landmarks in frost
Deciding Regional Assets
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Deimos

New decisions to be made ensured Deimos set foot into the council hall – even if it was something he frequently avoided. Several people’s eyes widened as he strode by, given his rarity in the threshold, and he purposefully avoided several rooms that harkened memories of years past, long strides sweeping down hallways until he came to the designated meeting area.

He was the last to arrive, but only due to sending several other missives and dealing with a soldier who’d fallen off the climbing wall, proceeding into the open space, table, and chairs with a nod to each of his constituents. Snagging an empty seat, he snagged at his notebook and charcoal, ready to discuss amidst his brethren on how next to improve their region. The deep rumble of his tones intended to set the motion alight, notes ready to be taken if necessary, addressing both Evie and Noah in all their sagacity and wisdom. “All right. What were you thinking?” The Sword had his own thoughts, of course, but it would be interesting to see how all of theirs aligned.
you're all bronze and bite
all venom and fistfight
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Online
Change author:
MP: 1005
noah
I feel the pages turning, I see the candle burning down before my eyes
Meetings with Deimos and Evie were not the worst thing that the hunter had to endure. An advisor to them was much different than other roles he had played on Halo's council. While he still heard a great deal of issues and complaints from the citizens of the frozen territory, he was not the main face like he was as the public relations liaison he had been for Morgan. Evie seemed to do the best with that role anyways, with her deeper compassion than either of her male compatriots. Thankfully the trio were quite effecient, and even when they didn't see eye to eye they had a depth of relationship enough to discuss their way to a solution. Thus, he didn't groan when he made his way to the table as he might have in the past.

"It's the height of Longheat, which means this is our best time of year for construction opportunities." Noah shifted in his chair some, leaning back against the padded leather. He folded his hands and set them on the great table, looking between the Evergreen and the Resurrected Sword. Although it was perpetually cold in Halo, this season was the best time for its members to be out. The days were longer and warmer than any other season. "It's also a time of plenty for almost everyone, which means that gathering resources outside of the Citadel can potentially pose the least amount of threat than Leafchange."

Then the Sentinel waited for input, or further ideas.

code by odd
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Evie
Happy to sit with Noah in the council hall until Deimos joins them, the Evergreen takes the opportunity to finish some paperwork in companionable silence with the Sentinel until she hears Deimos' boots at the entrance of the building. Or, rather, Micah does - rosette ears rising first, then his head. Evie's swivels in synchronized tandem before she even knows why, the tug in the bond alerting her before all else. As such, when Deimos' figure shadows the doorway, she is already smiling his way in greeting and neatly setting aside her papers.

It's straight to business, which is a shame though not unexpected. She will have to steal a hello kiss later. Pulling out a different notepad, Evie preps her own pen (ink, as opposed to Deimos' preference for graphite and charcoal) and listens attentively as Noah starts them off.

"In my eyes, we have one of the best established barracks out of all the regions, and rather well-developed militaristic defenses. While I don't want to ignore the potential for training, Noah is right that the weather is best now for resource gathering." Tapping one of the lines on her page mostly out of habit, Evie lifts her gaze and darts it between the two men. "Hadama also informed me there is a secondary King in Torchline now. I asked to meet with him next week so we could converse first, but I think resource gathering could be vital this season because of how it could inspire talks with the other leaders." While she is close with Hadama, it would be nice to arrange negotiations and trades in her politically-minded outlook. "Things are changing swiftly in the other lands, it would be good to get involved early even if we remain politically neutral." Because frankly Evie would like to see them stay that way; alliances where none had been before did not bode well in her mind. Caido had existed without them for years, why start now? Trade alone would be beneficial enough.
Let's stray, start a revolution
We'll change - treat each other like humans
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos

The Sword was an apt listener, and given his Outlander tendencies, always eager to learn and snag from his Natural constituents. While always of a sound, military mind, based on how he’d been raised from infancy, experiences in defenses, and war itself, he’d always quickly gravitate to ensuring their protection was adhered to.

But there were other resources ready, so he nodded, tucking away the notions. “I see no issue in gathering resources,” glancing at both of them, intending to see if either were shocked by the insinuation; but he was clever, and he knew how skilled their compatriots already were. “May I suggest a sort of rotation system, depending on the season?” That way each had an opportunity – whatever needs should arise.

