a candle's fire
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
they say that war is hell,
but true hell begins when the battle ends —
Rexanna agreed with Phoebe, but there was nothing more she could say about it. She had grieved, mourned, and moved on eventually. It did her little use to worry on it now – especially without the worry of it from being with Bastien. It wasn’t an issue for her for the time being, but she appreciated the concern from her friend over the things she had endured. When Phoebe pulled back and left her hands on her shoulders, Rexanna did the same with a small optimistic smile on her lips. “Exactly.” She answered with a quiet smile. “You would be the first to know!” She offered, because who else would she run to if she found out? Especially if whoever the father was didn’t know her history. She’d want to make sure it was a reality before telling another soul.

She was relieved, however, when Phoebe mentioned she wouldn’t tell anyone. But the next series of words have her a bit of pause, uncertain of whether or not it was something she wanted. Would it be necessary if there wasn’t even the possibility of children? And with Rexanna being with Bastien, there wasn’t the possibility of an unexpected one. But… on the other hand, if the option presented itself, she’d want to do everything she could to make sure it would work. After awhile of contemplating, she smiled to Phoebe – a bright genuine one.

I would like that very much. But you should know, the Ascended can’t… well, raise their flags so to speak.” She said with a quiet laugh. “At least without some kind of intervention.” She thought of Lucas when she said that, the only ascended she’d known to be able to have one, and she wasn’t certain if it was just him or what the circumstances were. “But if there were a chance and I were ready, I’d like to be as prepared as I could be.” She hummed quietly, thoughtfully, while squeezing Phoebe’s arm gently in thanks.
and you're the only one who's hands drip red.
the real war rages in your heart;
it always has.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I've been very hopeful so far
Now for the first time I think we're going wrong
Hurry up and tell me this is all a dream
Or could we start again, please?

Phoebe managed to laugh a little at that. "Well I would hope so! I am a midwife after all." she said with a grin. And she would be sure Rexanna was afforded every convenience she could offer...well...she would for any of her clients but Rex was special!

She tilted her head as her friend considered. She supposed to someone not versed in the craft, it probably sounded very serious. But really it was just some medicinal teas to increase health. She brightened up when Rex accepted...but inmediately turned red when she explained uh...Bastien's situation. Then she took pause. "Did Bastien know that beforehand? Because it doesn't seem like something he uh...would have chosen for himself..." He had started a sex cult after all...

"Well...if you really wanted children and he really cares for you as much as you say...I am certain he would let you pursue that." she said with a small smile. "So why don't we go back and I will get you set up?"
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
She gave her friend a bright smile and nodded, knowing she’d go nowhere else, for anything involving a pregnancy, other than Phoebe’s clinic. And he offer that the girl had given her to help was a welcome surprise as well, but one she was happy about regardless. And when she told Phoebe about Bastien’s situation, Rexanna audibly laughed. “I doubt it.” She said, quietly laughing at the idea. “The only other time I met an Ascended in that way was with Bastien’s own Masquerade. And well… He had no trouble at the time.” She managed to say before being overcome by a set of giggles. “It doesn’t bother him as much I don’t think. He’s become far more humble, more caring about people and how they view him.” She added, shoulders raising in a small shrug.

But Phoebe’s next set of words surprised her a bit. It wasn’t something she had thought of — namely because Rexanna was the jealous sort, and she hadn’t been with Bastien enough to learn if he was too. And if he was, ideally like her in that sense, there would be no way. However, if they did decide one day that it was something they wanted to do, Rexanna imagined she might be able to ask someone both Phoebe and she knew. Her head tilted contemplatively, but she nodded and began to follow Phoebe from the bridge back toward their homes for a quick stop at the clinic.

Perhaps if I wanted it had enough, Frey could help me?” She wondered, thoughtful and thinking of Safrin with Aoife. Perhaps if Frey intervened to help as well, they’d be able to ensure the safety of the child as well. In either case, it would be when Rexanna was ready. As of this moment, she didn’t think she would be for quite some time.
it always has.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe tilted her head to the side slightly as Rexanna spoke. Humble? Caring? Two words never in a million years that she would associate with Bastien. Probably never in two million. Probably not even if the gods threatened to smite her if she did not - and she had a really strong suspicion that it would never come to that anyways. But a small smile curved her lips as she looked at her friend. "Perhaps you are changing him for the better. You just might make a decent person out of him yet." she said with a light laugh.

That light laugh turned into a slightly fuller laugh as Rex mentioned Frey might help. "Oh I am positive Frey would be more than happy to see you blessed with children. When I saw them last, everywhere they stepped bloomed with new life and they gave Emmett some leaves that if eaten apparently guarantee conception." she said, the little bit of brightness that had begun to show through dampening a bit. That was when she had thought her and Emmett would remain together for a long time to come. But...this wasn't about her. It was about Rex. "I think they would be very pleased to be asked to help...though you might end up with demigod children depending on their mood." she said almost teasingly.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
They began to walk, and she smiled to her friend as she mentioned she might change Bastien. She didn’t find much wrong with him to begin with, but she knew his need for dramatics and sometimes less than honest opinions, and wondered if those things would change – if he’d be more considerate of the things he did if he knew how it effected those around him. But as Rexanna spoke of Frey helping in the regards of children, she smiled to Phoebe as her laugh grew brighter, bigger almost. Happy to be able to bring small joy to her friend.

