{se} in the ashes of Eden
Open!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
evie
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
The seeds from the festival had been her first priority upon arriving back in Halo. While the greenhouse was the best assumed location, Evie had other plans. Her shop was slowly taking form, and though she had no official greenhouse of her own, she had insulated a small version in a stand alone next to the shop she was building. It had once been an outbuilding of some sort, and she’d installed further windows into the framework better insulated it to turn it into a smaller version of the city’s primary garden.

Through the windows and the open archway of the door she is a striking figure with her fiery hair, hands buried in the soil of her planter boxes as they so often find themselves. With a little magical encouragement she prompts the seeds to split and grow roots, establishing them in the soil to give them a better chance at life. Though with the environment she’d built, and Evie’s own expert care and magical skills, it would be hard pressed to find an excuse not to grow.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
Melita didn’t often wander into Halo – but with little change amongst the climate of Torchline, and no information as to why this was going on, the youth figured she’d make do, and meander in that direction for some adequate supplies – like a nice ursur-lined coat. If her homeland returned to normal, she could still tuck it away for safekeeping, just in case. She had enough goods to work with, a plethora of seeds in her pocket to haggle, perhaps, and a detour planned along the Climb thereafter if need be. So Fangorn, Sila, and herself wove their way through the village’s quarters, sticking close to braziers and trying not to wrinkle her nose at the way the cold stuck to her face.

What she didn’t expect, as she wandered close to shop windows and kiosks, was to recognize another. But there was Evie, doing something with plants! Knocking on the window (and probably jumping the familiar landshark rider – oops), she gave a less than subtle wave.
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
evie
Jump she certainly does, soil peppering her wrists as she jerks and spins her head to the window, the sound of glass being knocked on unmistakable. It’s like a warped reflection at first, seeing the other redhead on the other side of the panes. Few in Caido seem to have the level of brilliance to their hair that the two of them do. Either way, as her heart settles swiftly - well-practiced in de-escalation after a lifetime in Caido - Evie grins broadly and pulls her hands back from the soil, dusting them off on a surface level as she turns to the open doorway so her voice can carry. “Melita! Come in!” Gesturing at the same time in clear indication of the girl’s welcome.

She maneuvers towards the doorway assuming the Honeybee will meet her there, dodging planter boxes and bags of soil. “You’re a long way from home. Everything alright?” It’s almost a common greeting with how it seems necessary to ask these days, but better safe than sorry.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
There was a beckoning between glass before Melita, and her companions, were a flurry of movement and motion. Out the door and then in like a crimson flash, her large smile remained even as her eyes beelined to the closest hearth. “Hello! Yes, sorry!” Her nose wrinkled, and her body permitted another brief shudder, before ensuring Fangorn and Sila were tucked within her sights as well – neither sauntering very far in the obvious unfamiliarity of the residence.

“Everything’s fine!” She started, glancing around, nosey and making no inclination to hide it. “Torchline feels like…winter now, so I thought I’d grab a good coat from a land that knew how to make them." A shrug persisted, but it was the truth. “Is this your shop?”
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
evie
The exuberance is plain even in the young woman’s apology, and Evie grins, happy to be battered with her presence; not unlike a playful, forceful gale. The Evergreen’s bright eyes follow the path of both companions, plainly curious of their existence- particularly the vampire gourd. But she’d seen stranger things in her life, and Melita was known enough to at least have had an inkling of the strange companion she kept.

The girl’s shrewd, inquisitive gaze is more than welcome in the half-assembled mini greenhouse, the Evergreen proud of her efforts. And admittedly undeniably pleased that even at first glance, the purpose of the building is clear. “I’d heard the weather there was being strange, any ideas on why yet?” Gossip was the lifeblood of Caido, and Evie always had her fingers on its pulse. Smiling, Evie leans against one of the wooden plant stands, gesturing loosely with her free hand. “It will be soon! This is the growing area, the shop itself is right next door. I’m planting the seeds from the festival here instead of the city greenhouse just in case it’s something unsavory.” Though her lips twitch with amusement over the unfortunate need to be so cautious, it’s something that can’t be ignored or sidelined.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
She openly stared within the surroundings – reminded, perhaps, fondly and warmly, of a time where her mother’s herbs immersed within the threshold of their little house. Drying, hanging from the rafters and wooden beams, a gentle tone reciting names and phrases Melita could no longer remember; but the melodies remained. Unfurling a breath she didn’t realize she’d been holding, the illustrious scent of soil, loam, and plantlife wove its way into her nares, and the depths of her smile clung to the corners of her mouth, even when the topic altered slightly. “I guess Maeve found out someone built a shrine to Eirachi there.” Ronin had theorized, but the Honeybee still didn’t have the right accord, more just affirmation than anything else. “I’d like to blow it up,” she added, for sentiments.

