(o) Cold be traveler far from home
Isar Sindri
Cultist

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
ISAR
Arm yourself
A guard spat over the edge of the wall, a thick wad of nasty that froze long before it ever hit the ground. Leaning against the merlons several others kept their eyes trained on the figure that had appeared out of the dark, so bundled in furs that it was impossible to get a good read on who it was.

"No, I do not know anyone in town," came a patient response, repeating the answer a flustered gate-keeper had asked for a third time now. The voice that spoke was deep and quiet and soft as velvet, and seemed to make those below quite nervous. "No, there is none who can vouch for me. Obviously, since I do not know anyone here." A lazy amusement coiled through that smoky reply, the smile audible even though the layers of scarfs and furs wrapped around the man's face hid any evidence of one.
The gate keeper seemed to swell at the tone, but was cut off by the rise of a gloved hand before he could launch into a decision that would deny the traveler entry.
"My good man, be reasonable. If I truly meant to bring harm upon the Citadel, why would I announce my presence at the front gate? I seek only shelter and warmth." There was a long, pregnant pause during which the two men stared each other down in the bitter cold. "Please." Only the slight edge in the word made any indication that the figure was not perfectly content to remain exactly where he was.

The guards watched with bated breath as the keeper hesitated. The only alternative to granting entry would be to send the wanderer back out into the wild. And the Tundra at Deepfrost... that was a death sentence. Glances were shared among them, and someone even peered off in the opposite direction. To the Citadel itself, as if wishing for someone to come settle this before mistakes could be made.
Because no one else here will save you
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Sah

Sah had been on the training grounds when a guard at come up to him. The glare the advisor had given for the interruption had given them pause. Yet they'd explained the situation and with a sigh, Sah decided that he needed to deal with this.

He reached the entrance quickly and with a sharp look at the guard glaring at the stranger he commanded, "Open the gate." When the guard froze at the unsarcastically harsh tone, Sah narrowed his eyes and added, "Now. It's Deepfrost. Let him in and I'll handle it from there." Given that the man was genuinely shivering, waiting was just a sadistic powerplay on the guard's part.

Hurrying, the guards quickly opened the gates so that the stranger could enter the Citadel. Sah waited at the entrance for the man to do so.
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Deimos

The General was home.

Stepping out into the barracks met a flurry of notices, including one guard who’d hastened towards his side the moment his presence was known – some interloper, coming from the Tundra, in the middle of Deepfrost.

Suspicious – and following through, he immediately rallied to following after his fellow warrior, and lo and behold, there was Sah, already opening the gates.

But the stranger would get no further, not with the Sword there, not until something else was explained. “Sah,” the monolith rumbled, before turning his attention to the unfamiliar being, strapped and clothed. He made no introduction, his eyes going towards his soldiers instead, granting a quick nod of gratitude for their efforts. Why the advisor had chosen to admit a man who’d wandered in from outside the Citadel during the current season, where there were only bandits, cultists, and scarce cannibals left out there, left Deimos puzzled, but he’d simply ask here and now.

His piercing gaze segmented solely on the stranger then, as he was allowed to linger within the gates only. “How did you cross the Tundra during Deepfrost?”
you're all bronze and bite
all venom and fistfight
Isar Sindri
Cultist

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
ISAR
Arm yourself
Movement beyond the gates drew the attention of the guards on the wall. Grins and low murmurs were exchanged as a young man appeared, speaking with authority and all but reducing the gate keeper with a few words. They straightened into attentive silence however, when another figure appeared. Taller, broader; this fellow blocked the path past the gate itself, and the wanderer could go no further.

All this had been observed with great interest by the stranger, who had followed young Sah and now stood very still as glittering black eyes absorbed the city, outlined in shadow and smoke in the evening's gloom. His attention turned to the older man when a question was posed - one the guards had not thought to ask before - and inclined his head with utmost politeness.

"I almost did not," came the answer, thoughtful as if the stranger too wondered at the feat. "Desperation can drive even ordinary men to perform extraordinary feats. I have drank my cup of luck to the dregs to reach this far and I can assure you, good sir, that I will not survive another such attempt."

Undoing the covers from a hand that proved to be white and too numb to move much - darkened at the fingertips by terrible frost bite - the man removed some of the wraps from his face. Angular features stiff with cold and lanky strands of dark hair framed those void black eyes that turned from the older of the two, to Sah. Another incline of the neck had his expression soften into gratitude.

"I thank you for your generous hospitality, kind sir. I am indebted, for being permitted to step out of the cold. Even for a moment."