Jotting down other inflections in information gathering, his eyes flicked back to Evie at the Torchline news. “Who else now leads?” And what would it mean, in the grand scheme of things?

As far as politics and neutrality, where there was no common enemy nowadays, Deimos was also content to not pick and choose over other lands. Besides, there were other notions curling and contorting about. Turning his attention to Noah, he pondered over the range of particulars of across borders and long-held plans. “Any changes to the Grounds or Stormbreak?”
all venom and fistfight
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
noah
With Evie’s input, Noah was sure that Deimos would push against it. He couldn’t help the way the corner of his mouth teased a smirk as he looked between the fiery woman and the shadowed man, ready to hear an argument back and forth. To Noah’s surprise, none came. Lifting a brow, Noah’s face twisted into some form of agreement and amusement. He let the others take notes, but verbally agreed to a rotation. ”It will also keep them from getting bored and rioting.” Noah half-joked, chuckling a little.

”As far as I know, both lands are still without leaders.” Noah said. ”To be honest with both of you, I think Halo has the most power right now.” Even as Evie gave them information on a new leader in Torchline, Noah held his position. ”Torchline is not a place that wants to wage war — there is enough trouble in their own streets and canals to occupy their leadership for a long time. Stormbreak’s dragoons are there only holding the city together, and with no commander I doubt they’re ready to strike on anyone.” All of this to say, that the world was at peace for now.

his spine straightened as he began to share something with them he was still unsure how he felt in regards to it. ”Vi has told me that the Hollowed Grounds could benefit from my help. Hotaru suggested I act as a liaison between the gods and the people, and maybe even help them quest to enrich their lands to help them prosper.” He shifted a little bit again, and the discomfort was easy to see on his face. ”I don’t want to leave Halo, please hear that. But I also have a responsibility to follow what Vi has for me. If we focus on gathering resources, it is possible that we can use what we gather to help our own people as well as those within the Grounds.”

code by odd
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
Noah's brow lifts, and Evie's eyes go a bit wide, because neither of them was prepared for that answer clearly. Lips twitching hard with the desire to smile unprofessionally and derail this entire conversation with teasing, Evie reigns it in for the sake of their busy lives. It could wait until she and Deimos were back home at the very least.

Conceding to Noah's point with a tilt of her head and a grin, she re-consults her notes and begins circling portions and scrawling in the margins as they both speak until it is her turn. "I think a rotating system will work well, especially so we can coordinate certain tasks to certain seasons - like now." And, in regards to Torchline, that is the only realm Evie has any insight to. "Hadama said his name was Harper Quinn, and called him a good friend. I've not met him before, but I've heard of him." Mostly through Melita and general talk of the council members when visiting the region.

Noah, on the other hand, has more insight into Stormbreak and the Grounds. Evie gestures gently with her hand to reassure him when he expresses his last point, smiling softly. "Don't worry, we understand. And if that is what Vi commands, perhaps we can help them as Wardens to aid your mission." Glancing at Deimos to see if he feels the same. Even if sharing their resources was not on the table, they could start by visiting more frequently to ascertain the current status of the land before making a decision.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

Pleased he could still surprise his constituents, he leaned back in his chair with an idle, unexplained smirk; inwardly preening. Truth be told, the Sword was confident in his soldiers. They’ve proven themselves during war, and they’d do it again under circumstances; but it would also give them a chance to breathe without him constantly barking orders. “Maybe further, advanced training can be implemented towards Deepfrost.” A majority of them wouldn’t be able to snag at their natural resources during that time anyway, based on how their land was. The skyport was handy – but only for advancing away from the Citadel.

His eyes widened and he returned to his notebook as soon as Evie proclaimed who the latest leader of Torchline was. “I know him,” came along a small smile, jotting down the name. “Clever, a little flair for the dramatic,” for he’d watched the man somersault off rafters and beams. “Devoted to Safrin.” So there’d be the continual pattern there – and no, the Warden wasn’t worried about their potential for war in the collective either.

