Training Grief is the mother of anger
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Sah

Sah let out a shaky breath as he waits for Cordelia to arrive. This conversation is going to be so painful. Restless he resumes his previous actions. The sandbag in front of him is smoldering and dented but it should last a bit more abuse. Lightning crackles across his knuckles as the Abandoned continues to punch the bag full force.

At this point his knuckles are surely bleeding, but Sah is too numb inside to care. How the fuck is he supposed to do this? Whenever he closes his eyes, he sees the dragon and the end of his sister. Gritting his teeth, Sah punches the bag with increased fervor. How the fuck is he supposed to tell his cousin?
I think there for I am,
But what if all I do is bleed?
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

She wasn't aware of what had happened. Somehow, despite the fact that Aino was her cousin by blood, the Attuned hadn't heard from her family. Mostly because she simply wasn't living at home anymore. They hadn't been able to reach her. They couldn't find her to tell her the news. Cordelia was never in one place long, trying desperately to keep busy, needing to be working on something at all times lest she lose her mind. Little does she know how much more necessary that's about to become.

Her boots crunch through the snow as she approaches her cousin, smiling at the sight of him, head tilting to the side as she crosses her arms over her chest. His punches are too quick, form sloppy, and she opens her mouth to tease him about it. "You're lucky that thing isn't moving otherwise you'd never get a hit with your form like that."
'Cause darling, it was good // Never looking down
And right there where we stood // Was holy ground
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

At the sound of Cordelia's voice, Sah freezes. Every muscle tenses with anxiety as he turns around to look at his cousin. The look he sends her is wrecked. Exhaustion on every plane, eyes dull but jagged. The Abandoned's fist clench and some of the blood on his busted knuckles drips down to splash against the snow. The familiar bright red on white makes bile rise in the back of his throat.

"Cordelia..." Sah croaks out, biting his lip. "I'm so sorry." His breath hitches and he can't stop the tears that fall from his eyes. "The reason I called you out here..." Swallowing harshly he manages to choke the words out. "It's Aino. She's.. gone. Dead." Sah's eyes fall to the snow, not able to look at anything but the small blood splatters. The sound of wings and bone shattering echoing in his head.
I think there for I am,
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

The smile falls away when he turns to look at her. Concern furrows her brow and her steps carry her forward, reaching for him out of necessity, automatically trying to comfort him with her touch. ”Sah? What’s-“ She barely makes it through the sentence because he simply keeps talking over her. Aino? What about Aino? The Attuned had seen her a few days ago. She’d talked about going hunting with Sah despite Cordelia’s protests. Now wasn’t the time to do so. Even without it being Deepfrost, hunting out on the tundra was risky at best.

All of this runs through her head in the seconds it takes him to get the words out. Gone. Dead. Dead. Dead.

It all comes crashing down at her. A wave of grief so crippling she forgets how to breath. The cold air was already hard to breathe, stinging her lungs and drying out her throat with each breath, but now she might as well be drowning. ”What do you mean dead?” It’s whispered. Quiet and deadly. Barely restrained words laced with venom as she looks up at him, eyes glassy and cheeks flushed, ”What the fuck do you mean dead?!” she doesn’t even realize she’s moving, seizing the front of his shirt, fists clenched tight in the fabric.

”You were supposed to keep her safe! I told her not to go!” Cordelia shoves him back with all the strength she can muster, chest heaving with sobs she refuses to let out, tears slipping down her cheeks and freezing on her lashes.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah watches numbly as his words process and the reality of the situation hits Cordelia. He sees her connect the dots and makes no move to stop her aggressive approach. "I tried to convince her not to go. But she insisted so I thought I might as well go so she wouldn't be alone." The words come out emotionlessly. They're not an excuse, just facts.

Cordelia pushes him way and although it makes something else in Sah's chest shatter, he lets her. "It was a dragon", he states though he's not even sure if she's listening to him. "I'm sorry." Fuck he had tried, but the dragon was too fast, too powerful. The Abandoned had never had a chance. In that moment, he'd felt helpless, hopeless. To an extent that he'd only ever felt when his home world was ending.