Walking in a little further, and following the outlines the Evergreen made, she nodded along at the extensions of the growing area. “Unsavory? Like poisonous stuff or something?” She wouldn’t put it past anyone to just leave toxic shit right there on the table for someone to snag and pilfer off with, so she just left it at a snort.

Rummaging through her pockets, she produced a handful of seeds into her palm, lifting it so Evie might have a look. “I grabbed these from the festival. Do you know what they are?”
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
evie
Were she aware of the sentiment and memories that met the youth, Evie would have undeniably been touched. This shop is her own haven, just as much as the apothecary in the Grounds had been, and sharing that feeling of belonging and peace is something she can only earnestly strive for. It’s merely another form of healing, and that has always been the compass that guides her.

Brows rise in blatant, abject surprise at the answer to a lingering curiosity she hadn’t anticipated having satisfied. “Wow, that’s…not the answer I expected, honestly.” Questions abound immediately in the aftermath of the revelation; who built it? Why? Was it intentional, or were they unaware of the environmental consequences of building the shrine? It seems a course of action has already been decided, but all she can think about is Amalia’s injury in the wake of the temple’s destruction, and she worries at her bottom lip with her teeth. “Be careful if you do. I’ve seen those things come down, they take out a lot with them.” She doesn’t want to come off as a mother hen, Evie can enjoy destruction as much as the next rabble-rouser, but the urge to protect and prevent harm is deeply ingrained in her being.

Taking the change in topic gracefully, Evie turns to watch Melita on her inquisitive journey throughout the shop, smile small and warm. “I don’t put anything past strange hosts and ominous events in Caido. Poisonous, magical, ridiculous - whatever they end up being, I’d rather they grow in experienced hands.” Hers, to be exact. Hands that rise in unison to cup together beneath Melita’s in silent gesture for the girl to tip the seeds into her own palms. “They look like some sort of bean seed at first glance. We can plant them here and I can accelerate their growth to see what they are immediately if you’re curious?” She can’t bring herself to say the word magic, even if it’s implied, but the offer is there regardless.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Melita didn’t have the rhyme or reason – other than notions behind goddesses, especially seasonal ones, that craved more power. More worship. More devotees. Perhaps someone had been in the midst of Torchline and decided to plague the warm beaches and the sunlit paradise with cold for spite, the sake of it, or something else she’d yet to figure out. Especially with not knowing who’d constructed it, or the location. “I will be,” was a falsehood, and they probably both knew it – the Honeybee more prone to setting off after monsters with no rhyme or reason, as Evie had clearly demonstrated and seen in her own stead.

While Sila peeked through the curtain of wild hair, the youth waited for Evie’s perusal and inspection of the seeds, nodding along with some degree of notions and understanding of Caido’s vast, and stupefying, events. Tipping the seeds into the healer’s hands, she restlessly waited the result – figuring, somehow, by some manner, that the other woman would know what they were by first glance.

A light breath unfurled, probably relief, that she hadn’t selected anything poisonous or toxic. And the offer thereafter was a wondrous thing, leaving the smuggler ebullient and excited all over again. “Oooh, that’d be awesome!” She immediately snagged at a stool, propping herself upwards to watch.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
evie
It’s a lie they both shamelessly pretend to believe in, but Evie’s small smile is relieved, grateful for the act if nothing else. At least it means Melita respects the Evergreen’s worry enough to cater to it, even if it won’t divert her from her path. Not that Evie had expected it to. They’d both leapt into that landshark hunt, it would be hypocritical of her to try and convince the Honeybee to retreat from a battle that was yet to be waged.

