Training Something old, something new
for Rexanna
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
I'm reaching out wide
trying to catch myself before I fall
The rock singled past the woman, but the spark did not manage to adhere to its surface. Maea nodded, remembering how she had struggled to catch things herself in the beginning. Rex didn't have the right kind of ability for it either, but it was fine. She just caught the rock when it was passed back, and bounced it casually before sending it över once more. This time the arch was higher, the descent slower; maybe that would make ut easier for her company to attach the sparkler.

"Attuned? Yeah, it's a race, sort of. They can shift into animals... some can do partway shifts too. That's why I thought... But if you never heard of it then be probably wasn't one."

Maea didn't consider that if one race was unknown to Rexanna, then all of them would be. So she didn't elaborate, too distracted by the mention of the gourds. It had her wince and nod, the peculiar mutations too vividly remembered.

"I've never seen anything like it... They hurt a few of our sheep, and ran amok for weeks before Deepfrost came. Weird things... too many strange occurrences have happened lately. I wonder why."

Some said it was because of the Outlanders, but Maea didn't believe that. She was more inclined to think it was brought on by whomever had let the Outlanders in... and the Old Gods pointed at The Voice.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
i am your friend, a soul for your soul.
home. sun or water, here or away —
She listened to Maea as she tossed the rock back toward her, helping slow it down so Rexanna might be able to attach the sparkler to this one. It was the last of her fireworks for the time being, but she didn’t mind using it all to try and help Maea train. Perhaps to learn a few things too, herself. She listened as Maea spoke of Attuned and it began to make sense. That was Remi, an Attuned, but he bore magic that confused her too as Maea never said the Attuned could also handle magic. And in her thoughts and attempts, she tried to summon the firework on the rock – watching as it briefly made contact, tumbled with it before inevitably falling off. She laughed at her attempt but smiled to Maea nonetheless. “It was close.” Amused with the result, she grabbed another rock and tossed it back toward Maea if she wanted to try some more.

My husband’s people’s wings were constant. Born with them. They had to make furniture to accommodate the wings.” She offered, as if it would help. But she nodded. Because she had never heard of them before, and it seemed unlikely the same kind of magic could be found here. But the conversation had shifted to the gourds and Rexanna nodded with a small smile that faded as she mentioned they had harmed the sheep. Her brows furrowed for a moment as she contemplated what Maea did and if the sheep were okay in the end. “There were many of them.” She said quietly, lingering on the information Maea gave out freely. Things were happening more than normal, in coincidence with the Outlanders arrival. And for a moment she felt a pang of guilt in her gut, but for what she didn’t know.

I’m sorry so many things have started happening.” She said, quieter this time, but she meant it too. She wanted it to stop, wanted to help others with fixing the problems they faced. But she hadn’t a clue where to start.
—we are a lighthouse,
we leave and we stay.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
I'm reaching out wide
trying to catch myself before I fall
Smiling back despite the disappointing end to the game, Maea struck at the rock when it was tossed back and watched it shatter against a nearby wall from the force. It had not been the straneous training the had vied for, and to be fair she could go on a long while still. But outside the rain was coming down harder, and a sound of distant thunder suggested it might be about time to return home. Storms could last for days on this side of Deepfrost... best not take any chances.

"Hey, it's not your fault" she said soothingly, again defending the Outlander from unreasonable accusations. "It's not like you are doing anything, right? It's the gods who make things happen, so if anything we should look to them for answers. Or solution. But, well... The Atheneum can be a good place too. It's got all the books, and the Loreseekers too."

Re-arranging the scarf around her shoulders, Maea smiled at Rex one more time, warm and kind and far more mature than the slight figure and her childish delight might have suggested.

"I for one am glad that you are here, Rexanna. I need to go now... But I hope I see you again soon."
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
i am your friend, a soul for your soul.
home. sun or water, here or away —
Maea had a soothing air about her, and Rexanna wasn’t certain why. But she appreciated the words the Natural had to offer, and she gave her newfound friend a smile in return and a slight nod. “It’s better than the place I was before, that’s for sure.” She offered quietly. “But you’re right. I’ve already had a bit of a tangle with Frey, I have yet to meet Safrin or Ludo but I hope to one day just to say I have.” She wanted to laugh in response, but it didn’t seem fitting. So instead, she nodded toward the Loreseekers Guild and put that in the back of her mind for future use. She was certain she’d need them at some point.

Rexanna watched though, as Maea adjusted the scarf around her shoulders and smiled a very kind and wonderful smile, and Rexanna offered one in return. But the words the pale woman said next were almost enough to choke Rexanna up – somehow trying her hardest to find validation in this new world. Having a purpose, a meaning. And she nodded as her smile grew softer. “I’m very happy to have met you Maea, and help you train. I hope we do see each other soon!” She said, her voice a bit softer, but she lifted her pale hand in a small wave and allowed the woman to leave.

Rexanna, however, chose to remain and think for a while longer.
—we are a lighthouse,
we leave and we stay.