The boys of summer
for Ronin
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 9 - Strg: 34 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 40 - Luck: 36 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Hadama inclined his head in acknowledgment of their goddess's errands and then made himself comfortable for the wait. The heat of the day was setting in, and the activity around the port was falling into the Longheat afternoon lull, when it was too hot to shift anything but the most important cargo and low tide made even the water-bound shipping lanes quiet. But the Arclight was still cooler than the air and the mermanta was content to sun himself and watch what people he could see going about their business with no great hurry.

Ronin's return was made with an unexpected trick, and Hadama watched the nimbus arrive with interest. "Convenient," he murmured, impressed in spite of his usual stoic nature. He pulled himself back onto the rock to accept the telescope, ring, and his shaved ice cone with a pulse of appreciation in the Attuned bond. "You strike a good deal," he agreed, the corners of his eyes crinkling with good humor. "Will you be able to stay on Torchline long?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
everything has its wonders
"An old trick," Ronin admits of the nimbus, letting himself float down towards the rock before allowing the cloud to dissipate in a whiff of mist, the Supernova landing softly to sit back with Hadama. Intrigued, of course, by the ice cones, Sugar makes an appearance from where she's been corralling fish into the shallows to snap them up, investigating the frozen treats with interest.

"I do try." He grins, referring to his deal making and offering out the dragon a nibble of his ice shavings, if only because she can produce more if he needs, he supposes. "Haggling in Stormbreak was much the same, but I always find Torchline to be a bit more colourful when it comes to this sort of thing."

Gazing out across the shimmering sea, Ronin tilts his head in quiet contemplation. "At least a small while," he says. "I'll be staying for the reopening of the Hanged Man at the very least. And it's not difficult to return, for me." Between a dragon's wings and a magical compass, most places are within easy reach for the Supernova these days.
even darkness and silence

Coding base by Sky!
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
An old one, perhaps, but a good one from what the mermanta could see. It certainly made the slogging about on two legs look significantly more comfortable - not to mention cooler in the Longheat warmth. He took a bite of his own snowcone, watching Ronin and Sugar's interaction with interest.

The corners of his eyes crinkled at the description of Torchline's bargaining experience and he tilted his head in a mix of understanding and regional pride. "Indeed," he rumbled, pleased at the comparison. His own attention returned to his treat for a moment as he savored the sweet flavor of the cold ice and considered the demigod's words - and who, exactly he was and had been, before asking his next question.

"Do you know of any natural bodies of water in Stormbreak?" Curious, and with an unusual note of uncertainty in his voice as he contemplated the distant land in the sky. "I may have a task there soon." And reaching it when one had fins was no easy feat.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The problem with sharing a snowcone with Sugar, as Ronin ought to know well and yet somehow hasn't learned, is that she's a sassy, greedy little gremlin, and the Supernova is only able to enjoy it for a short while before the dragon snaffles it from his hand and slinks away to guard it. "You're welcome," he drawls, rolling his eyes and gazing back at Hadama as he brings up Stormbreak.

Eyebrows furrowing, he rubs at the back of his neck and softly shakes his head. "Some of the enclosures in the Celestine would have water in them," he says slowly. "But I confess I haven't been back there since it..." Gesturing above them as if to more politely say yeeted itself into the sky, Ronin flashes the Mer a weak smile. "My son sends letters, though. I swear he wrote about some hot springs - they'd be considered a natural body of water, I think."

Coding base by Sky!
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Hadama watched the interaction between man and dragon with curious bemusement. He was used to Melita's menagerie, but they tended to be a bit more... well, respectful of their mistress. The little white dragon seemed to have a rather different view of what being bonded meant, and it was a variation that the mermanta found covertly adorable.

So long as the misbehavior in question didn't apply to him.

He listened closely to the Supernova's information, considering what had been said - and what had not. "Will you go back someday?" he asked, curious for no reason other than nosiness. The mention of the hot springs at least gave him a direction to pursue on his own later. There were post-War maps he could obtain and peruse, if nothing else.

He was surprised at how quickly his own treat had disappeared. Its cool sweetness has been more than welcome, and he was already spooning the last morsel of ice and syrup out of the paper cone it had been delivered in.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Luckily, for now Sugar's chaotic energy is entirely directed towards the snowcone and her own bonded, and with any luck, Hadama's frosty treat will be long gone by the time she comes looking for more trouble. As for Stormbreak, the Supernova leans back on his hands and tilts his head back, as if he might be able to spy the floating city without being blinded by the wall of deep blue sky.

"I don't see why not," he says slowly. "It's not as though I left the place on bad terms, and now that I'm coming down from the mountain more often, it might be good to visit..." Brows furrowing, he finally drags his gaze back towards the mermanta. "Hey, maybe I'll see you there at some point, if you manage to use those hotsprings to your advantage?"

Coding base by Sky!
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Everyone across Caido had heard the story of the Tower. Its defense and its fall were a legend even after it had been rebuilt. Ronin had done everything possible that day - so the legend said - to fight off a force of greater numbers and power that rivaled his own.

But there had been great loss of life in spite of his staunchest efforts, and Hadama inclined his head in acceptance of the Supernova's reluctance to revisit such a place, even if that hesitation had been only subconscious. "Indeed. Perhaps we can take a tour together," he rumbled solemnly, but with a glint of humor in his emerald eyes.

He rinsed his cone-cup in the ocean and tucked his trash into a belt pouch for repurposing later. Sliding into the water, he made sure he had his new telescope in its waterproof case slung comfortably over his back, adjusting the strap before turning his attention back to the demigod. "I will contact you soon." His promise was followed by a short pause and then the ghost of a smile that almost touched his lips. "Next time we can go shopping in the Spiral Marketplace."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"A tour," Ronin repeats, chuckling despite himself, because gods, Hadama makes an unexpected point - maybe he'd need one. "That sounds good - there's probably a lot more that's changed up there than even I realise." And maybe that's a good thing, given the history of the place under his former leadership. Change is good, especially when it comes on the heels of destruction.

Whistling through his teeth such that Sugar is called back to perch on his shoulder (she's eaten the trash, surprising no one), the Supernova rises to his feet and nods down at Hadama as he slips back into the shallows. "Oho?" He grins. "That sounds good to me. I'll keep my diary open."

As if it's anything but empty, these days.

~FIN

Coding base by Sky!