Oh? They did?” She questioned as they walked, wondering what kind of leaves those were and how she should probably stay away from them. The idea of them being enchanted in a way was far beyond her thought process as Phoebe piped up with a quip of demigods. Rexanna’s head shifted quickly to Phoebe with a surprised look on her face, one mixed with possible concern. “Is that even possible?” She questioned with an almost nervous tone.

The more she thought on it, however, the more she realized it probably was a possibility, and one she’d likely have to be cautious of. But on the other hand, would they work harder to ensure the safety of said child? It was much to take in, and her brows furrowed over the thoughts before she pushed it aside – besides, it wasn’t like it was happening right now. Why should she need to dwell on it. “Could you imagine that?” She questioned, finally uttering a quiet laugh at the idea.
it always has.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe nodded in response. "Yes. Though, if buried in a field they will grant a fruitful harvest so...I've a feeling that's what he used them for." she said with a bit of a sigh to back on the topic of Emmett and all the problems there. Then again she had been the one to bring it up so it was her own fault.

"Demigods? I would assume so. I mean...if they weren't why would there be stories or myths of them?" she asked with a light shrug. The thought of them didn't really bother her at all. The likelihood that such a thing would come to pass seemed fairly slim to none anyways. She had meant it more as a joke.

Phoebe tilted her head to the side. "It would be interesting. I wonder if they would just be...super human or if they would actually have godlike powers." she said and shrugged a bit.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She hoped the topic of Emmett wouldn’t be a sore spot for long, hoping that Phoebe could figure it out or move on quickly from him, knowing that she deserved someone that treated her well. But the sigh that she gave after explaining it could be used for a harvest caused Rexanna to nod solemnly – uncertain if he’d hold onto it on the off chance he did plan on having children. After what had happened to his family, though… She wondered if it was a sore spot at all. Perhaps he had put them in a room and hid them away for the time being – deciding against using them at all for the time being.

But the topic of demigods captured Rexanna’s attention yet again, and as Phoebe spoke of stories of them and myths, her brows furrowed together slightly. “My old home had no tangible gods, we had no stories of demigods, but the topic is really interesting.” She said with a quiet chuckle. “I’d be really interested to find out!” She looked to Phoebe with a small grin while they walked. “Though not personally, preferably.” She shrugged but laughed at the idea again.

Do you think, if Frey were to have a child, that it would be the most beautiful person you’ve ever seen?” She questioned, thinking about how Frey tended to appear and how the differences in it’s appearance would change with a child. Would it be simply incredibly stunning? Built in as opposed to a glamour like her gift from Frey? It was an interesting topic, and somehow deep down she wanted to find out.
it always has.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

"We didn't either, just very powerful mages." Phoebe said, a bit glad to hear that her world wasn't the only one that lacked deities of such power. "But some of them I suppose were storied to have godlike power...and we revered our heroes almost like ones...But I bet if any, Safrin might have the answer to the demigod question. She seemed rather like she did not mind answering questions when I met her." she said with a smile. Perhaps Safrin would be willing to answer that. Seeing as they were both from worlds without gods, it was a curious thing...would a coupling of a deity and mortal lead to such a mixture that would create a demigod? Or would they just be one or the other? Or were they so different that they were just wholly incompatible?

As usual, there were more questions than answers when if came to the gods.

The domiciles were coming back into view, so they would be getting close to her clinic now so Phoebe could prep her friend some remedies. "I can't imagine any child with the same blood as a god could be anything less than gorgeous." she said with a small smile. "But with Frey it is hard to tell I think, because their appearance shifts...I more wonder after their personalities. Would they be just like their parent deity? Or would they more compliment them? Or would they be completely different?" Phoebe mused aloud.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
Her brows furrowed slightly when Phoebe spoke, mentioning powerful mages as the image painted in her mind. “Hmm.” She responded briefly, wondering if they could wield magic like she could now upon entering here – and what that might mean in comparison to the shift from there to here. But Phoebe continued to speak, mentioning that some of them had godlike power which intrigued her, too. She had lived in places where people considered themselves chosen by the gods – and more often than not, those were the most corrupt. But she mentioned Safrin next, and her head shifted toward her blond friend with interest.

I’ve never met Safrin, I’ve only ever met Frey.” She said quietly, contemplatively. “I have heard good things about her though, I wish to meet her and Ludo one day I think.” She pondered thoughtfully, thinking of the flowers growing in her garden that she had planted and chosen to give to them for their thanks and protection – specifically the ones for Frey to thank them for the gift they had given her.

