stories of spring
open thread for snagging sentient vines
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
MELITA
Melita wondered if it was his god at all; from beyond barriers and worlds and Voice outlets, but she didn’t voice it. Perhaps Darkeye, like so many Outlanders before them, needed the notions that there was still a life out there, beyond Caido – and not layers trapped in on themselves. She nodded, offering that same mild smile in the corners of her mouth. “You’ll experience more and more. And she can help you, and vice versa.” Fangorn was certainly an example of survival for both Honeybee and gourd.

At least Darkeye’s experiences and insights with landsharks had led him to logical forefronts. “It was certainly helpful. I’m not sure what we would’ve had to do without it.” And towards the end was getting riskier and riskier. On an afterthought, instead of intertwining the vine around her hands, the youth placed it within her bag for safekeeping, and eventual quest returns.
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye didn't know about the thoughts and he was aware that the chance that it could be so was small. But it was also a thought that gave him courage. So far he had worked hard for Kor and had not only made friends. But for him, an oath was still an oath. It was valid for him also in this world.He stroked the cat's head again and a loud purr could be heard. Which brought a grin from the old dwarf.

He showed a similar smile as the honeybee before."There was a lot of luck involved. I didn't feel like I was of much help. But that will be better next time. I have made preparations in this regard," and he pointed to his new axes."That's why I have to learn how to use them and I'll go to Frey again soon, I hope she can help me with the tooth. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet." Maybe she had some good advice again.
— the smartest do
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MELITA
Her eyes went to the axes again, much more appealing now that they weren’t being flung in her, or her companion’s, direction. “Oh? Did you get them made by Frey?” Her own weaponry had been christened by Fae, Ludo, and Remi mostly, and Melita naturally presumed the Nature aspects coincided with Darkeye’s antics. He didn’t seem like he’d appeal to the other side.

As for the tooth, the Honeybee’s sat in her bag, preoccupied with her well-established weaponry, rather than the piece of ivory. “I’m not sure either. I wondered if it would be suitable armor?” Especially given its lighter weight – and considering she rarely used (any) protection.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye shook his head. "Not yet but I colored them with my people's runes and it had a different effect than I thought. I don't think it would work again either. But I would like to ask her if she can improve my weapons with the tooth. I already got a task from her for my new spear. She is the one who stands for neutrality and nature balance. She is the closest to the idea of Kor of all the heralds. I have talked to Voice and heard about many gods things, but I will also ask Ludo and Safrin."he said frankly as always.

He looked at the honeybee and considered."Armor is a good thought but do you really need it? I don't want to ruin your idea, but with your bow you should be able to stand outside of an attack, right? Of course, if you have to go into close combat, it would be better if you had one." Mahariel dewed a little more and smelled the leg of the honeybee and then sewed Fangorn. She was nervous but the curiosity was bigger.
— the smartest do
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Melita’s brow furrowed – not out of anger or frustration, but genuine curiosity and bewilderment. “How did it affect them?” She’d never heard of hues reflecting more damage or better defenses, but she was nosey enough to wonder if it were at all possible. And while he didn’t need to lecture her on what Frey stood for – she was well aware – the pronoun use was still a little baffling.

The notions about armor caused her to shrug her shoulders. She hadn’t needed it before, but with war coming…”Just thought it might be helpful.” Her eyes went to the panther, watching it carefully, not making any sudden movements or noises, uncertain how to progress. It didn’t seem dangerous, but that could account for a large amount of animals here.

So Fangorn waved his vines, far more empathetic.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"In my world, there are runes that can stand for all kinds of things, and when they are put in the right order and shape, they have an additional effect. Like fire damage, for example. But it is not magic, it is an old forging technique of my people. I tried it many times here and it was the first time I succeeded. Coincidence I suppose." He really didn't know whether it was the shark's blood or his blood or whether he had put his whole heart into the work. There were too many things, maybe it was just under a good star.

"Maybe I'll come up to you and you can show me how to use the bow. I want Frey to maybe improve the axes for me. We will see how it works. But of course, armor makes sense for the time to come. I just hope some of the people I've grown fond of survive the war. The problem is I have friends on many sides now." He smiled and gave Mahariel a nod of encouragement and she walked closer to the honeybee and stiffened along her feet towards the gourd towards Fangorn.
— the smartest do
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
That kind of forging technique sounded like magic to Melita, but she wouldn’t argue the point, too ignorant and uncertain. Still intriguing and neat, regardless of how it had come to work. “Maybe you’ll be able to do that for all of your weapons now.” With a shrug and a light grin, the Honeybee might’ve stated something else, but the subject altered and changed rapidly.

War and survival. Friends on both sides. She had family on either, reluctant end too, and her fingers instinctually closed, nails tapering into her palm. And while Fangorn offered some consolation pats to the panther, the Honeybee’s eyes watched it cautiously, as a predator might survey another, suddenly longing to leave. “I can show you another time, if you’d like. I want to get these vines to Ludo soon, though.” Another grin immersed, not quite catching her eyes. “And same. I hope we all find a way to survive this.”
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
He shook his head. "I've already tried it it doesn't seem to work, unfortunately. I have tried everything I just can't get it to work again. I don't know how or what I did differently. But it is not to be. Maybe I ask next time for a hammer that is capable of something like this. Then I'll become the blacksmith of the gods - that wouldn't be bad either," he said laughing, unsure if he was serious or not.

"Should we not meet again it has been my pleasure to make your acquaintance. Be careful. You are one of the good ones. Also you Fangron as well as you Sila take good care of the lady here." He bowed and Mahariel once again walked along Fangorn and purred very loudly and she did the same to Melita. Then she jumped into the tree and disappeared into the canopy. Darkeye bowed again and threw one of the axes and he too disappeared from sight.

Fin
— the smartest do