Beautiful Dreamer
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 9 - Strg: 34 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 40 - Luck: 36 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
The edges of the merman's eyes crinkled at the corners and he fell in behind Remi. He could approximate the motion of walking, but thanks to the dream he didn't need to mechanically master it so much as will himself forward with each step. Not all of them seemed to quite touch the ground or sink into the forest loam as they should, but he kept to his host's pace without too much gracelessness.

"We do not have waterfalls in the Arclight's Deep. There are some along the coast, but they are not easy to find." Easy to miss along the rockier coastal cliffs if one didn't know where to look, or else an upstream swim inland, often over recklessly shallow rapids that could leave an unlucky mer stranded. He had seen some from a distance, but had little personal experience of the phenomena. "Do you visit this one often?"

Not knowing what to expect, Hadama followed Remi at the pace the other man set and contented himself with looking around him in quiet wonder of the Greatwood's strangeness and beauty, and how different it was from Torchline's shoreline jungle or the kelp forests of the sea.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the lullaby

At first the question seemed to have an innocuous answer; yes, I come here often, but...not unlike the way an errant cloud can halt the progression of sunlight even after it has travelled millions and millions of miles, a memory passes overtop of the dream, darkening it briefly. Swallowing back things better left unthought of, Remi latently nods. "Yes, I do."

The waterfall is unique insofar as the pool it descends into is a crimson so bright that it almost looks painterly. "Normally I would warn you to be careful of the lichen, but here..." Remi shrugs with a smile. "Here it cannot get you the way it could were we awake." So saying he nods towards the water where the source of the crimson waves back and forth beneath.  'There is also an undine who lives back behind the waterfall in a cave. An undine...do you know what that is?" He wonders, eyebrows inching towards one another as the call of the siren-like creature begins to shiver out from behind the vast waterfall.
Maybe it's my fault for forgetting
Who I was when I was mine.
I've come to realize this one thing:
You couldn't fix what I couldn't find

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Unsure how to interpret the brief darkness, Hadama looked to Remi. He trusted his host to warn or guide them if something was amiss in the dreaming, but when the demigod appeared untroubled the merman accepted the answer and the lack of concern with equal calm.

And the view that he was led to was indeed breathtaking. The waterfall itself was magnificent, but the red water drew a concerned look from the merman, steely brows raising in silent question. Remi was already answering, however, and he relaxed at the reassurance. Venturing closer, he started to kneel (the knees bent in the right place, at least) to examine the strange lichen with its fiery hue but paused at the question and the singing - or the memory of a song? - that accompanied it.

"Undine... yes. A legend. Or a warning," he murmured, attention returning to the waterfall. "Trapped alone, surrounded by dry land. Exile, freely chosen by duty... or a curse, placed for reasons long forgotten. The details depend on the storyteller. Have you met her?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby

Watching Hadama with all the quiet curiosity of a parent witnessing their child's first interactions with something new, Remi listens with a slight tilt of his head. "I have, yes." He replies, before pausing to consider the truth of this. "Or well...I have encountered her." He clarifies with a small frown. "Do you know...it has never occurred to me to see if she required any aid leaving this place. I always assumed it was well within her power to do so, or that the Fae or the Mathair would have helped her long before I came along."

Kneeling down near Hadama, Remi reaches towards the pool where red lichen immediately spirals up his fingertips. "Funny the things you just...assume, simply because they were a certain way when you first encountered them." It wasn't funny though, it was selfish and ignorant, and the frown on the alchemist's face acknowledged as much.

the Tidebreaker

Change author:
He looked to Remi, intrigued as to the man's interactions with the Undine but Hadama listened with just as much interest to what was said instead. When the other man paused he watched the lichen's movements - predatory in another place and time, but in the dream merely friendly - and slowly lowered his hand into the water as well to experience the phenomenon alongside his host.

"Hmm," he rumbled thoughtfully, considering what was said as well as what wasn't. He let long moments of calm silence stretch between them before he looked back at Remi with a curious tilt to his head. "Is it too late to ask her now?" As the man said, if it hadn't occurred to him it might not have occurred to others. Who knew how long it had been since anyone had asked the secretive siren what she wanted?

Or perhaps the answer was simply: to be left alone.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby

"No, or at least, it is worth a try even if it is too late." In the dreaming of course the Undine would answer however he wanted her to, having never dreamt with her before. When he awoke though, he'd go (preferably with Ronin that his better half might do more of the talking), and see if there was anything that could be done for her.

But for now?

For now Remi would show the dreamer the Woods he guarded. They'd climb to the top of the Observatory where Starwhales breached and stretched their long bodies in any endless sea of stars. He'd show the mermanta the Sidhe Village, dipping down into the library before perusing some of the market stalls. Finally, they would enter into Ludo's woods so that Hadama could see for themselves the dark trees that bleed red sap when struck.

At the end of it all when finally the pair opened their eyes and Remi released Hadama's hand, it would be with parting words promising any sort of adventures the mermanta wished to have, anytime he wished to have them. "Now that we have dreamt together, I can appear in your dreams anytime and I can pull you over any distance to me while you are asleep should that ever prove useful."

Rising and stretching, the Lullaby rolls his shoulders, offering Hadama a brief wave before disappearing back into the dreaming.

~FIN