Ascended to Greatness
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
i am the remedy to your heart,
As soon as Bastien had undergone his Ascension, was himself again, he wanted to see Rexanna. She had been so concerned for him at the funeral after all, had tried to hard to help; he was sure she would be pleased to see him back to his old self and even better: improved. It wasn't like he was unable to do the good deeds she had suggested now, but..maybe...you know, later.

Coming to her door he knocked, hoping she would not mind the intrusion early in the morning (about 4 or 5am, he thought. Early enough that the sun was not quite risen) for such an important announcement. It was not just the sun he had to avoid, anyway; Bastien made sure that no one who had seen his 'death' caught eyes on him just yet.

"Rexanna!" He called softly. "It is Bastien! I have most wonderful news, cara! You must come see!"
I am the carbon collected.
I am the printed upon your stars.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
FOR A TIME IT SEEMED TO ME,
THAT WE WERE STARLIGHT-TOUCHED.
FAILING TO REALIZE THAT WE WERE STARCROSSED,
It had been strange for Rexanna, that night. To be tossing and turning in bed despite the warmth of the blankets she could make softer, or the clothes she wore to feel better. She felt like she hadn’t slept in days which was hardly the case. She hadn’t even realized how early it was in the morning, having decided that she might just sleep the rest of the day away to try and recoup at least some of her energy. But then, the strangest thing happened. There was a knock at her door, and she tried to puzzle whom it could be.

She slipped out of bed, wearing a thin dress before she put on an overcoat made of wool and stepped down the stairs to the door. Her hair was down, sitting just below her shoulder blades and looked relatively straight despite her rough amount of sleep. And when she got to the door, she tentatively opened it a crack to peek outside at who it was rapping against her door. When she heard Bastien’s voice and saw his face, she opened the door fully standing in the door frame with a shocked face.

Bastien! What happened? You’re… fixed? Back?” Her voice was lined with shock, perfectly normal and she continued to have that extraordinary look about her despite standing in barely anything at all. She stepped aside to let Bastien in, and when he had come in she closed the door and turned on a couple of oil lamps, turning back to him with a raised eyebrow. “How’d you do it?” She asked, coming closer to him with an almost concerned look in her eye.
THE STARS WERE
NEVER
ON OUR SIDE.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
"Yes, I am! And even better than before!" He announced with a flourish, stepping easily into her threshold and as soon as Rexanna was done lighting the lamps, taking her into a hug; one that if she was being observant she would notice was distinctly lukewarm. "I went to see signora d'oro! Or...ah, what is it they call her? The Voice?"

Pulling away from Rexanna he pointed to his teeth, the sharp fangs glinting in the light from the lamps. "She has released me of the curse and given me wonderful gifts." He seemed blind to any potentially negative side effects to this process, clearly gleeful and joyous.

"I wonder now why I spent all that time with Safrin, or begging for Frey! When there was such a simple answer!" He laughed almost manically, leaning back against the wall with a hand running through his hair.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
Her attention slipped to him once she had closed the door and turned on the lights, listening while he had spoke with such excitement that made her smile yet also caused a concerned knot to form in her stomach. But he took her into a hug and immediately she grew slightly more concerned at his touch. He felt almost cold to her, and her brows knitted slightly together despite the smile on her face. What had he done? He clarified soon after, speaking of the Voice which was someone she hadn’t quite heard of yet as far as she could remember, but she nodded almost dumbly along.

When he pulled away from her, her fingertips still lightly touched his forearm as he pointed to his teeth, fangs that she knew almost intimately well. “O-Oh!” She said, tilting her head to look at them a bit closer. But he began to elaborate on speaking with Safrin and begging Frey to change him when her smile slightly faded. All she could really think about was the bite from Archebold and the pleasure experienced there, and the Masquerade when she had told Lily the same in reference to Lucas.

She wondered if Bastien knew what they did too.

