there she was, like double cherry pie
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
Wessex offers her arm once again to Nikolai, inviting him to take her Anyone magic because where they’re going… he’ll definitely need it. “Same older-younger duo again?” she asks, figuring it might be the most appropriate, though the brothel workers probably wouldn’t bat an eye at a mixed gender pair coming in.

-----------------------------  

When they arrive at Mother Molly’s, the demigod using her Anyone magic to create an older man with a full, fairly unkempt beard disguise, Wessex takes a moment to offer a reminder to her younger brother. Watch out for your fangs if you decide to talk, she says simply. A much bigger part of her is curious about how he’ll handle it - no offense to Nikolai, but he’s no Neron in a whorehouse. And a smaller bigger part of her is curious if they can pull the brief infiltration off.
and from your lips she drew
the hallelujah
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
"Sounds good. Believable." Nikolai is starting to get used to the drill and he bites Wessex's wrist with only mild hesitation. He lets her magic run through him and soon a younger version of Wessex's disguise takes his place. Slightly taller, thinner as if still growing, and with a beard that although slightly shorter, still covers his mouth more or less. Once his disguise is in place, Nikolai nods at his sister, ready for their mission.

I will. Where do we start? Nikolai swallows nervously as he eyes the entrance to the brothel. Looking all the while like the unsure young man visiting a brothel for his first time, that he is. Letting out a long sigh, he gives Wessex one last nod, shuffling his feet a little. "I'm ready."

~
Nikolai is borrowing:
Magic: Anyone | Can alter surface level appearances over her whole body, such as skin, hair, and eye color. Cannot change internal structures (bones, voice, etc.)
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Where to start, indeed.

Literally, it’s by opening the door, which she does, holding it open for Nikolai to follow her in. Metaphorically, it’s a little more difficult. She imagines the Madam might know things, but then - how to get that information? Let’s post as rich, eccentric Torchline merchants. Lots of money to spend - maybe that will get us to the Madam. Eccentric, being the key word there.

As they enter, a gauzey-clothed woman approaches the two men, bearing a tray of something alcoholic and sweet. “Thank ye, darlin’” the Wraith rumbles gravelly, offering an appraising up-and-down. She smiles, giving Wessex the exact same look in return. “‘N one for me nephew, too. Y’all right, lad?”
the hallelujah
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai nods at Wessex's words before the woman shows up. When she does, the young Ascended can't help but rub the back of his neck sheepishly. He follows the Demi-god's lead and appraises the woman, trying to appear at least somewhat confident, "Ah, thank you." The slight stutter to his words clearly betrays his nerves.

At Wessex's question, Nikolai nudges her shoulder with his own as if in reproval for embarrassing him, "Yes! Of course. How could I not be..?"He eyes their surroundings with wide eyes. Although the young man is genuinely overwhelmed to some extent, he does his best to overplay his inexperience and eagerness about being here.
Some lie in wait
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Just checkin’” oldman!Wessex says with a chuckle. “His birthday was yesterday,” she whispers to the lounge attendant, far too loudly, so that all may know it’s not intended to be an actual secret. “I just want ‘im to have a good time.” She reaches into the interior of her tunic and produce a small, but hefty bag and bounces it in the palm of her hand. “‘N I can pay well.”

The young lady, to her credit, doesn’t look nearly as impressed as Wessex might have hoped. After all, a lot of people come through her, flashing money and more. But determining who gets access to whom is not part of her job description, so she smiles again and nods, knowingly. “Of course. Let me get Mother Molly for you.” And as she turns to go, her hips seem to sway with a little more of an exaggeration, letting them get a good look at what’s potentially for sale. “Make yourselves comfortable.”
the hallelujah
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai ducks down as if to hide a blush as he nudges Wessex once more, this time accompanied by a hissed whisper "Stop. They'll never take me seriously."  He then straightens up and sends an attempt at a charming grin at woman. "Thank you, Ma'am."

