For the promise of light
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005

Across the tundra lumbered a polar bear and above him glided a griffon. Despite the cold that wrapped around them, the sun flashing brilliantly across the sky and causing ice and snow to glitter was a clear sign of the Flowerbirth season that was upon them now. Having been unable to travel too far from the Citadel for the past season, Noah took this chance to head toward the shrine on the Sea of Glass.

Once there, the bear took a moment to survey the area. Giant shards of glass rose in the distance — a memory of the battle that took place so many months ago. The bear sighed, remembering it all like it had only been a day ago. The world changed so fast that it was almost like he could no longer grasp time itself. Everything muddled together and the days were harder and harder to differentiate. The gryphon chirped and landed beside the bear, her white head rubbing against thick white fur in a reassuring way. The bear shifted its weight then, and in a moment the man crouched where the bear had been.

Untying a parcel from the griffin’s back, Noah spoke simple words into the air, ”Vi, hear me.”

Noah Olson

When the night is cold and you feel like no-one knows
what it's like to be the only one buried in this hole
You can make it to the sunrise

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
'He hears you...'' Appearing in a gown seemingly made of beads of starlight and ice, woven into intricate lace patterns across her pale skin, the goddess fixes Vi's demigod with a quiet smile. "But the god of life is not so easily pulled away from all the things which require his attention." Seated upon a pillar of snow, Safrin wraps a shrug of white fur around her shoulders and offers Noah an apologetic smile. "Even I do not see him quite as often as I might like, so you are in good company." She adds with a light laugh.

"Is there something I could help you with?"
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

It didn't take too long for the atmosphere to change. Noah took in a sharp breath as the world around him breathed the presence of a god. "Safrin," He greeted her with her name, and surprisingly there was no disappointment in the syllables. Eira trilled her delight and trotted towards the goddess, rubbing her cheek along her calf. Though he had called upon Vi, his patron, his herald was a welcome honor. He couldn't expect the god of life to step down from his position whenever Noah needed him, especially for what he was going to ask for now.

"You can help me, if what Ronin and Deimos say about you is true. Which I believe it is." He let a smile break over his features, causing the corners of his eyes to wrinkle slightly. "Vi has called me to be a warrior against the ascended. I am not strong enough to do that on my own. I need his -- and your -- help. I need to hone the very essence of life that is so dangerous to the ascended." Light, fire, etc. etc. Everything that Vi and Safrin were diametrically opposed the Voice.

"A weapon or an ability or..." Noah trailed off some, extending his hands palm-up to the goddess, glacier eyes soft but with a determination beginning to steel the edges. "...something to cause damage."

Noah Olson

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Lowering her hands towards the griffin, headless of her venom, the goddess hums warmly under her breath as she strokes the young creature's head. Raising an eyebrow, Safrin appraises Noah for a moment wondering if the mention of Ronin and Deimos was meant to be some sort of challenge. Deciding that it was not, she too smiles and nods.

"Only Vi can give you innate power." Safrin explains, almost apologetically. Almost. It was not necessarily in her nature to admit to the extents of what she could and couldn't do, but when it came to Vi's demigod it was best to toe the line instead of leading him astray. "But a weapon is certainly something I can help you to create. Is there anything you find yourself drawn towards? Blades, or bludgening weapons? Daggers, or arrows..?"
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah nodded with understanding at Safrin's explanation. It made sense to him -- Vi being the one who imbued him with the power to begin with now was the only one to hold it and give it. "All of my life I have hunted on this tundra," Noah gestured back at the open, frozen world around them, "and I've used a bow and arrow to feed and provide and protect. It's an excellent weapon, truly, and my skills with it are solid." There was a confidence in his voice that he was careful to restrain from becoming too boastful. He didn't need to brag or hold himself a champion hunter before the goddess -- surely she already knew.

"Though, I have trained with a spear for several years now. I'm not as good at wielding it as I am arrows, I am getting better with each session." He let his eyes settled carefully on Safrin's, his expression somewhat tight as he thought out loud before her. "The only disadvantage about a spear would be proximity...unless I can somehow send a beam of damaging light from it."

Noah Olson

Change author:
Whatever the goddess thought about Noah's explanation of his skills is kept tightly concealed behind her enigmatic gaze. "It takes a strong man to be able to admit when his skills require practice." She agrees with a nod. "A beam of light you say?" The suggestion has a smile creeping onto her perfectly painted lips.

"A clever idea. You could use the spear for close range so that it wouldn't have to leave your hands, while sending out pulses of light to those farther away..." Nodding once again as the idea takes form, Safrin returns Noah's gaze. "Attune your spear to the sunlight over 5 different lands. Two must be in combat, one must be on a hunt, and the final two can be of your choosing. Bring your spear back to me and we shall see what I can do.."

Noah must use his spear in daylight in (2) training threads, (1) hunting thread, (2) regular threads (he can just have the spear out). The 5 threads must be in different lands.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Eira continued to rub her head on Safrin's leg as she spoke, a light purr rumbling from her throat. Noah nodded back at what Safrin said, and his glacier eyes kept firm on her. As she rolled over his ideas and formed her own, a wrinkling smile broke over the hunter's face.It sounded brilliant, and the tasks ahead of him seemed achievable. "Thank you, Safrin." Noah said, letting his head bow some in respect to the herald. While it had not been Vi that met him, the time had not been disappointing. Eira trilled her goodbye to the goddess as Noah stood and the pair of them headed back toward the Citadel, ready to embark on the quest before them.

FIN

Noah Olson