petals to soak in
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
for a time it seemed to me,
that we were starlight-touched...
failing to realize that we were starcrossed,
It had been a surprise, a shock that hit her core from the moment she spoke and it hadn’t been laced with a hum or flirtatious tone or innuendo. Like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders – and yet she still didn’t understand how she had accomplished it. She had spoken to Bastien, and after that, well, everything had changed. And yet nothing had. But she felt different in a sense that when she caught a glimpse of herself in the fading light of a window, she held a different appearance.

More radiant, more… well, everything.

Even when she stepped into a mud puddle, and her exposed skin that should have been covered with the grime of it, seemed to drip off her and leave her clean. It was incredible. So of course, the first person she had to see was Remi. To tell her she had done the task, had returned fine and even better than before. She raced there, while the sun began to set, knocking on the Alchemy shop’s door with a sense of urgency and a brilliant smile along her face. She only hoped he was home.
the stars were
never
on our side.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

Tilting his head in a decidedly avian gesture towards the door, Remi grinned to himself as he recognized the voice immediately. Given that so much of his relationship with Rexanna was tied up in what happened with Loren, it was perhaps strange that he remembered her, though remember her he did. He just ... was ignorant of several gaping holes in the story of their friendship.

"Coming!" He called, setting down an item he'd been working on and picking up a rag. There was ink staining his hands, and whjile rubbing at it didn't remove all of it, it seemed to lessen the amount he transferred from surface to surface. Not entirely however, for as he reached out for the knob, he left perfect alchemist hand-prints on it.

"Well." Remi greeted with a grin as he pulled the door back, beckoning her inside. "Someone looks radiant today."

Яemi
But now it's happily ever never. I guess now I know better
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
She could have squealed with delight when she heard Remi’s voice from behind the door. She clamped her hands together, standing outside with an excitement she couldn’t really contain. And despite the fact she had ran almost entirely here, there wasn’t a bead of sweat along her brow, nor a fleck of mud or dirt. Yet, she waited as patiently as she could for Remi to answer the door – ignoring the fact the man was covered in ink when he did indeed open the door.

He greeted her with a grin that she returned, tossing up her hands in her excitement. When he spoke, she laughed brightly before stepping inside. She took a moment to gather her thoughts, turning to Remi when she had and sucking in a deep breath. “It worked! I don’t know how, but it did and I’m fixed!” She cheered, her voice no longer holding that unintentional flirtatious tone. Now, it sounded normal, regal almost to her, as though she had forgotten what she sounded like normally and just assumed that they honey dipped purr would follow every syllable.

Gods, I could kiss someone I’m so excited.” She added, quickly, the bubble of her excitement like a cloud as it billowed out of her. She let her sapphire gaze linger on Remi for a brief moment, her smile wide and the brightest it had been in months. “I can finally talk normally again. It’s so… It’s so liberating.” She chuckled. “How long has it been?” She spoke quieter now, though excitement still rumbled through her voice. She had forgotten how long it had been, but she knew she had gone to Remi’s directly after the change.

And now things were normal for her, having not quite realized yet what else had changed.
the stars were
never
on our side.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Remi smiled with delight as if Rexanna's energy was infectious somehow. Closing the door he turned towards her, his smile wide even as a slight confusion made his nose crinkle. "Fixed?" He repeated. The bright tone of her enthusiasm sounded similar-enough to her flirtatious lilt that it wasn't immediately clear what it was she was referring to.

As she mentioned that she could kiss someone (that in itself making her previous flirtatious curse seem like it was still around), just made the alchemist chuckle as he pretended to look around, as if wondering who it was Rex might kiss. Placing a shocked hand on his chest and doing his best to looked bashful and bewildered, Remi merely laughed. "Unfortunately I seem to be the only one around." He added with a wink.

All Remi recalled was that he'd met Rexanna in the glade. He remembered nothing of the shrine and his initial curse, and only that Rexanna had gone to see Frey again after that. But the details were removed. So while Remi was pleased to hear that his friend was brought back to her original state, he wasn't entirely sure why it warranted an entire trip to see him. "How did it come about?"

Яemi
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
Her delight and jubilation seemed to halt ever so slightly from the comment Remi made. At first, she thought that maybe he had forgotten her voice had changed. It still felt weird to her, and parts of it still remained as if her vocal chords hadn’t quite gotten used to it yet. But when he looked to her, playfully bashful and mentioned he was the only one here is when her brows furrowed slightly and she awkwardly laughed. “I suppose that’s true…” She pauses, eyeing him a bit warily. “But you told me of your preference right when I arrived and tried to come onto you.” She explained, a bit confused as to why she had to explain it in the first place – and perhaps a bit ashamed at having tried to in the first place, god influence or not.

