path – one he can’t tell whether it leads to the fire in the center or whether it’ll lead them back to the beginning. “And of course, more snow. Makes me miss my long hair.” His head lifts up toward the heavy cloud cover, the maze dark in comparison, shoulders slumping as he turns to look back at his husband and seek out his arm with a gloved hand.

Once he has threaded their fingers together, he tugs Nate into his side, head hovering over his shoulder as if to whisper something mischievous and secretive, when it’s really just “I hope you aren’t annoyed I’ve gone from wah it’s too hot to it’s fucking cold.” Because for Nate it had been quite sudden, the jump from Longheat to Deepfrost less than a blink of an eye for the Ascended.
i am the driver, i am the shadow, and i am the hearse
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

"Oh is that what you feel like?" Nate teases back easily, two sets of staticky hands draped out behind him like great wings, dragging along either side of the path they're tucked into. "Y'know Sunshine, I think you might be onto something there." The grin that the Lone Ranger flashes at his husband is brighter than the thin Deepfrost sun could ever hope to be.

A soft laugh leaves Nate as he leans into the hand on his arm, his grip just kissing the edge of too tight as their hands lace together. "I miss the hair too." He moans sadly, his head tipping back and his eyes closing as he sucks in a dramatic sigh. "At least I'm here t keep you warm, huh?" Nate murmurs back, turning his head so they're facing each other and simply hoping they don't run into a hedge wall. "But I could never be annoyed at you. Not really." Leaning in, he presses their lips together, slowing their steps to a gentle stop so Nate can wrap around him.

It doesn't last long, Nate pulling back just as he starts to feel the urge to summon more hands and drag them across his husbands body. The smile that's been playing at his lips since they entered the labyrinth grows wider, smug as Nate tugs Sunjata around another corner.
killed my old self
but the new me isn't much better
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
// now take what i offer, straight up the nose down the throat, it's a bearable bruise on your conscious
but don't it feel good? don't you feel calmer? i am the way and the life in the best looking truth //
A hum of a laugh leaves him, a shoulder rising and falling in a small shrug at the tease from his husband, glancing over to find that bright smile that he lingers on just a little bit longer as they continue their  trek in the snow. It crunches beneath his boots, almost too loudly if it weren’t for the way Nate’s hand grips his and the wistful complaint of missing the longer length of his hair. “It’ll grow back.” He promises, flashing a wink over toward the Lone Ranger before he feels those bright blues on him and he turns his head to catch those eyes with bright steel of his own.

Good.” It’s muffled when their lips meet, Sunjata’s eyes shuttering shut despite the lightshow he can see beneath his closed lids from where he presses against his husband’s skin – the electric little waves dancing as he slows to a stop beside his husband. His hand squeezes the Ascended’s a bit more, about to dive in further when Nate pulls away and there’s a little hint of a whine that slips from his scarred lips.

But they’re here for a reason, after all, so he stuffs his complaints back down internally, following him around the corner – connected by their hands. “I got something from Deimos to contain the fire within.” He begins to explain slightly, reaching over to his other side where the large bag sits, patting the fire pot within it. “It was like pulling teeth, but he of course got the last word.” A roll of his eyes, amusement flickering in his gaze as he tilts his head back toward his husband, the sound of the crackling fire growing louder the deeper they get.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE

Nate has no choice but to catch the whine, letting it land in the shell of his ear and rumble there. "Later." The promise is filled with heat, desire that cannot be tamped down even by his own deadened biology. They have work to do, and if they get distracted now it will never get done.

Labyrinths require a touch more actual thinking than Nate has ever really gotten used to, and this one is no exception. His preferred method for them is to simply brute force it, and if that isn't an option, then to simply outlast it, but neither of those works when they're actively looking for something. "I'm surprised he even spoke to you." The ascended glances over as Sunjata pats the pot in his bag. "Was it something about how dramatic and selfish you are?" A grin that's more teeth than mirth splits Nate's cheeks as he looks over at his husband curiously, making another turn that seems to bring them closer to the sound of crackling flames.
killed my old self
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A little hum of annoyance leaves him, even as the promise inspires a light flush to course along his neck under the scarf Nate had ensured he wears to fight against the cold. He’ll hold his husband to that promise the second they’re back home, but regardless – he’s right. There’s work to do. And besides, he’d already dropped the ball about Deimos, and if there’s an absolute cockblock of a man? It’s the Sword.

I sort of conned him into it.” There’s an amused, slanted grin shot the Ascended’s way as he’s tugged this way and that to follow the sound of the crackling fire. “No, though I was surprised it wasn’t.” But he doesn’t say what it is until they reach the fire, the light reflecting off Sunjata’s winter pale face as he moves the bag he carries to produce the pot, turning to face his husband more fully to show him what it says in the bottom of it.

An easy, carved ‘fuck you’ placed in the bottom of the fire pot. And once Sunjata’s sure Nate’s had a moment to read it, the Flood snickers. “I had a letter from Kiada that she wanted me to give him if I crossed his path. He gave me this in return for it.” Worth the trade, to be honest.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE

A warm chuckle leaves Nate as he looks into the bottom of the cauldron, his arms crossing. "Petty. I don't wanna like it, but I do." His face twists as he hears the trade that had been made though, his nose wrinkling. That's a relationship he has thoughts about, and he's not in any kind of position to be able to voice them, so they sit and fester in his head instead.

Nate sighs, keeping back while Sunjata gathers the fire. It's not that he's worried, really, it's just... wise. Keep out of reach of something that can kill you. He fills the few moments it takes with his own little task, a dagger raised to the meat of his palm. A vein of fluid is tapped, aimed into a small vial and tucked away, ready to be used later.
killed my old self
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He hums, amusement flickering across his face in little lines of the twitch of his lip, the wrinkling of his nose, the crinkle of his eyes. “Me too.” He admits, another laugh leaving him. It was ridiculous, though he supposes he shouldn’t have expected anything less from the Sword. And at the very least, it would get him what he needed out of it. So he turns back, blocking the view from where his husband stands and where he faces the crackling fire ahead of him.

He pushes the sleeves of his shirt back up to his elbow, reaching into the pack at his side, grabbing a few of the sticks he’d gathered specifically for this – breaking a few of the branches to toss into the bottom of the pit, before sticking the end of the longest one into the fire. He waits, ensuring that the flame has swallowed the end of it before he withdraws, setting it into his pot. It’s only a few more seconds before it’s caught on the branches within and he can withdraw the stick, waving it around in the cool air until the flame is mostly extinguished. After that, he works to break down the branch he’d used, adding it into the pot alongside the other bits of kindling and wood he’d brought to make sure it doesn’t go out while he completes the rest of his tasks (and the trip home, of course).

Luckily, it doesn’t take that long, and when he turns back toward Nate he flashes his husband a soft smile, holding the pot off to the side – the furthest away from the Lone Ranger – before he reaches out to tug him close, pressing a kiss to his cheek. “Lets go home, yeah?” He’d rather get out of this maze as quickly as possible, if he’s being honest, and while it takes a decent amount of time to get out it's far shorter than he'd anticipated.

- FIN <3333
SUNJATA