{se} bee our guest
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the difference between a garden
AND A GRAVEYARD
Silence at shrines is easy to accept for the young man, and today’s visit is no different. He knows what he is, that his race is regarded unfavorably even when his father is the herald’s demigod. Jealousy of his twin accomplished nothing, but it wouldn’t stop the boy from trying every season. As such Ludo’s Woods are as familiar as the back of his hand, and strolling along the paths that have given up trying to trick him too often, Enzo doesn’t expect anything extraordinary to come of the day. A wrongful assumption, it seems, as the woods around him begin to sound…strange.

Pausing in his stroll, Enzo cocks his head to the side, breaths going quiet and shallow as he listens. Far from the normal sound of animals and bugs, it’s more like…music? He begins to follow it, steps muted to make it easier, but growing all the more frustrated when his search yields no concentrated source. Only a spread of sounds that has him wandering about in loose arcs. “Oh come on, is this some new trick of yours?” he grumbles to the woods at large, as if they’re sentient and capable of this new level of irritating mischief.
is what you choose to put in the soil
ENZO
Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int: 0
Played by: Cith Offline
Change author:
MP: 235
my ears can hear my mouth can speak my spirit talks my soul believes
Eyes on the path ahead, Chaele’s gaze only tips upward when a new sound joins the various melodies that buzz through the woods. Tall antlers turn left and right as they peer through monocular eye holes in the stag skull strapped to their face. But before they spot him, their attention is drawn by something more interesting.

A bright red jinglebug hums between the two, a few brassy notes ascending in a cheerful refrain. The wild woman stalks toward it, perhaps seeming to hunt the boy instead-- their pace quickens in the approach, long arms reaching through the underbrush as if to pull them forward. In the final moment, their hand stretches forth to take hold of the bizarre beetle... but it clasps air instead.

With a flurrying tune, the insect escapes. Chaele’s vision shifts to reveal that Enzo is mere feet away, and their gnarled hand retreats on the fermata. “Hello,” they offer in the next beat, voice strained in an awkward chord.
Base code by Odd • Art by Krakenkatz
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
AND A GRAVEYARD
The sensation of being watched - or stalked - is far from foreign to a boy born and raised in the Greatwood, with all its wildness. Narrow shoulders don’t rise, but they go very still. A concentrated, purposeful cessation of movement that belies his rising attention to his surroundings. Whatever he is planning on doing is broken apart in the early stages of formation as he cuts his eyes over his shoulder, and sees long arms reaching for him. Enzo leaps to the side like a startled colt, leggy but graceful, only to spin towards his attacker and find only clasped hands and sudden stillness from the assailant.

Awkwardness is a chorus between them as the boy stares plainly, boring through the dark monocles of the skull on the stranger’s head to try and ascertain motive. “Um…hiya,” he repeats dumbly. Only to brighten and shake himself off the lingering adrenaline that insists a fight is to be had. “Are you a witch as well?” he asks eagerly instead, happy to claim the title himself after a childhood spent at Vervain’s side. The distance between them is eaten in quick strides, hand rising from beside his hip to offer itself to the woman. “I’m Enzo. Want some help catching one of those things?” He’d love to obtain one himself, perhaps their luck will be better combined.
ENZO
Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Witch. It is a familiar word, but not one that Chaele expected to hear in sympathy with this young man and his sudden appearance. Their first instinct is suspicion, that satisfying scratch on the itch of solitude, but it is quickly assuaged by introductions and offerings. “I am Chaele,” they reply, eyes darting in the shadows of their mask as they follow the path of another ringing jinglebug. “And I suppose I can also be called witch. Do you know of a magical or ritual use for the beetles?”

The witch has been dreading this trip northward, their first visit to the Greatwood now cursed with certain guilt. Their boots are peeling, their skirts tattered, their masked head weighed low. A lantern sways softly on the back of their pack, a faint papery percussion between the discordant chimes of Deepfrost’s musical plague. In a rope pouch at their side hangs a sizable clay pot, which attracts a protective hand as they turn their body between it and Enzo.

“In truth I am here to light a lantern and bury some ashes. Do you know this wood well?”
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
AND A GRAVEYARD
They are more standoffish than most, but given Enzo is Remi’s child - and all that entails, given the company his father keeps - the young man is far from daunted or offended. Leaning closer only to marvel at the way the shadows play beneath the mask she wears, long body a crescent shape.

“Most rituals here require larger prey instead of bugs, but I’ve never seen these types before myself. I was hoping to catch them to dissect, maybe test the qualities of their different parts.” Dimples deepen at the edges of Enzo’s smile even as restless fingers tap against his leg in harmonious rhythm to the tune of the merry little creature. They still at her revelation, as if his own frozen state would camouflage him from the emotional reality she is living in. He is not adept at comforting others, frankly, and it’s why he does not offer any shallow condolences.

