Sometimes love is a feather
For Sam
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
sometimes love is all that can save us, sometimes love can kill a man
His thoughts of the bard still coloured by their months-gone-by argument, Remi folded his hands between his knees and tried not to let his fingers clench into the fist that desperately wanted to form. "Sam—" He said, accented-voice strained as he glanced across towards the coppery-haired man. Remi's pale stare was narrowed, concerned, worried. "You know you do not have to do anything you do not want. It does not matter if you are part of a guild, if you are the strongest..." Gently the alchemist's lips twitched upwards into a sad smile as he looked back down into his hands. "You can always say no."

The question only received a shake of Remi's curls. "No...not yet. I do not think that will last though." He added a touch ominously.
sometimes love is a soft touch, or a line drawn in the sand

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
S
A
M
U
E
L
The book of love is long and boring
The way Remi said his name made Sam look over with some concern, which turned to confusion as he listened to what Remi had to say. "I know...I know that. I did want to do it." But then his usual insecurity, doubt, desperation to please came in, and he added: "...I think. I just want to be a good friend, even if that means doing dangerous or frightening things. I would do much the same for you, if you asked."

Remi said he did not have any personal experiences with Arduinna, which slightly softened the impact of his warnings for Sam. If the man was working off rumours and hearsay, or tales...perhaps they were exaggerated, or not as bad as he thought. "Then...how do you know she is as bad as you say? I must admit she gave me an odd feeling and I do not find it hard to believe, but I would not like to worry Jigano and the rest of the Loreseekers for nothing."

No one can lift the damn thing
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi could only frown, feeling his stomach clench and his heart pound painfully in his chest. "I...I do not want you to think that I mean you are not that sort of man. That sort of friend. Only...there is a difference between doing something because it is who you are, and doing something because you think it is who you are." The alchemist shook his head gently knowing that he wasn't making much sense. At the best Sam likely would think he was just rambling, at the worst, he'd think Remi was being insulting. But the alchemist didn't know how to express that, from everything Sam had said, Jigano sounded very much as though he was coercing Sam into doing things. Because you're a Loreseeker and because you're the strongest sounded very much like the type of things that Sam wouldn't be able to reject, even if the bard hadn't used those words outright.

"From Ianto." Remi replied softly, his cheeks flushing as he turned to once again regard his hands, running a finger over his palm. The alchemist felt slightly stung that Sam wouldn't accept him at his word. That he might think the alchemist prone to exaggeration or gossip.

But that after his warning Sam might worry that he was warning them for nothing, as if that was the sort of thing Remi often aimed for, made Remi clear his throat gently and rise from the chair.

"Just be careful Sam. I would not have the same fate that befell Ianto befall any of you, either." He added, swallowing down an unhappy lump of emotion as he turned to leave.

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
S
A
M
U
E
L
"..Mmm...but..." I do not know who I am rang out in Sam's mind but he didn't say it, just shrugged meaninglessly and sighed, letting his words trail off into silence. Remi was probably right, he knew, but he didn't know how else to be except desperate for everyone's approval, regardless of consequence. Drinking in praise as if it were a personality, something he felt he lacked.

Ianto...Sam wasn't sure if that made the information more or less credible. On one hand, Remi probably knew about it quite well. On the other, he may be biased. But before he could say anything else, the other man was standing.

"Leaving so soon?" He asked, standing up to follow. "At least let me walk you to the door. I do appreciate your warning, Remi...I appreciate everything you do and say to me." Sam really did, and he hoped his geniuneness came through in his words.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Yes, I should go." Remi replied with a sweet but sad smile, before shaking his head. "No, you are alright. I know the way back down." He added, padding towards the stairs. Before he reached them though, Remi paused and looked over his shoulder. For a long and silent moment he merely stared at the bookmaker. There was still something there, a lingering memory that had no substance anymore, no colour or texture, and yet it took up space in Remi's heart and mind, if only because it was a void left by Ludo's magic.

"I am always here for you Sam. Just next door, if you ever need anything. In fact—" Reaching into his pocket he produced a smooth looking stone. It shone a gentle green currently. "This is the one I made for Isla. Would you like it now?" The object rose from his palm and glided across the room to hover before Sam. "If you press the button, the light on my end will turn red. Same for yours, if I press mine."

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
S
A
M
U
E
L
When Remi paused, looked back, Sam felt his heart leap for reasons he didn't really understand (and thought that really, now that they were where they were, he shouldn't understand). He wasn't sure what to expect, and when Remi passed him the green stone he stared for a moment, confused until he had the explanation and understood what a gift it was.

Promised protection, from someone he knew to be very capable.

He took the stone and nodded, though he was not sure why Remi would ever need to call for him. "I will keep it close to me at all times, I promise. Thank you." Sam nodded, clasping the stone to his chest.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi watched Sam take the stone and felt a shiver of relief course through him. For a moment he had wondered if Sam would reject the gift, if he'd think that he didn't need it, or, more likely, argue that he wasn't deserving of it.

But he was, in more ways than Remi could have ever articulated.

"Be well Sam.." The alchemist said finally, something unsaid lingering in the weighty pause after his words and the way his eyes darkened slightly as he lowered his gaze and turned away.

!FIN.

Item added to Sam's records!

Coding base by Sky!