Always asking why
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lily
sing me a song of a lass that is gone
“Safrin,” Lily begins, as she kneels in a rather dogmatic way before the Temple’s shrine. “or whomever. I’m not sure who I should address.” Even though Lily has followed Safrin’s stars, lived in her ‘Church,’ she cannot boast knowledge of the deity. Even though she’s been heavily under Frey’s thrall, she did not know it was him. And Ludo? Ludo’s name has never wafted through her ears.

She makes a face at her own words. “Not even sure how to address you. Singular. Plural? Three in one?” Like the ‘blessed Trinity’ but without so much moral restriction and self-flagellation? She laughs quietly at the thought, but then catches herself and tries to remain… respectful? Solemn? Dignified? Yes, dignified, as if she is worthy of a visit. Turning the laugh into a clearing of her throat, Lily’s hands begin to fidget with her clothing ever so unconsciously.

“I was hoping you might be able to clear some things up for me,” she continues, trying to get to the point. “Regarding your Church. I am not sure -” She catches herself again, and tries to phrase it correctly. “I am not sure what you stand for.” Really, Lily doesn’t even know what she stands for. Is she meant to pick someone to worship? How can there even be Gods if LongNight happenss? Shouldn’t they protect them from that sort of thing?

So you see, she has a fair amount of questions. But she'll start with this one.

merry of soul, she sailed on a day
over the sea to Skye

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:

Darkness descended elegantly in the temple, leaving only the soft glow of the candles to illuminate the room. But the darkness was not to last, for a kaleidoscope of stars suddenly echoed across the ceiling as if there was a galactic shower taking place within the high-ceilinged room (minus the heat and noise, of course). In the wake of the stars Safrin appeared, glowingly softly with a cosmic radiance as she smiled warmly down upon Lily.

"Singular, if you don't mind." She said with a silvery and metallic sort of laugh. "I am not my counterparts. We are...part of a whole in a way, but perhaps not in the way you are thinking of it." The goddess added with a small shrug.

At the mention of the church, Safrin's delicate and beautiful features hardened for a moment as she considered, her perfectly painted lips twitching as she took a breath. "Ah. Do you mean the church as Bastien originally started it...or what he intends to make it into now?" She asked, the disdain clear in her bell-like tone. Even so, the hollowness seemed directed at the subject of their conversation, and not at Lily herself.

Safrin
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Lily
The redhead’s eyes shine in the wake of the star-show, still as easily delighted by spectacle and show(wo)manship as when she was a child. Under Safrin’s beautiful and warmly benevolent gaze, she becomes a little more bashful, nodding at the explanation. Ok, so not like the Christian trinity. Got it. And quite honestly, she’s relieved. None of that nonsense here, please and thank you. Aaaand…. So far so good, until she notes the flickers of displeasure across the Goddess’s face at the mention of Bastien. And then… then Lily sort of tumbles down the rabbit hole, disdain and the unfortunate truth ringing in her ears.

“What he… intends to make it… now?” she asks with a very puzzled expression. Her mind races as she tries to follow the implications of that statement. It seems to her that a Goddess would, perhaps, be more trustworthy, particularly the Goddess of the church she’s asking about. She would know what’s going on. Hopefully. And Bastien had seemed to mixed up about things… is it possible that the events of LongNight weren’t real?

But then who is Jedediah?

Lily shakes her head as if to clear away the muddled thoughts. Slowly, so as not to presume or make stupid assumptions, she turns down a side road entirely. “I’m sorry, I don’t quite understand. Is Bastien not dead? Or is there something about his intentions post-brothel that we aren’t aware of?” She should pause and wait for an answer, but presses onward. “I don’t care about the Church itself, really… it’s more that I’d like to know about you.

Likes, dislikes, long walks in the cosmos, red wine or white?

All jokes aside, Lily’s inquiry is a genuine one. She had her doubts about the church from the first orgy, despite being an eager participant. Not because it wasn’t possible for Safrin to endorse and encourage such an activity, but becuase it’d seemed more about… Bastien’s own pleasure and perception than anything else.

over the sea to Skye

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

"There were the beginnings of ... redecoration, you might say." The goddess replied with a gentle hum of disapproval. "Perhaps it is for the best. It will certainly align more with Bastien's own personal ideals than anything to do with me."

"Dead?" Safrin repeats with an immediate and amused bubble of laughter. She pauses though, considering. Not one who likes to be wrong, she takes a moment to properly consider. The 'high priest' may not wear her pendant anymore, but that does not mean he is invisible to her. No, she can sense him clearly, in the body she has placed him in. Decidedly not dead. "No, he is very much alive. " She confirms with a nod.

Lily's affirmation that she is here for Safrin and not the church is like honey to the goddess, and she immediately smiles like a cat offered thick cream. "Well darling one, what is it you would like to know?" She asks, the vivacity of her cosmic gaze deepening as she stares with unfettered interest at Lily now.

Safrin
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
Lily
No, he is very much alive, sends anger coursing through her body. Fuck, her hair could almost go up in flames she’s so immediately pissed off and disgusted with the man. It almost doesn’t matter how or why, but he hardly doubts it was an honest mistake. There were too many details, to much done in Safrin’s name to make it a ‘genuine mistake.’

