Cheeky Peek
Open (Tech Thread)
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien
Done my time and served my sentence
Dress me up and watch me die
If it feels good, tastes good
It must be mine

The Voice had given him a gift, and Bastien intended to use it.

He had not actually seen the barrier for himself; he had always been content to hear the tales of those who ventured out to it and leave the actual discovery of his own for later. There had always been more interesting things going on inside Sanctuary, Goddesses and cults and romances and arguments. A creepy wall hardly seemed important.

But being able to see through it? When hardly anyone else could? Well, now it was a privilege. He had hurried to the Outskirts immediately after seeing The Voice, eager to look beyond the barrier and spread the news of what he saw to all (and to tell Rexanna, whom he assumed would never receive such a gift from the Gods, as an Abandoned).

If it was dangerous, this did not occur to him.

Eventually he was at the barrier, standing eagerly before it and looking out at what was out there.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
EVIE
"Careful!"

Evie's voice rings out in a pure tone across the barren grounds. Where everything else is starting to bud and become green once more, the outskirts, as normal, remain an ugly and stark brown. Evie is out while the night is crisp to collect some tangleweed. It's completely useless in terms of actual healing, but of course Evie doesn't need real medical ingredients. She has magic for that. She just needs the illusion of it.

"Are you mad? You can't be that close to the barrier." She adds after a moment, halting where she is and crossing her arms. If this idiot is going to go get himself killed, she will have said that she told him so, but she will absolutely not be running after him.
Please don't
ever become a strange whose
laugh
I could recognize anywhere
coding by sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Bastien
It must be mine
Outside the barrier, he saw life.

Thriving plants, lush greens and deer...a scene straight out of a pastoral painting, something gorgeous and a far cry from the often dreary town he was now stuck in. He could not see any people but plenty of wildlife, strange lights bouncing through the branches and air. Bastien found himself entirely transfixed, noticing how the deer were turning to look at him as if they could see him looking out; maybe they could, like a double mirror--

"Aah!" Bastien jumped back away from the sudden voice with an undignified flail of his arms. He had been so wrapped up in the world outside he had not at all noticed Evie approach.

Trying to recover from the embarrassment swiftly creeping up the back of his neck, he folded his arms and assuredly told her: "It is not a danger for me, Signora. I have been gifted by The Voice. I can see through this barrier."

If the gift had meant to be a secret, that had not occurred to him.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
EVIE
"Well, whether or not you can see through it, you still shouldn't be that close." Evie replied with a pointed frown and raised brow.

The mention of the Voice makes her pause and see Bastien in a new light though. An ascended? What a shame. He was a bit cute. But now knowing he was a cold weird blood-drinking thing like her twin? Ugh. No thank you.

But that didn't mean Evie wasn't a teensy bit curious.

"So...what's out there then? What do you even see?"
Please don't
laugh
coding by sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien
It must be mine
"It hasn't hurt me yet." Bastien pointed out, but took a few steps back from the barrier. Not that he was worried or scared, of course not. Merely to stop Evie from being concerned.

She seemed to be upset by something, Bastien noting the changes in her approach to him. He couldn't imagine what it was, though. The fact it might be his Ascension did not come to him as he thought of it only as something admirable, desirable.

"I see life." He informed her, gesturing outside the barrier. "Animals, trees...the most wonderful dancing lights. It looks beautiful, a pastoral paradise to put this town to shame." Bastien looked out at the scene again and sighed: perhaps a little dramatically, but he did truly find it beautiful and was wistful he could not go.

"I have a deal with a wonderful lady to explore out there, when it is open to us. I cannot wait."
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
EVIE
"Dancing lights?" Evie repeated, curiosity blooming in her blue eyes. "Like...real lights? As if someone is holding them? Or is it like..magic?"

Evie noticed the way this man slid in a casual mention of another woman, and took it as the hint that it probably was. It wasn't even like she'd been flirting or anything. Prude? Or chivalrous? Well, she supposed it didn't matter.

Especially if he was an ascended.

"When, huh? You must be an outlander then if you're that optimistic."
Please don't
laugh
coding by sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien
It must be mine
"I could not say. It is unlike anything else I have seen, and I am not used to all the magic in this world." What the lights most reminded him of was myths of fairies, but that sounded silly and he was unsure Evie would know what he meant anyway. "There is no one holding them. They seem to dance and fly on their own."

He had simply mentioned Rexanna because he was happy to be with her and wanted to share the news, wanted everyone to know how outrageously lucky he was. If he noticed Evie's pause at the words he did not acknowledge it.

"Well. When, if. I have all of eternity to wait now, yes?" Bastien shrugged, knowing that his Ascension meant he had longer than most. Though...he really would need to find a way to turn Rexanna, anyone else he cared about. To be alone into the far depths of the future was not a pretty thought. "Is optimism such a crime? When you live in such a dreary place I think it a necessity. It is why I am beginning my guild."
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
EVIE
Evie's lips crinkled at this rather unhappy description. As he mentioned that no one appeared to be holding them, she merely shrugged. That could mean anything, especially if magic was involved.

Raising a brow, Evie just merely nodded ambiguously. "If you say so." She retorted, her life-long ingrained training making her sound politely interested despite the fact that she was anything but. This man—and he wasn't even that, not really—felt cumbersome to speak with suddenly.

"A dreary place? Wow." She snorted a tad more sarcastically than she meant to. "Well, best of luck with that." Evie added, as cheerily as she could even though the smile was falling off of her lips rather quickly.

A dreary place? That was her home he was talking about. Perhaps she shouldn't have warned him about the barrier and let himself get zapped by it. Pffft.

"Enjoy your walk." She said with a smile wave, before heading back in the direction she'd come.
Please don't
laugh
coding by sky!