you are a fairytale
bastien <3
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe glanced back at Bastien for a moment when he started to speak, but returned her focus to Rexana immediately. ”It sounds to me like she was targeted then. You should be more selective with your friends.” She said quietly, replacing the cup to Rexana’s lips with a full one. Her tone was slightly chastising, but not out rightly critical. She wouldn’t blame Bastien for what happened to Rex at his friend’s hand, but she would blame him if this happened again and he had not been more careful.

He left to get the rags and hot water as she had instructed. A small smile softened her features as Rex spoke. ”There is nothing to thank me for, Rex.” she said softly, re-positioning the blankets around her so that strategic parts of her limbs were exposed while keeping her core well cocooned. Once Bastien brought the supplies back, she would douse the rags and once cooled just enough to be bearable, wrapped them around Rex’s arms and legs. She needed to be hydrated, and this was the best way should could add more water to her person without fully submerging her in a tub that she had no adequate way to heat.
I look up to the little bird
The flies across the sky
And I, I wish that I could be that bird
And fly away from here
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
i am the remedy to your heart,
Despite his anger Bastien smiled when he saw Rexanna speak, thinking it was probably a good sign, but he did place a hand on her shoulder. "Do not speak unless you feel you can, cara. You will wear yourself out." In Venice he had frequently seen people become very ill very quickly, knew how even in a few seconds someone could lose their strength and fade away...he hoped Rexanna's case was not so drastic, but it didn't hurt to be cautious.

Phoebe's words did irk him (once again, sticking her nose in where it didn't belong) but it was not the time to fight, so he just shrugged and looked down, mumbling: "He shall not be my friend for long."

Rexanna was wrapped in blankets and wet towels, something that Bastien found odd, didn't understand the reason, but he didn't say anything. Just sat at her bedside, looking down at the ground his hands clasped. "...Do you think she shall recover quickly?" While this question seemed to be directed at Phoebe he then looked into Rexanna's eyes and stroked her face softly. "No matter how long it is, Rexanna, I will be with you and help you."
I am the carbon collected.
I am the printed upon your stars.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
you touch me and suddenly –
i feel a little less war torn
Part of her hated the way that Phoebe suggested about Lucas being a terrible friend. She had to agree, but to an extent he was her friend too. They both did need to choose better ones, and perhaps now she’d be far more careful when dealing with Ascendeds she didn’t really know – or perhaps not offering to help them in the states that they were in. But she had to thank Phoebe too, as the midwife wrapped her up, for doing all of this and being her friend despite it all. Perhaps if she saw how it effected Bastien, and in the future how he treated her, she might grow to not hate him as much as she did.

Her gaze slipped to Bastien as he spoke of not speaking, and she agreed, though it was hard for her to not speak. In a way, Rexanna was quite chatty – to be unable to speak seemed like a torture in itself, and she knew she’d likely annoy Bastien when she was well enough to be able to speak. Deep down, she hoped he wouldn’t mind. Regardless, she made it as easy as possible for Phoebe to try and hydrate her, hoping the process would be quick – she wanted a nice warm bed and to sleep for years it felt like.

She tilted her head slightly to look over at Bastien and give him a small reassuring smile to say that she would be fine – that he was dating a fighter, and if everything she had dealt with before hadn’t killed her, that this certainly wouldn’t either. Bastien stroked her face softly and spoke, and she smiled slightly to him in another reassurance – glad that he would be, uncertain of how she’d be able to do it on her own but knowing that she could. But… She didn’t have to do it herself, and that was the entire point. She felt lucky, lucky to have such good friends and such a caring partner.
i'm not sure what peace is supposed to feel like
but i think it may feel a lot like you.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Nose where it didn’t belong? As if. Rexanna was about as close to a sister as she had anymore, certainly her best female friend by any stretch of the imagination. If she was hurt, Phoebe would make it her business. ”Good. I don’t like thinking about her being in any danger from some lunatic.” Phoebe said a little stiffly, a slight frown on her lips. If Bastien wanted to take it personally (which he probably would because everything was about him after all) Phoebe simply didn’t care. It wasn’t about him or his ego, it was about Rex.

”She should be fine so long as she continues to keep the water down. But she will be weak for a few days and she should stay here at least a day for me to keep an eye on her.” Phoebe said, speaking more evenly when the topic returned to the work at hand. She continued to steep the teas and wet the rags as they began to dry. Even if it hadn’t been her friend, Phoebe would have been an attentive little nurse, and certainly Bastien would see Rex was in good and capable hands. ”Keep drinking. But tell me if you feel sick.” Phoebe said, intent on force feeding Rexanna as much water as possible.
I look up to the little bird
The flies across the sky
And I, I wish that I could be that bird
And fly away from here
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
i am the remedy to your heart,
Bastien just nodded along to Phoebe's care instructions. As soon as it was alright for Rexanna to leave the clinic he would take her, but not leave her by herself until he was certain she was well. He had not before felt such a protective fire in his chest but now that it was there he could not put it out. "...Thank you, Phoebe, for your work." He said with a genuine gratitude in his voice despite his dislike of her.
I am the carbon collected.
I am the printed upon your stars.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
you touch me and suddenly –
i feel a little less war torn
She listened to the conversation between Bastien and Phoebe, eyes darting between the two of them despite her exhausted state. When Phoebe spoke of Lucas as some lunatic, she wanted to snort in response and agree with the act, but she wasn’t able to. All she could do was agree internally, listening to her as she spoke next about how long it would take to get better. As she mentioned she wanted her to stay here the night, her eyes slipped to Bastien to see how he would respond – but it seemed she had chosen right with him as he said nothing and simply thanked Phoebe for her work.

Soon, when Rexanna was able, she’d do the same to Phoebe.

But as Phoebe instructed her on the water, she wanted to nod and attempted to take another sip – the water shifting in her stomach and yet she felt as though she couldn’t get enough of it. She felt… Dry, on the inside. As though everything she had drank had already begun to spread. And even if the taste was terrible, she was happy to have been here, to have Bastien and Phoebe at her side even if their dislike for one another was palpable.

And she would remain here however long it took until she was better, to return home with Bastien to watch over her and earn the nickname mother hen.

(I think ending here is good for me if it's good for you all!)
i'm not sure what peace is supposed to feel like
but i think it may feel a lot like you.