God Quest but above ground the stars keep their secrets
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Jigano nodded slowly at hearing that Vi was against the fall of the barrier, that Rae would sacrifice them without regret for what they considered ‘good.’ It had been a choice he had made once, and it had broken him. It was not one he wished to be a part of making again, if any alternative could be found. For the moment, however, all he needed to do was listen, and learn, as Safrin’s truth revealed the history they had wondered at for so long.

He stood, arms tucked into his sleeves as he listened and remembered with focused intensity. Isuma chased starmotes until she tired and then crawled into Amalia’s lap to rest. He nodded slowly at hearing that the Voice allowed her creations the illusion of free will, and that her body was bound but out of her reach, somehow. ”The Acquired,” he said softly when she was done. ”Surely not all of them followed her down that dark path? Some must have eschewed that ambition, and remained pious and loyal to the Old Gods?” He hesitated. ”And… the Ascended she has made… is it possible for her - was it possible, in the past – to tear away that appearance of free will and command them to go against their own choices and desires? To control them as a queen bee with a hive?” Gods least fortunate, it was a terrifying thought… and one that needed an answer all the more for his reluctance to ask it.

He glanced down fondly to Amalia as her yawn interrupted her own questions, but before he can offer her a hand she had stood up, fear crossing her face and bringing a slight frown of concentration to his own. ”I don’t know Lily,” he admitted, ”But Seiji is a smart young man. He would know to run if things became dangerous, and they have the Sparkbird’s feather, and Safrin’s starmote guides. They might be worried about us, though,” he added wryly. ”Since we’ve disappeared on them.”

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Looking to the bard, Safrin considered the question gently. "Their potentiality tainted them, perhaps you might say." She replied after a moment, frowning. "Their powers grew. The Acquired that were once are not like the friends and family you have here. They are so much stronger now than ever they were." The goddess frowned. "I'm not entirely sure. If she did on some sort of global scale, I am not aware of it. Though, I suppose that would be the point. Turning them all mindless would do her no good. Planting the idea that her will was what should be followed anyways? Continuing the illusion and making us all believe it?" Safrin shrugged. She didn't know.

With a much warmer smile directed towards Amalia, for her question was much easier to answer, the deity nodded. "I am rather fond of knowledge and those who seek it. If I can, I will gladly answer what more you wish to know." Safrin replied, her smile wide beneath painted lips as she looked from the two humans, down to the sleeping gryphonlet.

"Ah." Safrin said, closing her eyes and humming a note. Lily and Seiji would suddenly find themselves at the entrance of the cave accompanied by their star-guide. Hopefully its continued appearance would reassure them that the sudden teleportation was intentional. "They are back where you started, unharmed." The deity said, before looking up to the stars.

"Take what you have learned and read more. When the time is right, we will speak again."

The pair (and Isuma) would feel heightened, refresh, and confident suddenly in their future ventures. At least where lore-seeking was concerned. Safrin ebbed away into a galactic stillness that seemed to simply swallow her up into the night.

Safrin