Did she tell you what your fangs do now?” She asked quietly, her arms retreating back to her sides before one raised to run a hand through her hair. Her brow raised slightly as she looked to him with a small sigh of a smile, wondering if Frey and Safrin would show up here in her home and smite him on the spot. Certainly Safrin would be incredibly upset about the change of events, but Rexanna didn’t know the shared history of the gods and the Voice, she only knew that Bastien had found a loophole and she was concerned for her friend. “Did she give you anything else?” She asked, tilting her head.
THE STARS WERE
NEVER
ON OUR SIDE.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Rexanna seemed confused, but not displeased; Bastien could work with that. Still leaning against the wall with a grin on his face he looked over to her and tilted his head at her question. He assumed, like the vampires of his own world's stories, the teeth could aid him in drinking blood. Wasn't that much obvious...?

"No, she did not mention." Suddenly he recalled Lucas at his party, how the reactions had been to his bite; was there more to it than just the drinking of blood? "Please, cara. If you know more, inform me of the gift I have been given." It seemed there were endless advantages to Ascending so far.

"Yes, there was another thing." Bastien smiled and stood up from the wall, looked at Rexanna and flexed his hands out in front of him as if channelling some great power. "I was given an...aura. I can use it when I like, and make anyone around me feel at great ease."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
He didn’t know what the fangs did, and Rexanna chewed on her lip almost a bit nervously. Uncertain of whether to tell him or let him find out himself. Though the last time she had done it, her neck had been sore for a week and she had passed out. But it was likely because it was Archebold of all people that had done it. She offered him a small smile and shrug as if she wouldn’t tell him at first. He had to show her what else the Voice had offered him.

And when he did, she was almost captivated by it. Her head tilted and she nodded to him before looking back up to his face with a soft smile. “I hope you know what you’re doing Bastien.” She finally said after a moment before she laughed quietly and stepped closer to him, reaching a hand out to grab his own lukewarm ones, wondering if that was why Archebold consistently wore gloves, so nobody would know? It didn’t matter much, they were… different, and she wasn’t certain if Bastien realized just how different.

The feeling is amazing.” She began, shifting her head to the side slightly as she looked at Bastien with a slightly raised eyebrow. “It’s invigorating, eye-opening, orgasmic.” She eventually said with another small laugh. “But you have to know when to stop otherwise I’ll pass out and that wouldn’t be any fun, would it?” Her voice took on a bit more of a serious tone, and she tilted her head to look up to Bastien’s face. A small smile remaining on her lips.
THE STARS WERE
NEVER
ON OUR SIDE.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"Oh, I never know what I am doing. That is half the fun." He winked with a grin, feeling every bit the smart and glamorous charmer he wanted to be. Bastien was almost drunk with happiness, stood with a friend after a wondrous gift and the ascension he had always been destined for.

He had expected Rexanna to tell him it was a little painful, maybe fun if you did right, but: invigorating? Eye-opening? Orgasmic? What on earth had he been given?

"Why, Signora. It almost sounds as if you want me to give you this orgasmic bite." Bastien whispered in a sing-song tone, leaning down to get fractions away from Rexanna's face and taking a lock of her hair in his fingers. "But it would be wildly inappropriate to do it in your corridor."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She snorted in response to him, nodding in agreement to his statement. “You’re right about that.” She acknowledged, grinning to him in response. A small laugh bubbled out of her lips at his wink, and she was about to tell him that she was happy for him despite it, even if she thought it was a ridiculous idea. But there was no going back, was there? So she let him know about what the fangs did, and watched as he almost whispered in a playful tone toward her.

Her sapphire gaze slipped up to his dark gaze and she eyed him in a playful skeptical way as he leaned down toward her and took a lock of her hair. A small shiver ran down her spine, but she nodded nonetheless. “Well, you have to experience it sometime, right?” She said quietly, a smirk crossing her features before she reached up and took his hand that had been playing with her hair and locked her fingers with it.