Sah stands there motionless as his cousin grieves. He wants to hug her but knows it'll be far from welcome. So instead, he waits. And braces himself, because Sah knows his cousin. And he knows grief. He'll let her take it out on him.

The Abandoned knows that although he was too weak to stop a dragon, he's strong enough to withstand whatever Cordelia needs to throw at him. And frankly? With how much guilt Sah feels for not being strong enough, he'll welcome it.
I think there for I am,
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

It wouldn’t have mattered what he said. Nothing would have changed the way her world has utterly ended. Her heart shattered and the Attuned can’t even think to do anything else except lash out. He stands before her, unwavering in the face of her anger and she hates him all the more for it. Her cousin is dead. She’s dead because she went hunting and she went hunting because of him. It steals all the rational thought from her and all she knows to do is fight.

Cordelia surges forward again, shoving him harder, needing him to fall like she needed to breathe. ”Sorry doesn’t bring her back!” Her words cut through the air, choked and broken, unable to truly comprehend what she’s feeling. The numbness will come. It always comes, but right now she feels nothing more than anger and hatred. It’s visceral and rises like bile in her throat, acidic and deadly in the way it threatens to choke her.

Another shove is sent his way and should he fall, the Attuned will follow him. Her fists coming down like hammers against his chest as she sobs.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

With the way he's braced himself, Cordelia's first shove does little against Sah except cut through his heart with the sharpest of blades. Some part of him had hoped that she wouldn't hate him, but it's clear that that isn't the case. Instead, he simply let's out a heavy sigh and repeats softly, "I'm so sorry. I tried but it wasn't enough. I wasn't enough."

The second shove and the weight of his guilt send Sah crashing down onto the snow. The flurry of strikes that Cordelia rains down on him have varying luck. The Abandoned crosses his arms in front of his face to block the worst of it, but her fists still land a few times on his shoulders and forearms. Sah has no intention of causing his cousin harm, so he simply defends himself.
I think there for I am,
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

It doesn't matter what he says. Nothing would matter. Not now. Not when she was so caught up in the pain of it all. Her emotions so overwhelming she can't think beyond lashing out at him with everything she had. Her fists continued to rain down on him from above. Each one connecting with is shoulder and arms, unable to get to his face with the way he covered it, but that didn't matter either. She didn't care where she hit him. As long as she did.

Cordelia can't see past the tears blurring her vision. The cold causing them to freeze on her cheeks as they fall, clinging to her lashes and skin, frost forming in their place. Her lungs burn and she can't breathe, but it doesn't stop her.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah grits his teeth against the rain of blows, flinching harshly when one strikes slips off his forearm to land on his solar plexus. The air leaves his lungs in a harsh gasp, and it takes him a second to recover. The Abandoned is just glad that he manages to keep his arms up, despite the blow.

Once he gets his bearings, Sah notes just how much Cordelia is gasping as well. It sends a spark of alarm through him so he
attempts to twist and grab her wrists. If he can get a grip, hopefully he can stop her long enough for her to actually breath. If she stops breathing, Sah doesn't know what he'll do. The loss of Aino is too fresh, too raw. If Cordelia passes out on him, it'll be too much.
I think there for I am,
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

She's not even sure how long she does it. How many hits she rains down on him. How many tears fall onto him and into the snow. The Attuned falling apart above him into a million pieces. Eventually, though, her fists slow. Too exhausted to keep going. She falls off of him, landing on her back as her sobs continue to shake her, eyes staring blearily up at the gray sky above her. The snow stinging her exposed skin where it lands and melts.

There is nothing left to say. Nothing left to do. Those who wander past are left to stop and stare at the Attuned as she lays in the snow, wailing her loss to the wind and the trees and the birds, uncaring of who hears her.

~FIN~