I went back to Frey because of what they did to you, and they changed my voice. You made me a pad of parchment and quills so I could talk right, remember?” She said after careful deliberation. But she approached Remi with a careful gleam in her sapphire gaze, the excitement flattened out and her voice seemed actually normal for the first time in months. She raised a pale hand to rest on Remi’s shoulder should he let her and smiled softly to him. “Is everything okay?” She questioned, tilting her head and ready to be an ear for Remi should he need it.

All of this was so strange to her, imagining that it was impossible for Remi to forget what had happened to her when it was because of him – or perhaps that Frey was right in suggesting that she wasn’t as important as she had thought she was. Either way, things weren’t right and she wasn’t sure how to go about bringing it up. So instead, she’d listen.
the stars were
never
on our side.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

The alchemist's gaze turned from playful to shocked, as he blinked with a confused sort of half-gasp. "My—" preferences? He started to say, but the words dissolved heavily on his tongue, which was perhaps for the best, because of what she had to say next. "Because of what Frey did to me?" Remi repeated, lashes fluttering as he tried to reconcile what she was saying. "I...yes, the parchment and quills. And it was because of what Frey had done to you, but what did it have to do with me?" He asked again, before shaking his head slightly with a sigh.

It was impossible to know what the reach of his lost memories would be, how many relationships it would touch. It was perhaps naive of the alchemist to think that forgetting a few men from his past wouldn't have serious ripples in his here-and-now, and nearly every conversation was proving to him just how wrong-headed that line of thinking had been.

"Ludo took...memories from me. Memories of those I knew in my past. It does not feel as though there are holes in what I know now, but there are. This...apparently is one." He added, almost apologetically.

"What I remember is that you went to see Frey and that they did this to you. But ... how was it to do with me?" Remi's cheeks flushed slightly as his mind tried to fill in the answers. There was no real reason for Rexanna to know about his preferences, unless...

Яemi
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She realized she had surprised him when he began to reiterate what she had said, but cut off abruptly. Instead, she was reminded of their awkward meeting and a pit began to form in her stomach for her friend. He didn’t remember what Frey had done, and she bit down on her lip as she nodded prepared to explain when he had asked what it had to do with him. “Oh no.” She thought, her sudden brightness and happiness shifting to a bit of anxiety as it settled within her. What had the gods done to him now?

She wanted to have him sit, but chose otherwise as he began to speak again. She nodded, in agreement and understanding, offering him a small sorrowful smile. But again before she could speak, he was mentioning that he remembered Frey doing it to her, but how it had any correlation to her was one of those missed memories. Clasping her hands together, she eyed Remi for a moment. “Well, you see, when we first met it was at Frey’s shrine. I assumed we might be able to get more answers out of Frey if we followed their advice, but we were wrong. They bound us and stole your love for a Loren which from what you told me was the man you loved but he somehow disappeared.” She paused, her sapphire gaze lingering on his face for a brief moment.

That’s how I learned of your preference, because Frey had taken it and told you that you would get it back if you found passion again. But I had thought it was my fault that it happened, so I went back to Frey to ask them to give you your feelings back.” She paused, checking him again to see if he was following her story. “But they said it wasn’t my fault, that I needed to not be so self-sacrificing, and as a halfway punishment they cursed me slightly so I could only talk flirtatiously.” She finished with a small smile. “I’m not sure how it worked, but I was talking to someone and suddenly it was just gone.” She rolled her shoulders in a shrug. “But you had asked me in the meantime to search for this Loren, which I’m sorry to say I have been unsuccessful with.” A frown found her face as she said it, and she looked away from Remi briefly, wondering to herself if it even mattered now that he didn’t remember it at all.
the stars were
never
on our side.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi's brows furrowed slightly. He'd heard the name Loren before—Vai had asked him about it and Ronin had said that the old librarian had indeed been a man that Remi had loved. One whose departure had been quite cruel. To hear now that apparently another brand of his memories had been taken with regard to this same man just seemed like overkill. "Ah.." Remi said, not wanting to interrupt. He was very keen to hear the details of what actually happened.

