[RQ] the familiar walls
RQ thread place glass into frames/on pillar
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos

Step by step by step, they’d marched and moved and positioned themselves into stalwart ambitions, until finally, they neared the end. Eventuality had seemed a far off piece some months and seasons prior, but determination was a sturdier thing, and their ambitions had ensured the proportions were at their last.

The glassy veneer shown, resting against the pillar, along with the frames already hastened by their fellow citizens. His strides coincided with Noah’s as they maneuvered through streets and hallowed pockets of stone and snow, the conversation light, the notions not so dire. Not, perhaps, when the pinnacles of what’d they sought were now firmly in their grasp. “You been all right?” An inquiry to match the semblances of busy days, checking in with Sentinels who’d carry their burdens in silence – a familiar claim.

Only thereafter did he crouch down to take hold of the frames already contorted and created, waiting for Noah to do the same with the glass.
we exhume our enemy's bones
we are battling, hungry beasts
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

Noah was proud of the work that had been done by the Halovians. They were a strong and stalwart people. Determined for their cause. Ready to defend their home. Doing what they could, working endless hours, all for this defense mechanism. Soon they would need to visit Frey, and tell them that the work has been completed. But still one last task remained and it was upon Noah and Deimos to complete. The men walked in silence for quite some time, before Deimos broke it. Though it may have been light, noah didn’t have anything else on his brain. He responded as he said to work with Deimos. The sentinel grabs a glass as gently as he could. He knew that cold glass broke quite easily in these temperatures this land was harsh to everything. “I have asked Cordellia to lead with me. Or for me. I believe Vi will steal me away into this war much sooner than I would want to be involved in it. I couldn’t leave Halo without earlier. With you as her general, and one of the strongest of us, surely you will be called upon as well.”
Sun is up, hold on to what is yours
Take up your spade and break ground
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos

Forbearing and enduring, conscientious and meticulous to a fault, his gloves came gently but firmly over the frames, hooking one end in as Noah began to talk. He paused momentarily, listening to the information given with his residual silence, a second spared for clarity. The Sentinel stepping down. Cordelia stepping up. How much the other man had deigned to lead this world after all the trials and triumphs, and he let out of a slow breath as he popped another portion of the veneer into place.

The other notion was another sort of blow – that the ebb and flow of time would not be ceasing for them. “I know,” fully aware he was going to be directly involved in the war – still wary of what it meant for the rest of them. “That is why I have been trying to prepare them as best I can.” Trainings, routines, structures, defenses, and still so much more to be done. His jaw tightened slightly, but eyes remained firmly on the structures, ensuring the first frame was finished and placed down, snagging at the second. “Do you think you will be taken out of Halo?”
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

"It surely is not out of the realm of possibility." Noah said. His voice was mixed with the different emotions he felt about it. Duty and honor and loyalty, sadness and hesitation, all of it rolled into one mess of feeling trapped within his breast. The world was so much bigger than it had ever been for him, and his role so much more integrated.

This was no longer a life he lived just feeding the families, orphans, widows, and broken of Halo. Noah was a part of Caido at large.

It still felt overwhelming at times.

Lifting and working the glass with the warlord, Noah rolled his shoulders back and used his hip to help prop the glass so that Deimos could place the panes of glass within.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

One could argue that all Naturals had always been a part of Caido – no matter the influence of gods and wars, but in the way they shaped their lands and kingdoms. One did not have to be glorified to make an impact. They could do so on their own goals and merits. Even without being named as wardens or generals or demigods, would they not still be here? Pressing their hands into frames and making sure a weapon, a defensive and offensive means, was constructed for the sake of their people? A silent inquiry, perhaps, but one just the same.

The Sword didn’t have a response for the possibilities, not when they were so uncertain about how or where the damnation was going to break – just a timeline, a rough outset that it was coming. “Have you heard anything else from Vi? Or about the potential for a skyport?” That would lead them down further roads of change and alteration, as he nimbly placed the next set of frames over the glass, listening to the wood settle around the veneer.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

"I wrote to Ronin and he plans to come soon. He mentioned that we may need to seek help from the gods to be able to have skyboats that can survive Halo." Which, for the Sentinel, wasn't surprising. Not many things survived Halo -- not its people, its creatures, or inventions. Not by nature, at least. He imagined it was the reason so many abandoned had found their homes year over his lifetime -- they were able to contribute to society in a supernatural way. Now, though, the old gods blessed Halo more than ever. The efforts of those that chose to follow them paid off.

"I am visiting the shrine on the Sea of Glass tomorrow. I was going to call upon Vi." He said, finishing the task before him. The glass stuck just slightly and Noah needed to remove his gloves to take full advantage of his dexterity. When the pane finally sunk into place, Noah put his gloves on again in fear of frostbite.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

The news didn’t surprise Deimos either, though he did sigh, knowing the depths of time were no longer on their side. “Understandable,” given a majority of things in Halo were made all the more cumbersome and difficult due to the cold. “I am willing to help when the time comes,” which the Sentinel probably knew, but the Sword gave it on another rumble anyway.

He nodded at the distinction of calling for Vi along the Sea of Glass; and hopefully some more promising contributions to come. With the final pane sinking into place, the General rechecked each frame, ensuring none were coming apart, falling out of the frame, or incapable of staying. When he found naught the matter, he placed them upon the pillar for the finale, and offered a faint grin. “Looks like we are done here.” Then Frey could be summoned, and they’d have the defensive measures Halo had needed for such a long time. “Thank you for your efforts,” and he meant that in all regards, patting Noah on the shoulder, before offering to take him along for a drink.

{FIN}