He follows her and Wessex to the other room where he settles into a chair somewhat stiffly. As the woman leaves, he glances her way from the corner of his eye before gulping. "Do we just wait now? I don't know how this works." The question is both a part of their act and a legitimate one as part of their mission.
Some lie in wait
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Is she taking some sort of bizarre delight in NIkolai’s awkwardness and embarrassment? Yes, yes, a little more than a little. In a good-natured way, of course. In a one day you’ll learn, kind of way, as a mischeivous elder sister. “Yer cute. The ladies love cute ‘n awkward. Beats an asshole -” And here, she pauses, making an obvious pun ‘cause really, it depends on whose asshole and what’s going on with it. “Anyday.”

As they follow the woman into a separate, more opulently decorated room, Wessex tries to nonchalantly get a good look of whatever lies beyond - people, corridors, rooms, etc. Nikolai has a logical question and the Wraith has to admit that she’s not sure. “Well… " she begins quietly, "More or less flying by the seat of our pants here. Let’s wait a bit. I’ll ask about a toilet if you think you can hold your own for a bit?” On one hand, she thinks her younger brother perfectly capable of thinking on his toes. On the other hand… he was awfully flustered a minute ago.
the hallelujah
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai huffs, looking affronted. "Sure. Sure, they do." Wessex may be a lady but the younger Ascended is certain that she's simply messing with him. After all, he'd never had any luck with the ladies before he Ascended and doubts that'll have changed. The following pun pulls him from his thoughts as he lets out a small squeak, "Hey!"

As they wait for news, Nikolai tries to calm himself. Taking deep breaths that he doesn't' need, he listens to Wessex. "Ok. Sounds like a plan." He's nervous but determined and forces a small smile. "Ladies love cute and awkward, right? I'll keep them occupied." Or at least, he'll try to.
Some lie in wait
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Yer doin’ just fine, Niko,” she confirms, dropping back into whatever accent she’s conjured up for herself in this form. And giving Nikolai a diminutive nickname in the process. Wessex isn’t one for nicknames, not usually. “Get me ten minutes or so.” She’s fast, right? Fast enough? Sneaky enough? They’ll find out.

Turning on her heels, the demigod saunters to the doorway and then turns herself into a very attractive looking woman - someone who might work at Mother Molly’s. Someone who could flit by in the hallways and make a quick round or two. Turning over one shoulder to give Nikolai a little wave, Wessex pads lightly out into the corridor and around the corner.
the hallelujah
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai twitches slightly at the sudden nickname. But at least it isn't as bad as 'NiNi', damn Nate. He gives a nod of agreement before Wessex leaves. Left to his own devices Nikolai eyes one of the women standing around. "Ah..darlin'... quick question." The woman seems uninterested with his phrasing and the young Ascended finds himself floundering to explain.

"No, no. Nothing like that! I know I have to wait for Mother Molly and all. I just... wanted some advice?" Reaching up to scratch his cheek nervously he adds, "And of course I'll pay you for that time?" The women relaxes and approaches, sitting across from him with an intimidating amount of grace.

"What is it, sir?" She still looks like she's expecting some bullshit to come from him and Nikolai gulps as he responds.

"Er.. uh...can you um.. give me some pointers on..." He stutters, playing with the thread of his jacket sleeve as he tries to get the words out. "On...pleasing erm.. a partner?"

The woman, who previously looked unamused, brightens, a teasing glint entering her eyes. "Oh honey, of course. Listen up." As the women begins a very informative lecture, Nikolai hopes that this will buy Wessex the time that she needs. Part of him wishes he'd brought a pen and paper though. The woman talks fast.

When Wessex eventually returns empty handed, she'll find Nikolai sitting on a couch whilte taking notes furiously. Multiple employees surrounding him as they throw out various pieces of advice amidst anecdotes. As they leave, the younger Ascended even gets a few kisses on the cheek, much to his shock. Shame he won't be able to return.

-{FIN}
Some lie in wait