The young woman’s immediate excitement is contagious, and Evie laughs as she turns to the empty planters box on the table she’d been leaning against, encouraging Melita - and her newly snagged seat - closer to witness the events up close. “So first we encourage them to grow their shoots,” she begins, taking on a cadence not unlike a patient teacher in a classroom. The seeds do exactly that in her palms, little shoots of greenery winding their way out of the seeds, tiny leaves beginning to stem. “Then we plant them, so they can take the nutrients from the soil in exchange for growth, so it’s not as magically exhausting.” This time the word rolls free without a wince or hitch of breath, hesitation all but eradicated in the face of mentorship and education. Experienced hands dig small holes evenly spaced out along the box, where the seeds are then planted and covered, leaving only the greenery exposed. “And now we grow them!” With her palms pressed to the soil she commands them to do exactly that. Half of them spiderweb out horizontally in intricate patterns of green, while the other half shoot upwards eagerly. Pods form soon after, ripening before their eyes, and Evie laughs slightly as their growth completes and she takes her hands away. “These ones here are winter peas, which makes sense why they were at the festival given the season. They’re used for ground cover and are great for high yielding crops. And these taller ones here are fava beans. Same family, but very different result.” Plucking the pods from both, she hands them to Melita with a smile. “Both very edible. Try them!”
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Melita could sense a lesson incoming, but didn’t mind, sent right back to her mother’s kitchen. Humming a little under her breath, she watched – enamored, with the process of magic courting and unfurling the seeds into their shoots, leaves, and the necessary exchanges. Her family might have loved these aspects too – to have been able to grow their own herbs and flora simply with incantations, tending, mending, and soothing the rest of the world before it fell to pieces. Her features became traces of awe, eyes widening and taking everything in, watching as hands dug into soil, placing the little sprouts within their new residence. “That’s so cool,” she whispered, Sila staring out over her shoulder, Fangorn waving his vines, wanting to see too. Within a moment she’d crouched off the stool to snag him into her lap, and all three could bear witness.

Pods bloomed, winter peas existed, and then fava beans. Greedily and eagerly taking the pods proffered, the youth placed them in her mouth, content with the flavor. “Nice!” Then she paused, sighing a little. “Could they survive in Torchline, right now, given the cold?”
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
evie
Melita’s awe is a warmth that spreads in Evie’s chest like the vines and roots of the plants beneath her hands. This was what magic was meant to be. Helping patch the places where elbow grease alone could not achieve the necessary end result. Feeding the hungry, healing the sick. It was beauty and creation and wonder. Capable of terrible things, yes, but it was an instrument like any other. Morally neutral. And watching Melita’s expression, the Evergreen feels that learned hatred uproot and slip a little further away.

Offering pods to the shy dragon and exuberant plant alike (assuming Fangorn would just eagerly smash them around if taken at all) Evie smiles beatifically and leans her forearms on the box. “You’re in great luck actually, both of these are incredibly frost resistant. You can absolutely plant them as soon as you get home - just make sure the soil isn’t too sandy.” Standing straight again, the Evergreen meanders over to her scattered supplies to secure a few burlap squares, transitioning each plant’s roots into them and tying them into little soil balls. “Just cut the fabric when you’re ready to plant them.” The plants are arranged into a box, which is then presented to the Honeybee with a smile. “I put some medicinal salve and painkillers in there too. Please take them with you if you’re going to destroy the shrine.” It would award Evie peace of mind if nothing else, knowing she had tried her best.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
The dragon and gourd munched respectively, quietly gnawing away while Melita was handed over sets of items, including the plants themselves, burlap squares, all neatly arranged in a box, along with painkillers and salve, because Evie probably knew better. “Thank you so much,” she beamed and breathed, looking down at all the wares and trying desperately not to feel the hot surge of tears behind her eyes (her family would’ve loved all of this). “I’ll leave you be now! I hope your store is successful!” With that, she launched from the stool, permitting Fangorn to help open the door with his vines, sniffling away something.

Before turning back as they slid out the aperture. “I’m still going to get you to teach me how to ride a landshark someday though!” And with a wink, the young ember was gone, strolling down the street, laden with goodies, intending to snag some more before she returned home – quiet and content.

{FIN <3}