fire and gold
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Jude
Do you love me like that?
If I keep on driving
Loathe as he is to have her hand move away it doesn't go far, and it allows him to tilt his head to look at her as they weather the ups and downs of a conversation neither of them had likely anticipated to turn out this way. And yet, despite that and all of the tangled emotions in his chest, Jude is proud of how they persist and put words to their emotions when it would be so easy not to.

She may not have considered it, but given his mother is Frey's demigoddess polyamory and open relationships were explained as thoroughly as monogamy to him growing up. "If you've never thought about it before you don't have to decide how you feel about it now either," he reassures, though he doesn't exactly want her to change her mind either. "It's really complicated to make work since it's like...a regular relationship times three. The creation of it is probably just as hard." Double the communication, chemistry, fights, and don't even get him started on sex.

Sohalia's sudden forthrightness pretty much causes Jude to have starry eyes, always impressed by her certainty and the heart she wears so plainly on her sleeve. It makes him smile, almost giddy, despite the topic. "I love you too. And I feel the exact same way." Even if they did somehow, someway, have another partner, it would be an addition on top of his love for her at best. Nothing could minimize, take, or trade away his devotion to her.
Would you hold me when we crash?
Or would you let me go?
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
There is love inside this madness
We are walking on the moon
It was fair to say that she didn't have to decide now, and with reassurance that they were at least on the same page about other partners, she was alright with that. It was certainly not a concept that she wanted to rush headlong into, anyway, and it all seemed like a moot point when they were content to just be with each other. More than content, really - happy. Soh, at least, was blissfully happy every time she was in Jude's arms: safe, loved, protected from the world outside their little bubble. That was enough for her.

She smiled into Jude's eyes, leaning up to kiss him, lingering with her lips against his for a moment before pulling back. "Well," she said with a small laugh. "What a conversation to come home to." Home - she said it without a second thought, but it was the truth. Home was wherever Jude was, and Soh was loathe to consider what the end of summer would mean. More and more, she wished that he could just come back to Stormbreak with her, or that she could stay in Torchline with him. Even running away together, escaping both their responsibilities, was looking more attractive by the day.

But now was not the time for sadness, not when she could be here, lying in Jude's arms, present in the current moment in a way that only he could make her feel.
Though I don't believe in magic
I believe in me and you
Sohalia
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Jude
Do you love me like that?
If I keep on driving
When she doesn't say anything further on the matter Jude lolls his head backwards into the arm of the couch, letting it support his neck as he smiles silently down at her where she lays comfortably on his chest. First adult conversation about their relationship? Success.

"We never seem to do things the ordinary way," he agrees, though it's clear from his smile that Jude has zero qualms with that. He doesn't even think twice at hearing her call this place home - to him, it is her home. They practically already have practice living together given she has taken the summer to stay in Torchline and they share a bed nightly. It seems fast but with a concrete foundation of friendship to guide them, it feels equally natural. Easy.

"Nap with me?" he murmurs, not wanting to let her go but feeling the tiredness set in after so long without her and simultaneously being subjected to intense public scrutiny. "I haven't slept the same while you've been gone." Which is something he doesn't want to think about given how quickly summer is dwindling away.
Would you hold me when we crash?
Or would you let me go?
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
There is love inside this madness
We are walking on the moon
"The ordinary way?" she said with a dramatic gasp. "Perish the thought." She grinned up at him adoringly. She had no qualms about the way their relationship was going; on the contrary, it was as easy as breathing, being with Jude. She'd never imagined that love would feel like this, but now that they were here, she couldn't imagine anything but this.

"I'll always nap with you," she told him. Especially after they'd been apart. She'd grown used to falling asleep in his embrace, and not having that in Halo had made sleep difficult. She'd tossed and turned each night, trying to get comfortable, missing his familiar warmth. "I couldn't sleep without you, either." So she laid her head on his chest, wriggled to get comfortable, and sighed happily. She hadn't realized how tired she'd been until just now. "Love you," she murmured sleepily. And she was asleep before she could hear him say it back.

-FIN-
Though I don't believe in magic
I believe in me and you
Sohalia