closer than before
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005

Noah
if there's a reason I'm still alive
when so many have died
With Cordelia's blessing, Noah was bringing his twins to the shrine for the first time. They were wrapped in the warmest of fabrics and hides and leathers, tucked carefully beneath each of the Sentinel's arms. His Sentinel's Coat protected them from the elements as he moved from their home to the shrine, his voice low and cooing to the sleeping twins as they traveled. Noah's companions came, too, offering extra eyes as well as extra warmth should it be needed.

When they arrived at the shrine, Noah settled right up close. The flickering candlelight and roaring fire warmed the area and bathed the shrine in harmony of dancing shadows and lights. He sat himself in such a way that he could shift his son down to rest in the crooks and bends of his legs, while he held his daughter still close to his chest. With his free hand, Noah lowered the offering he had brought for his time of prayer and god-seeking. He set down a set of earrings made from the rubies he hadn't used to craft the bracelet, for Safrin. Next to it he sat a luxere tine with a braided dreamcatcher hanging from it, for Vi.

Noah bowed his head, and prayed above to the deity of life and his herald of stars, holding his children closely.
then I'm willing to
wait for it

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
Ahh, new life. Such a wonderful blessing. Though Safrin is sure that Noah would prefer to be graced with Vi's presence, such is not in the stars for him today.

A refreshing breeze has the flames of each candle and torch flickering gently as Safrin makes her presence known. Starshine falls around Noah and his new children, shimmering around their tiny bodies and hugging them just as tightly as Vi would  had he been able to be here instead.

"Hello Noah." Swathed in gold, the goddess kneels down before the Sentinel that he might not have to disturb his twins. "Who do we have here?"
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Noah
when so many have died
Noah's companions reacted immediately to Safrin's presence. Eira purred and walked around the back of the goddess, rubbing up against her as she knelt down to inspect the demigod and his twins. Vi'dore gave his own greeting by way of a low, gentle nicker. Noah's eyes opened at their sounds and his warm blue eyes rested on Safrin's face for but a moment before shifting down to the bundles he held.

"Margot." He said, raising her an inch or so. Then, the next. "Marcus." Noah's smile beamed down on his children, and he even felt a lump of that pride manifesting in the bottom of his throat. He was prone to that more often since their birth. "I wanted them to meet you." He said, the tone as truthful and humble as the man's heart while also implying that he would like them to meet Vi, too.

The twins made little sounds as the starlight embraced them, but they didn't seem uncomfortable. Noah took in a deep breath before his eyes moved up to the herald of stars once more. "I have more to protect now."

then I'm willing to
wait for it

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
Safrin offered a low and gentle cooing sound to both the griffin and the unicorn, though her galactic gaze was focused primarily on the two twins nestled against the Sentinel. "What beautiful gifts Vi has given you." The goddess murmurs, stretching out a hand to brush her finger gently against the cheek of each small babe. "Are they your first?" She wonders, knowing little of Noah's personal life.

Meeting Noah's gaze, Safrin inclines her head slightly to the side as she nods. "Indeed you do." She agrees as starlight flickers from her fingertips and descends onto the twins, offering them both blessings and safety in spades so long as they were in her presence.

"Did you have something specific in mind...?"
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah
when so many have died
With companions content in their acknowledgement, and twins drifting slowly to sleep in the presence of the starlit herald, Noah's entire being softened. He could feel the warmth of the magic descending upon his children from Safrin's finger tips in his bones. "Yes." He couldn't stop the smile that wrinkled the corners of his eyes and tugged at the wrinkles in his forehead.

"I prayed for strength for them and they received it. But I want to be able to protect them more, protect all of those that I love when they need it most." Flashes of the dragon grabbing Weaver, of the battle on the Draig, of all the losses and injuries sustained. ”I need something only the god and herald of life could give.” Noah’s voice was honey as he spoke, his eyes moving from his twins back to Safrin again. ”I wish to be able to take the magical energy within me and form a shield. A shield that can protect others, and even myself, when its needed."

then I'm willing to
wait for it

Change author:
Safrin
Humming softly under her breath as she listens, Safrin nods with immediate understanding. "A shield of Vi's celestial light..." She replies as all around Noah the world seems to sparkle and shine as if just such a shield was present. Nodding, the deity considers for a moment what Vi's chosen would have to bring to create such an item.

"Take this, and let it sit out beneath the stars in three different regions." A small vial of black water appears between Safrin's fingers, which she hands toward Noah. "At some point, engage in a duel with someone who wants to break it, but don't let them." Smiling, Safrin reaches out for Noah's twins once more, brushing their rosy cheeks.

"Finally, consider this. As your family grows, your ability to be everything you want to be for them will diminish. Consider ways to share this burden."

Noah must

1. Leave the vial of black water out beneath the stars in three different regions
2. Complete a training thread with someone. They must try and break the vial and Noah has to concentrate on protecting it.
3. Complete a thread with someone else about the difficulty of being a protector. i.e., if his shield is only for him and someone else, what about the other twin and Cordelia. If he's off being a demigod what about Halo, etc etc.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah
when so many have died
The lights around them shimmered and vibrated with all of the power and energy that Safrin was gifted from Vi. Noah couldn't explain the feelings he experienced in the presence of such majesty, but his glacier eyes were bright with whatever it was. "Thank you, Safrin." Noah breathed out.

The twins wiggled some in his arms as Safrin stroked their cheeks, ease and even the faintest hints of newborn smiles overcoming their tiny faces. Eira came around Safrin then and laid at Noah's side, her chin coming to rest on his daughter's swaddled belly. The griffin purred, and Noah nodded his understanding. Immediately his thoughts went to Ronin and Remi, to Hotaru, to Deimos -- the ones he knew that worked so hard to protect those they loved, and even as much as the tried and they strained and they worked, it didn't always pan out in the way they desired. "When I come back, I'll bring them with so you can see how they've grown."

FIN
then I'm willing to
wait for it