The alchemist tried not to bristle too much as Rexanna so easily mentioned his preferences, though in spite of everything he supposed that was basically old news by now. "Wait, so your voice this whole time...it was because of me? You were trying to help me?" Remi said, sounding shocked and surprised and perhaps a little flattered, not knowing that he and Rex had basically had this conversation once already. Pulling her into an immediate and tight hug, Remi laughed against her, shaking his head slightly before pulling back.

"No more trying to help me, especially when gods are involved." He scolded, again, not for the first time.

The mention of her having unsuccessful looked for Loren just made Remi shrug and shake his head. "Think nothing of it. Thank you for trying, but I remember even less of him now than I did before it seems. I would not even know him if you brought him to me now, so perhaps it is all for the best that you did not ever find him."

Яemi
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
As Remi spoke, he seemed almost chiding her like he had before. She laughed, a chimed bubbly sound leaving her lips as he looked shocked. She nodded in response just before he reached in and pulled her in a tight hug. Her arms wrapped around him back and she hugged him tight in response before he pulled back and spoke to her. She nodded to him again and laughed once more. “My lesson has been learned.” She offered with a small shake of her head, gesturing to her throat and her voice. “Frey helped me with that.” She winked.

But as she spoke of Loren, she breathed a bit easier as Remi spoke – even if a small sad smile crossed her lips. She understood, at least, and agreed to an extent that he wouldn’t know Loren now like he did then. “I appreciate that Remi.” She said quietly, flashing him a small grateful smile. “In the meantime, I don’t think I plan on visiting any shrines anytime soon.” She said with a quiet laugh, a hand reaching up to rest on the back of her neck with a small shrug.

She wouldn’t even know what to ask them for, what to see or do. She didn’t even know the first time she had summoned Frey let alone after. Had thought she was correct in her abilities to help a friend, when in reality she received a valuable lesson about where her friends were. “Is there anything I can do for you? A shoulder to lean on?” She asked in a more serious tone, her hand dropping as she let her sapphire gaze slip toward Remi’s own emerald ones. “I imagine it must be so hard to find out about everything.” Frowning, she looked around the shop for a brief moment.

But I have wine, and some new magic of some sort that can let me change things. I made a blanket at the Rathskeller quite soft over Longnight.” She offered with a small shrug and a smile. Rexanna was willing to help her friend with anything, especially more so now with everything that was happening to him. It had to be so hard and she wanted to be there for him in any way he’d let her.
the stars were
never
on our side.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Well if I do need one, I will certainly know where to find you. For now though...Bits and pieces have been filled in. The...ahh.." Awkwardly, Remi scratched at the nape of his neck, his gaze flickering almost bashfully. "..man I was seeing. Sam? He has ... ah, explained a bit. As has Vai. But it is not the same as remembering." He finished with a gentle shrug.

As Rexanna mentioned her new transmutation magic, Remi grinned. "Ahh is that so? Should I be worried? You are not going to set up a rival alchemy shop are you? I would rather work with you, if that was the case." He added with a boyish laugh.

Яemi
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She nods as he speaks of being filled in, but as he mentions a man he had been seeing, Rexannas brow lifts slightly. She hadn’t seen Remi much since the Masquerade – the next time at the Rathskeller briefly for Longnight. She didn’t think she was oblivious, but perhaps Remi had chosen to keep it hidden in case. Nevertheless, she nodded again and offered him a small smile. “I didn’t know you had been seeing anyone, but I understand it must be confusing.” She offered kindly. She hoped whichever man “Sam” Remi had seen would be understanding of the circumstances. She, at least, would have been. But she nodded all the same and offered him a small grin as he spoke of her transmutation magic.

A small laugh escaped her own lips and she shook her head to her friend. “Luckily for you, I’m not in the business of competition.” She offered with a playful wink, the corner of her lips raising in a slight smirk. “But if it’s no trouble I’d like to learn and help you where I can. I don’t have much going on in the means of activities as of late. Perhaps I could bring some things to you and we could… tinker I guess the word would be.” She laughed again, a bright chiming sound. But then she looked around the shop briefly for a moment before realizing how late it had gotten on her trip over.

Another day, probably. It is late and I need to ensure I get my beauty sleep.” She finally said as her eyes settled back on Remi and offered him a happy grin. She hoped he’d be able to figure it out, to have someone to talk to about what had happened. If not her, then someone that understood him more. Vervain came to mind, and she hoped the wonderful healer would be there for Remi in any way. And when Remi needed someone else to talk to, Rexanna would be there for him too.
the stars were
never
on our side.