Rexanna kept her hand in his, guiding him through her makeshift home. Past the kitchen and the living area, slipping up the stairs toward the bedrooms and when she had reached her own with the blankets made of soft velvet and the pillows with their featheriness, she let his hand go. “It’s not much but it’s cozier than the corridor.” She laughed, inhaling deeply then sighing quietly. “And if you do make me pass out at least I’ll be comfortable.” She offered, flashing him a wink as she stepped away from him to remove her coat. She stood there then, turning to face him in only a nightgown with a small smirk of a smile on her face.
THE STARS WERE
NEVER
ON OUR SIDE.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien led his hand be taken and followed Rexanna through her home. It was clearly halfway to being something finished, odd and rough-edged, but he found that he had a great fondness in his heart for it despite his usual aesthetic tastes. Her bed was impressive anyway, velvet and pillows; it wasn't until he saw it that Bastien realised what they could be about to do and his chest was filled with a excited warmth.

He sat down on the bed and watched her undress with his cheek on his hand, a smile that was almost more affection than lust over his face. Bastien did not care to hide the way his eyes dragged over her body, taking in every curve and feature now that they were alone and had the time. "Ah, Rexanna. You are truly the most beautiful woman in this place. And if you pass out I shall stay until you are well, of course. But I do not think that will happen." He would make sure of it.

Taking off his own coat so all he wore was a pair of pants (he had not know what was appropriate to see a God to ascend, but had opted for as few clothes as possible) he leaned back and held out an arm for her, wanting her to lay next to him. "Where would you care for me to bite you? And you must tell me if you want it to stop, yes?"
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She was glad that he followed her, and that it didn’t take her long to guide him to her room. The look on his face upon entering was enough to bring a smile to her own face as well – but in a different way. She was proud of the things she had done with the room, despite the chaotic result of the rest of it. At least the bedroom was presentable and comfortable looking. And it was quite comfortable with the additions she had made.

As she removed her coat, she turned to eye him as he spoke and looked at her – officially looked at her, and she could only smile back at him, a hand raised to lift her hair from her neck to push it all to one side, letting the dark hues settle down her shoulder and her chest. She nodded her head to him but looked at him a bit skeptical in a joking manner. “We’ll see about that.” She hummed to him, a wide grin sparking across her face at the compliment and his confidence in being able to stop.

He removed his own jacket, and she also didn’t stop herself from taking all of his torso in – knowing deep down that he wouldn’t look as warm or as cozy as he looked, but she also knew that his mind was the same as it had been that night in the Rathskeller. She moved toward him then, sliding onto the bed and into his arm to lay next to him – her hair cascaded over the shoulder she had laid on when she turned to face him, leaving one side of her neck completely exposed.

Her sapphire gaze slipped up to him and she nodded slightly with a soft smile, goosebumps forming on her arms and shoulder in preparation. She knew what was coming, but he didn’t, and that perhaps made it all the more fun and dangerous. Rexanna had always rode that line a bit too tight, but she didn’t mind it in this moment. “The neck would be good.” She offered quietly, an arm raised to rest it over his own shoulder to tangle her fingers in his thick dark hair.
THE STARS WERE
NEVER
ON OUR SIDE.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
With Rexanna laid beside him there was only one thing left to do. There was a part of him that was anxious this was more dangerous than it seemed...but he had grown up reading stories of the vampiro, and biting women (who would be find afterwards) was very much a part of of it. And he found that he wanted to, especially when she was so beautiful (and full of blood, his new systems told him).

His fingers holding her jaw up gently he first kissed her just once, something to make this less of a violent act. Then he moved to her neck and opened his mouth. Paused for just a second with his fangs grazing her skin....then he bit down.

A clear noise of surprised pleasure came from Bastien's throat as he was suddenly taken by a wave of pleasure and the delicious taste of the blood in his mouth. Instinctively he moved a leg over her to straddle her, moved one of his hands to stroke down her side and cup her hip. Ah, Rexanna...he thought, wishing he could speak to her like this, tell her how she made him feel, how beautiful she was. For the time being he tried to communicate it in his slow drinking and caress of her hip.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
This time it was different – more intimate, more everything. That hastiness with Archebold had been due to her teasing him out of sheer curiosity of what it was like, and while he had been as gentle as he could be, she had passed out only to awaken in his home the next morning with a neck and throat that was sore, and dehydration making her sluggish. This time, there was more. Bastien had always been kind to her, and it was something she did want to experience with him. It was something she wanted to show him, what he was capable of.