But then she had poised the question of a demigod from Frey, and her eyes shifted to the street as they walked and she listened. And when Phoebe had finished her thought, Rexanna became overcome by a series of giggles. “Imagine.” She paused, huffing in her laughter. “A rebellious child of Frey.” She began to finally catch her breath as she looked back to Phoebe. “What an interesting idea.” She smiled, widely, hoping perhaps her laughter might have infected Phoebe too.
it always has.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

"Safrin is lovely." Phoebe said with a smile. "Though...she might be a bit dubious in your choice of men. Bastien insulted her. But other than that I think she seems the...safest of all the deities. Her blessing helped me survive Long Night." she explained. "And Ludo...I only met once and they think I am stupid. But they are also a trickster so if you do meet them be careful.". For a moment, she realized how...unexpected it was for her to discuss the deities. She had been so terrified of Frey upon first pass, and now she spoke of them all with a semblence of knowledge. It was an outcome she could not have predicted.

The thought of a rebellious child of Frey made Phoebe snicker. "Imagine a child of Frey being a prude." she said, hiding her laughter behind a hand. "Everytime Frey removes a layer of clothing, two more appear." The thought was ludicrous but hilarious all the same.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
Rexanna snickered in response to Phoebe with a small nod. “I plan on going alone whenever I do meet them.” She mentioned with a quiet ending chuckle. “Precaution, you know.” She winked to her friend as they continued. But as the revelation that Safrin’s blessing helped Phoebe survive Longnight, she nodded, thankful that something had intervened to keep her friend here despite what all had happened that terrible time.

But Phoebe mentioned Ludo, and Rexanna nodded to that as well – willing to take any kind of suggestions when it came to meeting the gods. She had absolutely no idea when it came to meeting Frey what to expect, but if she could gather an idea of what she could see with the others, she’d take any boon she could get. And despite everything that Phoebe thought of herself, she found it very helpful that the girl knew so much about the gods and could be a valuable source of information in that regard. Even if she didn’t think of herself very high, Rexanna thought of her as a good and wonderful friend, someone she couldn’t imagine what it would be like without her around.

The conversation shifted to Frey, however, and she laughed at the image that Phoebe painted in her mind. “Oh gods!” She laughed louder now. “If that were the case, I don’t imagine that the demi god would be around for very long.” She shrugged with a small snicker. “Or maybe get put into a bootcamp of sorts.” She grinned.
it always has.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe smiled and nodded her approval. Good idea to leave Bastien home when visiting deities he had offended. "If you wish, I would be happy to go with you when you do visit Safrin." she said with a small smile. Some people would feel more at ease going to do something like visiting a goddess with someone who had done so before. Rexanna was very independent though, and may just prefer to do so on her own. Either way, the offer stood.

She laughed lightly as Rex did, the image of a prudish demigod, child of Frey, danced in her mind's eye. "Or Frey would simply continue to do as they do and out-patience them and turn everything back how they wanted it." Phoebe said with a light laugh. Frey did seemed tuned into people's natures though. They might just find a way to use the prudishness against them. But again, this was all conjecture. Just for fun and probably entirely impossible - improbable at the absolute best.

She opened the door to the clinic as they arrived and let Rexanna through. "Make yourself comfy. I will prepare you some supplements."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
She nodded to Phoebe when she mentioned accompanying her to visit Safrin. She wasn’t certain she would need it, per say, but having the option there was wonderful regardless. To know she had someone at her back for whatever came her way and decisions she made, made it easier to withstand the constant changes in the world she found herself in. She also didn’t know how to repay Phoebe for it, but being her friend and there for her whenever she needed it seemed like a good start – a start they had already begun to stroll down.

But she laughed as Phoebe mentioned Frey would out-patience them, and she agreed. Imagining how long it might go on, kept the smile on her face as she imagined it going on for hours, possibly closer to an entire day. Again, it wasn’t likely to happen, but Rexanna enjoyed the idea of imagining things to make the time go by easier (after all, there wasn’t a whole lot to do here in Caido at the moment anyway so what difference did it truly make?)

Soon enough, they were at the clinic and Phoebe opened the door for her and told her to make herself comfy, to which Rexanna bobbed her head and slipped inside to settle nearby where she imagined Phoebe would prepare the supplements to make it easier for conversation should the girl wish it. “I do appreciate you doing this for me, Phoebe.” She said quietly, settling in a chair and letting her sapphire gaze slip toward the blond girl.
it always has.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe smiled a little as Rexanna settled down on a couch near her medicine cabinet. "Of course! I am more than happy to." she said, as she considered everything she had and what would be most helpful to her. Some remedies were more complicated and required special timing. Others simply had bad side effects that were too fiddly to mess with unless Rex had been trying to conceive for some time and failing to do so. Nothing like that was necessary. She just needed something keep her healthy and well and prepared, so when the time came she would ready to go.

Settling on a few ingredients she carefully prepped a few sachets of tea, pulverising the dried red clover, chaste tree berries, and cinnamon and packing the mixture into small diffusing packets. She also prepared a small bottle of evening primrose oil, then brought the bag of goods over to Rex to see. "This is what you will do: boil some water before bed then let one packet steep in a cup overnight. In the morning add a teaspoon of honey and a drop or two of this oil. It has a rather strong, medicinal flavor I am afraid but the cinnamon and honey will help a bit. Oh, and if you have any cramping or anything during your menstrual period you can take a few extra drops of the oil, it will help with that." she said.