“That fucking asshole… “ she ekes out from behind clenched jaws. All of a sudden so much makes sense. There is nothing like being deceived, like realizing a man is an utter snake to bring out the disdain of a woman. Artist indeed. Conartist. Aesthetic? Gutter rat. And what’s worse is that he pretends to be a good guy while doing it, putting on a show for anyone who might be watching. That is probably what grinds her gears the most.

“I’ll -” she begins, and then reins it back in, leaving the rage to smolder and fester beneath those spark-colored locks. “No. I’ll kick his teeth in when I leave here. I came to find out about you, so -. ” She settles herself a bit and then leans into the Goddess’s star-decked gaze. “There is nothing like you where I come from. It’s all very… fascinating. What do you stand for? What do you ask of your followers?”

Why you over someone else? she wants to ask, but has a feeling that would be… frowned upon.  

over the sea to Skye

Change author:

Safrin laughs, amused and pleased by Lily's anger. She is a spiteful goddess to be sure, and in his short time here Bastien has pushed just about every obvious divine button that she has. That she has allowed him to live this long is a mercy, but perhaps his luck will run out. The goddess is apparently not the only one displeased with the artist's penchant for fickle fealty.

"Stand for? Sugar you make it all sound so political." The goddess begins with a demure smile. "I don't stand for anything, I just am. Though to put it into terms that you might understand, I suppose you would say I stand for life." She adds with a breezy and beautific smile. "I am ... part of Vi, you might say. Vi being the God of life." Safrin clarifies. Lily has not been in Caido that long, and while it is common knowledge, it's possible the entertainer has not stumbled upon such knowledge.

"My followers? Very little, honestly. Merely that they might spread my name." Safrin who had cults dedicated to her in the past, rituals and sacrifices, was now content with those in the bubble merely knowing her name. The goddess' lips twisted into a knowing smile, as her galactic gaze roamed over Lily for a moment as she considered. "Why me, darling? That is what you'd like to know?" She purrs, the contents of Lily's mind as readable as any book might be. "Well..if you consider my counterparts...Frey has no real interest in much save for sex and procreation. And Ludo? Well ... Ludo likes to keep its plans to itself. It is a tricksy thing, and though it can be quite useful, it is rarely straightforward."

Safrin
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
Lily
Lily considers the statement for a moment. “Well…  I suppose that’s because where I come from, religion is political. A reason to exclude and persecute anyone different.” Those are the parts she’d never liked about the Christians - well, that and their prying, puritanical eyes. Her tone turned dark, ever so briefly, but she manages to shake the feeling and move on. Her face remains turns upward, towards the star-draped Goddess, pale skin radiant in her light.

“I like the idea of that. Life. I can see why Amalia is yours.” But then of course, there is the tradition of her trade, which she’s only recently come to realize could be left behind in favor of something a bit more… truly entertaining.  She could fuck whenever she wants to, with whomever she wants to. She could pick her partners not for their purse, but for their penis personality. Her sexuality cannot be denied, though Deepfrost and LongNight seem to have dampened it for the time being.

“And what if we are drawn to more than one? Would you be angry?” What if it isn’t in her nature to be monogamous? What if she’s… more of the sharing type? But genuinely, honest-to-God(s) want to follow both?

over the sea to Skye

Change author:

Safrin chuckles lightly. "Mine? Oh no sweet one. We do not collect you as the Voice does. But I do know what you meant."

Thoughtfully the deity pauses, her head tilting slightly. "In a manner of speaking, no. We all work together after all. Life is nothing without creation or death. In that way while we are not all the same, we do exist together harmoniously..." At this, her lips twist into a smile as she thinks of Ludo and Frey, her shoulders rising and falling gently. "..for the most part. But to worship the new gods—" At this her expression sours and the intricately beautifully lines of her face grow hard. "—would indeed be frowned upon. Not only does she call herself a god when she is not, but she stands against all that we aim for. " Safrin says, crossing her arms with a small hum that turned into a sigh.

Safrin
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:
Lily
The New Gods? Based on Safrin’s reaction, Lily thinks she’d best stay away from that one for awhile. Besides, she’s rather taken with Safrin’s beauty and use of diminutives (it is easy to see why Bastien fell for the Goddess - even easier to see why he may have fucked up with her intentions), and for now, that is enough for Lily. Religion is still oh so overwhelming for someone who’s had to take care of themselves their whole life, and especially for someone who’s been told she’s going to hell again and again and again.

Once conversation won’t change her mind, but it can begin to push back. So Lily nods and smiles. This has been a very special moment in her life (Imagine! Talking to a Goddess!) and while she feels like she would like to talk forever, the woman is rather conscientious. She should not take all of Safrin’s time, particularly if she doesn’t have anything of true importance to talk about.

“I understand. Thank you, Safrin, I have some things to think about. .” Her hands steady and still in her lap, as the redhead asks one more question. “Is there anything I can do for you?” A ridiculous question, once you think about it. The Goddess has so much more power than she does. And yet, she asks. Because that’s the kind of woman Lily is.

over the sea to Skye

Change author:

"You are as thoughtful as you are beautiful." The goddess muses with a gentle smile. "I know that you are new here sugar. If you could do anything for me, it would be to find a place here and find people. Things are ... changing here. It would be in your best interest to decide before lines are drawn, on what side of history you wish to find yourself."

Starlight surrounds Safrin and in a wink she is gone. As the shimmering dust settles Lily feels relaxed and at ease, as if she could easily take on any task or challenge that the world might have to throw at her.

Safrin