So when she moved into his arms and laid beside him, she smiled up to him a soft warming beam as he moved in to kiss her. She returned the kiss, finding that her lips left his far too soon before he was tilting her head to open up her neck in an easier way. Her fingers tangled in his dark curls, her other arm on his side as her fingers traced along his shoulder like she had done to him before in the Rathskeller. But then Bastien had paused, brief enough that the goosebumps on her arms rose further with the surprise of his fangs scratching her skin just briefly before they plunged.

Like before, it was incredible, but again this time it was different. His hand roved along the side of her body to her hip and he moved her as her blood transferred to him. Her head pushed back slightly, mouth parting in a soft sound of pleasure as her fingers tangled harder and almost aimed to press him into her more. Her other hand along his shoulder, scratched further though she wasn’t sure how deep she was clawing at him. One leg moved up and hooked around his hip as she pressed herself closer to him, her head back and eyes shut. She wanted him closer, more of him and all of him. The pain of her neck would be unknown until the next morning, but for now she moved against him; soft moans leaving her lips like a quiet prayer.
THE STARS WERE
NEVER
ON OUR SIDE.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Rexanna's sigh of pleasure mimicked how he was feeling, and Bastien was glad that they could share this; in a way it felt more intimate than previous sexual encounters he'd had. It was taking and giving, trust and power, so much more than physical touching. Her blood was delicious in his mouth, the best thing he had ever tasted, so much sweeter than even the best wines he had had at home.

As she moved so wonderfully beneath him Bastien's hand grew bolder; he moved it from her hip and stroked down the side of her thigh, suddenly came back up and rested his fingers at the top of the inside of her leg. Lightly stroking there he moved his other hand to tangle in her hair and keep her head pulled back.

After a few minutes of ecstasy he had to face that he could not do this forever. He really did not want Rexanna to faint, after all. With a clear reluctance he released his fangs from her neck and pulled away but not too far, looking down at her with her blood still on his lips.

"...I...did not know what a gift I had now. Please tell me that was the same for you, preziosa. To give you such pleasure would be something I would love to be able to do." He had noticed the clear lack of...appreciation for the moment in certain parts of his body, but there were ways around that. For the moment all he was focused on was Rexanna's reaction, her experience of the bite.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
It was far more intimate this time, and she couldn’t remember having the same kind of reaction to it on such an emotional level that she did with Bastien. Archebold had said it made him a monster, but as she rolled over every edge with Bastien’s teeth in her neck, she didn’t think it made the man above her any kind of monster at all. If anything, she found she only craved more and more of him. She was breathless and slowly growing more tired, but as his fingers traced her hip and her thigh she knew he’d find out how she was reacting. And something about it hoped he enjoyed it too, despite the nonexistent presence of something else too.

But then he pulled away from her, and her blood was on his lips, and she almost whined when she opened her eyes to see him smiling down at her. Her fingers released in his hair and she offered her own soft smile in return. And suddenly she felt a bit cold, feeling as though her body was covered in sweat yet not having the appearance of it. She slipped closer to Bastien, forgetting temporarily that he wouldn’t be as warm as he was in the Rathskeller, and quietly reached over to grab a blanket to wrap them both up in when he spoke. When he asked her what she thought, she hummed a quiet laugh and reached up to pull Bastien closer to her, aiming to kiss his lips, covered in her own dark scarlet blood before she pulled back and winked to him.

It was… Better than I remember the first time being.” She said quietly, still a bit breathless but finding herself exhausted. Not near enough to faint, but that the restlessness she had been feeling before he arrived now was nonexistent. After a few moments, she grinned to him and laid her head back onto the pillow, reaching up to press a hand to her neck. “I loved it, Bastien.” She eventually said.
THE STARS WERE
NEVER
ON OUR SIDE.