Friends are Few
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Ah! Yes, we called those Bards where we are from." Roana said with a small smile. There! One connection made! Roana quietly supervised the boys as they scurried around getting everything put away before breaking out into a wrestling match in the middle of the kitchen...because of course they did. She smiled with a small sigh, shaking her head. "I hope a bit of insanity won't bother you. They've energy for days." Roana said to Are.

He spoke of winds of change and she nodded, leaning against the table and crossing her arms. "Yes. The Barrier. It was put up by the gods of Caido to entrap a magic user that got too big for her britches and somehow managed to become god-like. But she still has followers, she is still alive, and now with this influx of people, there is about to be a serious food shortage." Roana explained, shortening the full story to something easier to get through. "The source of the barrier is located in the Spire, I am sure you noticed it. A group of us, including myself, attacked and killed the demon that was guarding it recently."

From the kitchen Jax piped up,"Told ya she foughted a monster!"

Roana smirked a little and rolled her eyes at his antics. "Now we just have to breach the Spire and find the source of the barrier's power and destroy it. But our...hastiness...has caused some of the locals to become irritated with us."
Roana
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath, imma stick it out to the end
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Wiggen Offline
Change author:

Are
She talked of insanity as the boys gleefully play-fought, yet spoke of gods and magic as if it was nothing out of the ordinary. All the talk of forces so far beyond his own imagination made the cobbler's head spin, part excitement and part worry. What even is this world? Are just shook his head at all of it, inconceivable as it was, it was something he would have to become comfortable with. No matter how he sliced it, his wife could very well be out there.

Are scratched his head at it all, he felt helpless in the face of things so much greater than him. All the while the smaller worries kept piling up. "I am not more than a cobbler." he stated after a little while, coupled with a defeated sigh he just nodded at the truth of the matter. "Beyond sturdy leathers I am not of much use, I hope you succeed." he said and offered Roana a half smile.

Call it cowardice or cleverness, the cobbler had never thought much of taking up arms in anger. Not beyond the one time he cracked his eldest brother atop the head with a mallet for stealing his good awl. Not that he was adverse to violence, Are was just assured it was not his lot in life to crack cleave anything but firewood. A time as good as any to change that. He said in his own head, not sure if he spoke to what little remained of his old life or to the new Are that had started to take shape.

"With that said, it would be my honor to do what I can to help." Are said and smiled, wholeheartedly this time.
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Roana smiled a bit at Are as he passed off his profession as something humble and unremarkable. "I'd wager your profession is more useful than mine. People will always need shoes and leather goods. People only need warrior folk like me when there is a fight to be had." she said with a light laugh. Tradesmen were much more essential than people like her. Warriors only had a use so long as there was conflict.

There would always be that, but she could hope otherwise.

"Look, look!!" Jax interrupted them, bouncing excitedly by a sheathed claymore leaning against the fireplace. "See?! I told you! Its Krosis!"
Roana
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Are
Are was with a keen look inspecting one of his shoes for damage, beyond what he had already cataloged in his mind. A scratch there, a tiny rip here, nothing worse for the ware. Just like their wearer.

Roanas words made him smile and glance above his handiwork, he all too well knew the warrior kind. Still there was something about her he couldn't shake. Warriors in Niflheim, could it be... No. The thought sent a shiver down his spine. Even though he rejected it, the idea had taken hold in his mind, and his mind was fertile ground for worries.

"I worry... Warriors belong in Valhall." he finally stated, no longer able to pretend the shoes mesmerized him. "And I fear it c-" he said but was stopped short by the boy's exclamation. "Truly a mighty blade for a mighty warrior." he said and forced a smile, the worry still lingering in his eyes.

"Ragnarök" Are whispered, eyes flitting around as if he expected the great wolf to step out of the shadows at any moment. "No, not yet. Or, maybe it has passed? Would explain the ruins, no?" he said, confusing himself in the process of explaining his thoughts. "Sorry, Ragnarök - The fall of the powers." he explained in short, suddenly aware of his choice of words.
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
Roana tilted her head to the side, raising a brow in confusion. "What is Valhall? A name for an army?" she asked, rather confused. Eventually she would understand all the weird words he had in his vocabulary. Eventually. But she was distracted as Jax started pulling on her tunic top. {i]\"Momma show him show him!!\"[/say} he said bouncing up and down, pointing back at the sword that Are had been so clearly impressed to see.

She relented and crossed the room, picking up the sword with ease despite its size. "No. That isn't what happened here. Two sets of gods and their respective armies clashed and seemed to damn near destroy this place in the process. The Old Gods against a new god called the Voice, who apparently is just a mortal who managed to get godlike abilities for herself." Roana explained as she unsheathed Krosis. The blade was razor sharp and gleamed brightly, the steel at such a high polish it almost glowed white without direct light. The guard indeed resembled a dragon, its maw open from which the blade protruded like fire, the hand guard styled as its wings.

"The problem here isn't a fall of powers, but a clash of them. Some of the Old Gods are trapped here, others outside. And now with all us newcomers the balance is thrown off. Your Ragnarok hasn't happened here. Now yet anyways."
Roana
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
Clashing of gods, but no victor. The world stands. No, it's not right. Are's mind raced and he chewed the inside of his cheek, not snapping out of it 'til the rasp of a blade against the scabbard shook him awake from the daydream. "The clash should have been the end." he said, eyes following the mirror like sliver of ice cold death as it came to rest. A nervous gulp felt as if it echoed through the room.

"It passed, it must have." he said and nodded, as if it all made sense to him. Another shake of his head cleared the heavy thoughts for the moment, it was all so far beyond the little quiet corner of Aros he had left behind.

"I have words, old words, but that's irrelevant now. The gods? I saw the ruins of shrines, but not one symbol I know. Do you praise them? Ask for mild winters and good harvests?"
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
"It did not pass, because this is not the world you knew. This is a new world in its entirety. Wherever you came from is not here and beyond reach I am afraid." Roana said softly but with a firmness that indicated she wasn't to be argued with. What she stated was fact. The sooner it was accepted, the sooner he could move forward.

"Some people praise them for those things. Though I wouldn't pray at a shrine unless you are prepared to be visited by one. It isn't a necessarily pleasant experience from what I hear. Only Safrin seems to regularly treat her worshippers with some predictability." Roana said as she sheathed the sword. Safrin was the only one she had ever seen too, so she supposed she was a bit biased. She only had the word of others to go off of.
Roana
Are Jormsson
Cobbler / Leatherworker

Change author:

Are
Are threw his hands up, not one to argue with the sword wielding woman. No matter his own convictions, they where not worth angering one of the few people he knew in this new world. Not Allfader himself could convince him otherwise.

"I speak with the gods, they have visited me before. In both dreams and awake, and I am certain they will visit me again." he said, with about as much certainty as could be expected from a man convinced he had died and been tossed from his world.

Are's hands only lowered as yet again the rasp steel against leather sent a shiver down his spine. "I will keep from being led astray, Fimbultyr will guide me when the time comes." he said and did his best to clear his face of any remnant concern, not one to drag any more if his problems to the doorsteps of kind strangers. "Say, I've yet to see stalls or shops, where do you keep your craftsmen around here?" he said, chuckling nervously in a lame attempt at changing the subject to something not quite as heavy.