“I do, I was born here. Is there a spot you have in mind? Or a type of area you’d like to find?” This, at least, he can do for her. Guide her to a place where she may spread her ashes and hang her lantern - hopefully after he departs.
ENZO
Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Change author:
The shaman indulges in a short pause, grateful for this person's help though not entirely amused by his take on rituals and the size of their components. Their gaze lifts toward the canopy with a sigh, catching sight of a nearby caroler as it buzzes lazily down toward them. Chaele's neutral expression cannot be seen, but perhaps it can be heard as they reply flatly, "I don't know.” The runic scars on their neck and shoulder, revealed as the mask rises with their gaze, wrinkle back into place as they meet Enzo’s eye. “Is there a traditional place where fey are laid?"

Perhaps it is the same beetle that Chaele had been watching before which now lowers onto a hanging branch between them. It chirps a simple little bridge as the Abandoned changes focus, immediately but carefully raising their hand toward it. With a few rasped incantations, a bit of inky magic rises from her fingertips like smoke. The dark magic wafts behind the insect and weighs in its legs. As the jingle bug’s body droops with fatigue, Chaele’s eyes flick toward Enzo in an urgent albeit silent suggestion to take the bait.
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
AND A GRAVEYARD
The scars on their figure are just as enchanting, the boy obsessed with death and witchery too young of mind to know when it is and is not appropriate to stare. But even with his inadequacies, the softening and solemnity of his face apparent in the wake of such news. “Ah, I see,” he murmurs softly, voice like a brook instead of the deeper rumbles of manhood. “Mathair would be best. Fae live such long lives that the number of their dead is rather low, and they don’t believe in caskets or anything like that. They want to have their nutrients and soul taken in by the forest without intervention or disruption.” And with Mathair returned to their proper home, surely the Fae whose ashes Chaele now possessed would wish to be returned home as well.

Before Enzo could explain further, Chaele’s movements drew his eye, their magic apparent in its use. He marvels at it openly, and when the glimpse of light refracting off quickly moving eyes strikes through the holes of the mask in clear command, the young man leaps to do so. His own hand rises - magic rising to the fore at his command, weak but growing stronger every day. The beetle’s body pulls toward his hand like a marionette on an invisible string, and with his other hand Enzo deftly retrieves a bottle to guide it into. Little body making a soft noise against the glass before the lid is shut. “Thank you, that was amazing,” he compliments sincerely, fingers eagerly clutching the new specimen, valiantly fighting down the questions he has. They are grieving, or so he assumes, and his intellectual pursuits cannot take precedence over that.
ENZO
Chaele Omriwin
Shaman

Change author:
A soft breath escapes Chaele then, a scoff cut short by a hidden smile. She tips her head toward the bug, which is already stirring again within its new cage; the shaman’s magic is not enough to kill it, and it intrigues her to find that this boy did not intend to either. A quiet note of kinship had rung in the moment their magicks touched, which pulls Chaele’s posture toward Enzo and tightens in her curious knuckles. A deep nod accepts his description--amazing--after which her palm opens like a suggestion.

“Will you take me there?”

Whatever sweet solemnity might have crescendoed in that moment hangs like an echo in the next. Chaele's tone shifts to something more casual, unspoken thoughts harmonizing with his as loftier topics are set aside. “Sacrifice is only one kind of ritual, as I am sure you know,” they offer, stepping forward in a random direction if only to be corrected.  Keen to be rid of their burden, they are equally interested in what this fellow Abandoned has to say. “Even a full haruspicy is augmented by candles and herbs and such. Perhaps you will sacrifice this beetle, or perhaps it is simply a piece of a greater intention.”
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
AND A GRAVEYARD
Fingers still tingling with the residue of a magic not his own, Enzo taps them restlessly against the jar as he watches the bug stir within, legs pressing at the sides of the vial as it attempts to determine its new whereabouts. The lighter brown of their palm turning and opening catches in the corner of his eye, and his gaze flicks there before rising to the hollows of the mask they wear, softening. “Of course. Everyone deserves to have their death rituals honored.” And it is a privilege to be included in some small way as that is accomplished. It would not be a long journey, which was regrettable as they would have to part ways earlier than Enzo would prefer, but he could speak quickly enough to ask all his questions if he tried hard enough.

Following in their wake as they strike out at random, Enzo’s long legs carry him easily back to their side and then a step beyond, wordlessly guiding the way. “I might, before I harvest it. To honor the life it’ll have given me for the sake of my studies.” And even if its wings and legs and microscopic heart have no value to the greater world, it will live on recorded in Enzo’s journal, lovingly sketched and inked and detailed long after it has perished. “Is haruspicy your preferred practice?” The gleaning of the future, fragmented and vague?

Whatever their answer, he leads them onward to the Mathair, and with a quiet and reserved smile leaves her to the burial rites. This was something he could not intrude on.

- FIN
ENZO