Stormbreak having nothing in the works was a great deal more irritating, mainly because of their other goals in Abandoned influence. But his attention meandered straight to Noah’s mission from Vi, and though neither of them would dispute it, it only seemed to put more on the Sentinel’s plate. He presumed Evie still felt an air of kinship for the Grounds, and Deimos would always foster a connection into the sector, even if he chiefly avoided it for years. “Let us know how we can be of use to you.” Halo's people would come first, but they all knew how much the Hollowed portions had suffered, time after time after time.
all venom and fistfight
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
His preening is blatantly obvious; Evie has to bite the tip of her tongue to withhold a giggle, though she can’t fight the smile even after trying valiantly. It’s best to let him talk while she contains herself, and though she’s a little surprised he knows the man she had named, Evie has long since accepted that Deimos is strangely well-known throughout Caido despite his insistence that he is anti-social.

With Deimos following in her wake to offer aid to Noah, Evie returns her attention to her meticulous notes. “Okay so we’ll coordinate resource gathering as soon as possible, and I’ll mark down training for Deepfrost. Next season we can determine where we stand, and make a scheduled pattern from there.” Her pen scribbles away in time with her tongue, all business as she considers who can be counted on for the gathering of elements and how to best corral them in the same time and place. Glancing back up she smiles at them both. “We’ll likely have to meet each season in case things change but it’ll make things faster if they’re merely formalities.”
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

Nodding at Evie's insinuations about upcoming meetings, and waiting for Noah’s input, preening aside, there were some other news and notions to bring to light. “I had a discussion with Safrin recently,” moments beforehand – truly – and let his gaze flicker back and forth between the other pair on his council. “She mentioned she would like to be considered for the next regional quest,” and they could fill in their own sentiments as to why. Deimos had his presumptions based on her influence, power, and tendencies alone, but she was also mercurial, and he wasn’t about to guess anything associated with the herald. “She had some ideas for the darkness during the colder months, such as small fires made of stars out in the tundra, or constellations overhead, to ensure any who were lost could find their way back to the Citadel.” Leaving that along the table for back and forth, he’d done exactly as he promised.
all venom and fistfight
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
noah
"Thank you." Was the only response Noah could give to the support of his Wardens. It was sincere, and if he had any tangible ways he had planned to help the Hollowed Grounds now, he might give up some information. But at this moment he had nothing. Noah had no further comments on the focus of their people, so nodded and simply took his notes. When Deimos brought up Safrin, however, the Sentinel of the North lifted his head.

"Frey was chosen to seek aid for the people of Halo because of Frey's more lenient view towards the ascended." Noah's jaw feathered. "The people voted for them to be who was sought when Morgan originally brought it up. Perhaps its something we could consider again -- letting the people decide which deity we seek." Personally, Noah was more ready to go to Safrin than to Frey. He had nothing against the dualistic herald of nature and sex (having followed them before Vi), but Safrin was his patron god's herald. His loyalty would naturally shift to her.

code by odd
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
The conversation swiftly turns to Safrin on both ends, and Evie is left quiet and slightly frowning, considering. She has great respect for Safrin and certainly doesn't disagree with the notion of seeking her aid, had even considered seeking the herald out on a personal level at her next visit to a shrine. But something still makes her a little hesitant.

"I think we can definitely ask for her aid next time, especially if she showed interest in a plan of her own." That part makes her hesitate, but it's an old, leftover wariness from her days of solitude and bitter hatred for the silence of the gods. "I think asking the people who they would like to follow is the best course of action, though I think stabilizing the environment is precisely Frey's domain which is what we have primarily been concerned with." Or at least that is how she has always seen it - seeking out the herald whose talents were best suited for Halo's improvements. "But we have made large strides in stabilizing the region environmentally, so maybe now is the perfect time to reconsider who - if anyone - we should devote ourselves to." Personally she doesn't see an issue with asking for help from all of them in alternating seasons, but she has yet to even pick a herald for herself. She is quite the odd man out even in their trio because of that, but maybe it provides her with a more neutral outlook. "Maybe a meeting is in order?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos

Predecessors had chosen Frey – and Deimos could understand why. Considering Morgan’s ‘neutral’ stance, when it was anything but, and the appeal towards weather dynamics, the foundation of Frey’s Nature aspect had made sense for Halo. But as it stood now? Things could change – depending on the people. “We can hold a meeting and a vote,” and he nodded towards both of his cohorts. It would be intriguing to see where other citizens stood – and where changes and alterations could be coincided and conceived.

From there, their discussion could persist until it ultimately waned, and they were permitted to extend these opportunities and notions out into Halo.

{FIN}
all venom and fistfight