trouble finds you
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Age: 22 | Height: 5’11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
are you telling this story or am I?
Glancing up as Sunjata goes blurring past her, the fox in her wants to bolt at first as he begins to grow and change, but once it becomes clear that he's not going to turn into anything large and toothy, she soon picks up the pace again. Oh, a pegasus! she chimes, sounding appropriately bedazzled even as she races ahead to try and get to the side of the riverbank, almost able to taste it by now.

Alright, that one is very pretty, she agrees. That's a proper Frey demigod shift, I think. You should lead with that one, instead of the parrot. As if Sunjata would have been able to perch comfortably in the swamp trees as a pegasus, though she thinks he could if he tried.

Before long, a ribbon of water appears up ahead, and Fiadh yips her excitement. Dashing forward, she leaps skyward and shifts on the way, large, ruddy wings replacing her fur as she trades in a fox for a red kite. Follow me, it's not far now!
Fiadh
Raccoon | Red Fox | Red Kite | Boomslang | Otter | Harpy
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
fire in the ground between my teeth, we're dancing on the poison in their graves
at the end of the night, we'd all seen better days
A nicker of a snort is heard as the Pegasus shakes his head. I figured tar in hooves was worse than not even touching the ground. Because he knows he’d fail at trying to perch in the trees as a Pegasus, and ever since his wing was broken he hasn’t been able to keep up with the usual flight patterns he had before. But that’s neither here nor there, and luckily for him the feathers hide any scar tissue that might be visible as he tucks his wings in.

Soon enough though, the water is found and Fiadh changes from fox to bird before his eyes, and he does have to spread his wings to take to the sky to follow after her. She had promised it wasn’t far and the pegasus believes her as he chases after the smaller bird, a large splotch of blue that follows the red blur as they get closer to her boat of wares.
i know you tried, i know you're cursed, i know your best was still your worst
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Age: 22 | Height: 5’11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Broken wing or not, Sunjata's size means that he won't have to try very hard to keep up with her, and Fiadh soars and glides through the air above the ribbon of blue, following it up and away from the deepest parts of the swamp. It's not too long before she lets out a cry of excitement, her keen sight spotting the speck on the riverbank up ahead. Here we are! she trills to the Flood, falling into a swift dive.

Her boat is a bit worse for wear, it's true, and it's eclectically draped in fabrics, silks, glittering beads and an assorted mismatch of other trinkets. Landing elegantly and finally shifting back to herself, Fiadh offers a roguish bow to Sunjata before tossing her red hair back. "Welcome aboard," she announces. "You can probably follow the Stonesong out to sea from here, or back towards the Greatwood."
Fiadh
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
so, collect your scars and wear 'em well
your blood's as good an ink as any
His own vision as a Pegasus is nothing in comparison to the hawk as they dive through the air and the currents, letting it pull and tug on their feathers and his much heavier, larger body. So as her excitement vibrates down the bond, he believes her as he dives toward it himself, diving down after the hawk and doing his best for a soft landing as he shifts back into himself where his boots hit the ground with a thud against the wood.

Steel eyes take in the wares around the boat, drifting to Fiadh with the bow before she announces her welcome. A soft snort leaves him as he scans it and returns his attention back to the wares around, taking a few steps of interest as he tries to determine what everything here is. “So, what exactly do you sell?
go scratch your name into the clouds
and pull them all... d o w n
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Change author:
"What don't I sell?" Fiadh grins, never remaining still as she hops about the little boat to prepare it to start drifting back towards the Greatwood - she's had quite enough of her little jaunt out here in the swamp for one day, thank you very much. "But since I already did somethin' for you, how about you take this off my hands?"

This happens to be a sock puppet, badly stitched and dyed to look like a fox, but Fiadh presents it to Sunjata as though it's some expensive treasure that he ought to cherish forever. "Unless you wanna haggle," she adds, raising her eyebrows in a way which suggests Sunjata will not want to haggle. Probably.
Fiadh
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Fair point.” Sunjata rumbles with a huff of a laugh, still glancing around the boat with a fair amount of surprise at all the things around here. The mention of taking this off of her hands has his steel gaze returning to her, scanning the item curiously for a moment before he actually barks a laugh, gaze rising to her face as he squints. “What’s it do?” Because obviously it has to do something.

And if it doesn’t he thinks it’ll be fairly amusing to see her use it as just a plain sock puppet. Regardless, he could find a use for it whether or not it had any sort of other property to it, without the haggling included.
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Change author:
"What does it do?" Fiadh barks incredulously, pulling on the sock puppet with an exaggerated huff. "What does it do?" she repeats, absolutely not sounding like someone trying to make up what the puppet does on the fly. Once it's snug on her hand, she raises it up as if it's a very noble companion to their boat.

"This," she informs Sunjata, "contains a mighty fox spirit, the sionnach. It will make the bearer of this puppet wily an' cunnin' an' ever so seductive to all they encounter. But you gotta speak through the puppet for it to work." Indeed, as she talks she's moving her hand so the fox's mouth opens in sync with her words.

There, Sunjata. Do you not see how wily and cunning she looks already?

"On second thought," she drawls, "maybe this is too good for you to take off my hands."
Fiadh
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He doesn’t expect her to be so fervent about what the sock puppet does – given that he’s still about ninety percent sure it does fuck all, but it’s still amusing to watch her go off about it regardless. “The sionnach huh?” He asks, his accent absolutely butchering the word – letting it fall from his mouth in such a foreign strange way that he can’t help but to recover.

What comes after, though, has an actual bark of laughter leaving him, Sunjata posing his best charming grin and raised brow her way. “I’m not sure if it’ll be of good use on a Frey demigod, but alas…” He trails off to step closer to her, hand extended. “I’ll gladly take it off your hands.” Literally.
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Change author:
"No, no. The sionnach," Fiadh corrects, as though Sunjata has decided to butcher the name of the fox puppet on purpose. And when he laughs she's about to give him a piece of her mind, copper brows furrowed. Especially when he strikes such a silly pose. Sure, Sunjata might smell pretty nice (what wasn't to love about cinnamon rolls?) but that doesn't mean he's remotely Fiadh's type.

"Don't quit your day job," she drawls, "you might need it more'n you think." So saying, she does indeed surrender the puppet to his waiting hands, offering him a little bow for his trouble as if to say that concludes their business. "Well, you're welcome to sit an' enjoy the Stonesong if you're goin' my way, but I gotta start back for the Greatwood," she informs him, beginning to rattle about to get her tugboat off and away.
Fiadh
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She corrects him but he certainly can’t figure out the way to pronounce it. He doesn’t try too much more either, though, in fairness. But when she drawls and doesn’t believe his comment about being a Frey Demigod, he can’t help but to let another huff of a laugh leave him as he tucks away the sock puppet.

But then she begins to flit around the boat and mentions heading back to the Greatwood and for a split second there’s almost a wince that crosses his face as he shakes his head. “Unfortunately, the Greatwood isn’t on my list of places to visit. Thanks, though, for the sock puppet and leading me out of the tar nightmare.” He dips his chin toward her a bit, before he decides to shift into his macaw shift once more, to take to the skies far enough that shifting into the dragon wouldn’t damage anything of her boat, before he heads back off in the direction of the Grounds.

- FIN <333