Straightening, the wandered addressed them both. "My name is Isar Sindri. I have come seeking refuge and a second chance at life. It would honor me greatly if I was permitted an opportunity to earn my keep. And the trust of you, gentlemen." A knowing curl of the mouth suggested he was well aware of how strange his appearance must seem.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Deimos' arrival is a welcome one and Sah nodded at the man in greeting. He could imagine Deimos' wariness given the man's tendency to air on the side of caution. But the advisor wanted answers from the stranger as well. Answers that a hypothermic person would likely be incapable of giving.

As the stranger revealed more of his face, it was clear to Sah that that would have been the case should the man had remained out in the cold for much longer. Sah turned to Isar's and gave a brief nod at his words of gratitude, "You're welcome." As Isar went on to defend his presence, the Abandoned watched Deimos.

Once he fell silent, Sah waited to hear what the General's verdict was. The advisor would of course defer to him for this decision. A fact he imagined was obvious to both Deimos and Isar.
I think there for I am,
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos

Stoic and solid, a merciless force when it came to protecting his kin, the General remained unmoved by attempts at charms, or vague terms. Even with the extraordinary feats mustered, it didn’t describe where the man had come from, or how he’d managed to survive. Just that he had – which was clear as day to any of them.

His eyes went to the frost bite. If he were a trusting individual, he might have met the stranger’s eyes and offered Zuriel’s services. But since those elements of his character were extended to people he knew, respected, and considered close, the notions of the unicorn were not obliged. He was fortunate enough to be within the gates at all.

The flicker of his gaze narrowed, dangerous, at the notions of seeking refuge. Certainly not without instilling some other parameters, which he figured Sah could agree with. There were terms and conditions to be met. Halo had seen enough in the past few years. Clearly unaffected by Isar’s tones, he persisted in his line of questioning. “Where did you come from?” And then, blunt, steadfast, and cool, the nonchalance on his reverberations, on his rumbling vocals, angled straight into the heart of the matter. “Are you a cultist, cannibal, or bandit?”
all venom and fistfight
Isar Sindri
Cultist

Change author:
ISAR
Arm yourself
Though Isar's face was lined with the strains of a long and no doubt grueling journey and he occasionally shuddered with a cold that would be bone deep, he kept his back straight. The eyes that turned from courtier to soldier remained clear and studied the two men closely, reading into every glance and gesture they made. He noted how Sah accepted the gratitude yet deferred to the older man, and how the softness in golden eyes was only a few sorrows away from matching the steel in the warrior.

A slow smile curved his mouth as the general spoke again, and the way he shifted his weight backward was akin to someone sinking deeper into a stuffed armchair, entirely comfortable and enjoying every turn of this mental sparring match.  

"From The Fangs," came the easy response to the first question. Light, unconcerned as if it was of no consequence. There was a pause. Then, as he met the gaze of the general squarely, he replied to the followed query in an amused lilt; "Yes."
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah listened to the exchange, noting how observant Isar was. The man's lax body language indicated either arrogance or stupidity to the Abandoned and he restrained from furrowing his brow. Though it could also be an attempt to seem nonthreatening, but Sah doubted it was that.

As Isar answered Deimos' questions, Sah decided it was stupidity. Though he couldn't stop the slight twitch of his lips as he confirmed, "A cultist, cannibal, and a bandit. You've been busy." Even at the quip, Sah's body language remained closed off, ready to throw the man out the door if needed. Isar might be amusing, but his declaration did not bode well for his desire to enter the Citadel.
I think there for I am,
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

The man must have thought himself clever; but the smarmy indications did nothing to help his case. The Reaper and Sword had met many of his ilk, and had never been impressed with any of them. Nor did the ensuing answer do much to aid his yearning for shelter and safety – stupefying and ridiculous. Maybe it wouldn’t have mattered; the pendant around his neck and under his furs would’ve caught a lie, and the same notions would have ensued forth. The impassivity, nonchalance, and coldblooded reticence were clear indicators on his features, protective and guarded, his own stance a proportion of shielding the world behind them.

Isar should’ve stayed in the Fangs – perhaps with his fortunate streak, he would’ve been able to portal out.

Instead, he’d face the judgement within this moment, and then be sent back the way he’d come; all for naught. “Then you will not be permitted here.” Simple and concise, with no air of compromise shared; figuring Sah would agree to the adherence. It served as a warning too, for the cultist/bandit/cannibal to take his leave now, or by force.

And thereafter, gates would close again, keeping Halo sheltered and defended.

{FIN}
all venom and fistfight