naughty or nice
For Wessex
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
lucas
please allow me to introduce myself
Gods but did Lucas miss his penthouse apartment. To stand at night before the large glass windows, surveying a glittering city in the rain... it had been bliss and he had squandered it. Now his penthouse was this... shack thing, he supposed, and his windows just holes in the stone for the most part.

Still, at least it wasn't Deepfrost any longer he supposed, and he was feeling stronger day by day. Not least because he knew where he stood with the Voice and they were going to work together to own this damned world.

Given the darkness, Lucas was much more active than he tended to be in the day - as night fell, he readied himself for his usual nocturnal wanderings. Normally he ended up in the Rathskeller sooner or later, but he liked to meander through his cage first, a prowling tiger unable to hunt in earnest.

Wessex
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

Seems he’s forgetting a teammate, isn’t he? Or does the Outlander think so highly of himself that he doesn’t realize there are others like him out there? Others with a mission from their Mother.

Wessex, sometimes more animal than human, uses smell to track him down. Covered in leather, she moves silently through the world, leaping from roof to roof, unseen, and unheard. Night has fallen, and the Ascended learned early on that people rarely look up. So when she finds where Lucas lives, Wessex comes to the ground and, like any normal person, knocks on his door three times, as if it were something she does every day. Of course, she doesn’t know his name, his background, or what his deal is, but if they are both bright ones, she has a feeling he’ll be keen to hear her out.

Just as keen as she is to get to know him. The Ascended, she’s learning, are far more exciting and devious than the rest of Caido - except for Sam. Sam is always the outlier.

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
lucas
Just as Lucas reached for the door handle, so he could let himself out into the night, it... knocked at him. The Ascended arched an eyebrow, still frozen with his hand almost on the door, wondering who on earth either knew where he lived or cared. He had not done anything to cultivate visitors, so far as he knew, and if he found out Caido apparently had door-to-door salesmen he was going to drink the poor sap dry and throw him in a ditch somewhere.

In fact, it was almost a disappointment when he opened the door to find Wessex there instead, though it didn't last for long. He tilted his head at her, recognising intuitively the stature and carriage of a fellow Ascended. A slow smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "To what do I owe this pleasure?" he inquired.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

She wouldn’t be offended if he’s disappointed to find her standing there instead of, say, some luscious redhead with a honeyed tongue and penchant for teeth-given orgasms. She is, after all, sexless to most and unaccustomed to fueling herself from others. Their powers may be handy, but she supposes she’s a bit of a purist right now… the rush of energy that comes from their Mother is almost addictive. And she is rather past the ‘fuck everything that moves’ stage of life.

Nevertheless, she corner of her own mouth quirks up a bit. “Business, not pleasure. I’m Wessex.” She extends a hand for a brief greeting and then withdraws it efficiently. “I’ve only come to say that things are happening and the Ascended are gathering. Be ready. You will be needed.” Where she might have turned on her heels and left, Wessex pauses, giving the man before her a once-over. It allows the space for questions, comments, concerns, insults… hell, for whatever.

She can’t quite put her finger or her analysis on why this one calls to her more than some of the others, and that questioning in and of itself is rather… infuriating to someone so fiercely, savagely, logical.

WESSEX
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
lucas
Business, not pleasure. I'm Wessex.

The razor edge of her logic and the sharp points to her words were more appealing to Lucas than most of the interactions he'd had since come to this place. (Disregarding luscious redheads with honeyed tongues, of course). His smile grew, and he accepted the offered hand to give it a curt, businesslike shake before releasing it again.

"Lucas," he supplied in return, his green eyes lighting up almost hungrily at the message she delivered. "Walk with me?"

While it wasn't really a request, he liked to make it sound like it had been, stepping out of the house and clicking the door shut, before setting off into the night. Assuming she had followed, Lucas began to talk. "Things are happening and I will be needed, you say? Care to expand on that, or is it supposed to be a surprise?"
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

Wessex is as equally relieved to find Lucas receptive to her no-nonsense manner. After giving his hand an equally firm and brief shake, she nods and steps aside to allow him to pass through the doorway and into the night. Where they will go doesn’t really matter, but she allows him to dictate the path. “Mmm,” she says, “Yes.” A vague gesture is thrown in the direction of the ever-present Spire, visible to their eyes, and perhaps their eyes only. “I visited The Voice recently and She said we would all need to enter The Spire together when the time comes. Seems like a ‘Team Ascended’ kind of thing, but she was vague on the specifics.”

Out of slight curiosity and also the order to get to know her fellows, Wessex goes out on a bit of  limb. “What’s your story?”  

WESSEX
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
lucas
Where they went mattered little to Lucas, too, though as Wessex gestured towards the Spire the Ascended found himself naturally beginning to meander towards its parameters. Why not, when apparently it was to be the subject of the conversation? He arched a curious eyebrow at hearing she had spoken with the Voice - if their purposes had not been aligned before, they certainly were now.

"Indeed," he mused quietly. "Team Ascended, you say? I don't think any of us are team players, much as we might be kin." Letting out a dark chuckle, he shrugged at her question. "I was a fallen angel," he said, wondering if that was an easier way to phrase it than 'the fucking devil himself'. "This is rather a step down, but the Voice was quite forthcoming when mentioning the rewards to be had. You?"
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:

“Hardly,” she says with a snort. “Part of why they’re all afraid of us. Too independent. Ambitious. Strong.” They fear what they do not know, the alien and the anti-family group. She shrugs. They meander along.

Considering they don’t really have fallen angels in Caido, Wessex can only give him a curious look when he delivers the phrase as if she should know what it means, though her brow noticeably rises when he mentions that being an Ascendant is a step down. “A step down? You must have enjoyed a lot of power,” she muses, not sure whether to believe him or not. It doesn’t really matter whether she does or doesn’t, only that they can work together and deliver when the time comes. As long as he’s more useful than Sam, she’s fine with him.

As for rewards... “Born and raised here. Died at the Spire. Resurrected. Now I have nothing left to lose.” Not really. Unless you count… no, no. She’s not going there. Wessex has nothing left to lose, “And I want to get out of this goddamn cage.”

If only she knew the irony of a resurrected woman walking beside the ‘actual fucking devil.’

WESSEX
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:
lucas
"I enjoyed a truly obscene amount of power," Lucas agreed, his tone a mix of pleased and wistful, since that power was so obviously gone from his fingertips these days. "Still, if the sheep are afraid of us and we do well for the lady Voice, there is nothing to say that I won't regain something of my lost status." He damned well planned to, given the choice.

Arching an eyebrow at the clearly unusual parts of her story - died at the Spire. Resurrected - Lucas smirked at her but resisted his own curiosity to ask for more details. If he was walking with the living dead, well... that meant that death was not so permanent as some might make it seem.

"Getting out of the cage sounds good to me, too. This, I daresay, might well be the start of something good." Good for whom was anyone's guess.