Your final accolade
Nurse

Age: 37 | Height: 6’1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
bartholomew

He hates that Sunjata can so easily reach past the bristles, the hurt, the grief. He'd learned how to do it with Nate, and clearly the same tactics work on Bart. Or maybe he is just...tired. It has been two years of solitude, half of it spent in a drunken fugue of mourning. Bart had moved past Nate's death once before, doing it again had been harder but not impossible. But now he's back, and with Sunjata's hand on his shoulder and forehead against his own, Bart realizes how raw and alone he feels with all the fuel of anger and blame drained out of him.

"Was thinkin' of reopenin' the Wren Clinic," he admits in gruff, quiet undertone as he closes his eyes and leans into Sunjata, one hand rising to lay on the man's shoulder in parallel. "Focus on the Ancients first. 'stablish a healing network." It's a vague plan at best, but the only one he has right now - and it sounds like Sunjata has been blindly stumbling forward in much the same way, lacking purpose and direction. As the man adjusts to bring his arm around Bart's shoulder, the last Wren leans into the Flood's body and wonders when the last time he was touched was.

"Hell, you know I'd scare all the clients away at the brothel. Nate was always -" his throat clicks with grief that swells and chokes the words momentarily, but he soldiers on, refusing to let his twin's name and memory die because of his own cowardly tongue. "- always the more charming of us. And I'm too spindly to be a bouncer." The objections are valid, but it's instinctive to shy away and deflect, try to give space that...well, that Sunjata doesn't need anymore. And neither does Bart.

"But if ya show me where it is maybe I can visit? I need a city to open the clinic in so not thinkin' of leavin' the Grounds yet." He hasn't heard of where the brothel is but it certainly isn't in the Grounds or he would have wandered across it already.
Wake up, or you'll wake up six feet down
nobody's got your back in this town
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
temporary fleeting thrills, keep me bruised and make me ill
my skin has lavender tones
They’re both tired at the end of the day, and yes some of the tactics here are the same Sunjata used with Nate – a double edged sword of the familiarity to him while the similarity within the two of them burned and scarred the edges of his already fractured heart. “You should.” Sunjata says immediately, with no hesitation what so ever, watching Bart decide on what he wanted to do. The Flood would support him in whatever he decided to do.

His arm wraps around his brother in law’s shoulder, and feels the second that the other Wren sags into his embrace, and Sunjata would be lying if he didn’t say his arm tightened around him just a little as if it might help keep himself together too. Even as the next set of words has Bart choking on his brother’s name, Sunjata can’t help the twist of a smile at the memory and the quietly uttered “yeah,” over a throat with a lump of sawdust stuck inside it. “King’s End. I can show you. You don’t have to do anything there either. We’ve got a clinic there too in case you want to help out there on occasion.” A small shrug, but offering help to a place that Isla has pioneered in the brothel didn’t seem like a bad idea.

As for the Grounds, Sunjata nods to that too. “I haven’t been back to the Grounds since before the war.” He admits, a hint sheepishly, afraid to go back there as if he were afraid of what he might find – what memories of his and Nate would be tainted from the places that had been either destroyed or completely changed.
the flood
tell me i'm a loaded gun, tie me up and come undone
i can cover it up, i can cover it up
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nurse

Age: 37 | Height: 6’1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
bartholomew

The immediate support makes his insides sour with regret and shame, so it's a good thing his expression is concealed with the way they lean into one another or he would feel more self-conscious about the hangdog appearance he is surely exhibiting. With the wind of misplaced blame and heated taken out of his sails he is left both adrift and cold. Things he has tried so hard to avoid to feel by hanging onto those horrible feelings for too long.

They are companions in their grief, their tremulous attempts to keep the light of Nate's memory alive amidst a windstorm that tries unfailingly to extinguish it. If Bart had known the comfort that would come with this sort of kinship perhaps he would have had the courage to seek out Sunjata sooner. "Yeah. Yeah, I'd like that. Come an' help out when ya need." Get himself out of the Grounds for more than a day at a time, rotting in place in a way Nate would have hated to see. But motion - forward movement - it just feels so hard. So there's no judgement from his side when Sunjata admits to having avoided the Grounds.

"I mean 's barely recognizable these days. Might not be as hard as ya think. But yer welcome to come visit me there too." Perhaps it would be more in line with traditional idioms to say 'always welcome', but given he has only just changed his mind on Sunjata's presence in the last hour, it would feel disingenuous. No matter how hopeful he is beginning to feel about all this.
Wake up, or you'll wake up six feet down
nobody's got your back in this town
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
temporary fleeting thrills, keep me bruised and make me ill
my skin has lavender tones
He knows what its like, to feel that shame and regret, and while Bart had the time since the war to blame the Flood for it, Sunjata had nobody else to blame but himself too. It’s a commonality they both share, one that he’s started to realize needs shifting. He can’t spend the rest of his life in anger over it, right? (He can, and he will still likely die angry over it). But he tries to follow Frey’s advice in making the pain hurt a little less each day, and despite how much pain the man that he holds gives him, Sunjata can’t help but think it’s still cauterizing something.

Send a letter when you decide to come and I’ll give you a tour.” He offers softly, trying to get the mood to lighten, only to wince slightly when Bart continues on, mentioning that it’s hardly recognizable – the entire reason he didn’t want to go brought to the surface. But the offer to see him there too is enough of a concession from how this conversation had started that Sunjata hums a little throaty sound, squeezes his shoulder again before withdrawing slightly, the glint of his wedding ring on his finger still glimmering in the dying sunlight.

He nods to Bart then back toward the party, flashing the other Wren a small pained smile. “I don’t know about you but I definitely need another drink.” A whole bottle to himself, maybe. And with that, he gives Bart little choice in the matter as he tugs his brother in law alongside him toward the party to get a few more offered drinks.

- FIN <333
the flood
tell me i'm a loaded gun, tie me up and come undone
i can cover it up, i can cover it up
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.