Put the Bounce Back in Your Step!
for Remi
Caleb Jorva
Teacher

Age: 31 | Height: 5’11” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

Thunk...thunk...thunk...

Caleb caught the colorful, rubber ball every time it bounced up from the ground. A bouncy ball was one of the few personal items he was allowed to carry with him in the laboratory, so he always had it in his pocket whenever he went anywhere. That includes traveling between worlds, apparently.

He walked along the path, absently dropping and catching the ball, as his other hand rubbed the new clothing that he wore. It was amazing to see the different colors that fabric came in here. He was so used to the all-white outfits everyone wore in the labs, so to see so many colors and so many different materials was incredible - no matter how much it might’ve itched.

Caleb smiled to himself, winding his arm back and throwing the bright ball down the street. He took off in a sprint after the ball, easily shifting into the black and tan shepherd dog mid sprint.

CALEB
old ways don’t open new doors
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

With Aoife carefully slung across his chest (magic and an alchemist's mind did a quick baby bjorn make), Remi took his first proper stroll with Ronin's daughter since his death. He'd brought her outside of course, the house was quite stuffy and he knew the child needed fresh air and sunlight, but other than a quick walk around the garden he had absolutely no idea just how much time she needed (or wanted) outdoors.

However as the days stretched on and the guildhall became increasingly mustier, even Remi realized that a change was needed.

And so...he...was out walking.

It felt truly strange to be out in the world. Walking was what normal people did. Normal people who hadn't been abandoned by people who said they loved them and who hadn't just watched their bestfriend be murdered and torn apart, only to ascend into the sky as a star. Remi knew he needed normal but this...it felt like too much. Just as he was about to turn and leave, a ball knocked against the side of his leg followed by quite a large tan and brown dog. Magically picking it up (as bending down with Aoife on his chest was quite awkward), he held the ball aloft and waited for the dog to catch up.

Яemi

I'm holding on to all the pieces of my heart's debris, until it's time
I'll pull it together and fix myself eventually & know it's mine
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Caleb Jorva
Teacher

Age: 31 | Height: 5’11” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

The sight of his ball suddenly hovering in the air near a young man with a baby strapped to his chest. Caleb’s tail spun slightly, and he skidded clumsily to an almost-stop a few feet away from the pair.

He shifted before he had completely stopped, eyes shining and a wide smile on his face. The man tripped slightly, easily regaining his balance with a short laugh that turned his cheeks faintly pink. “Uh, hi!” He chirped, turning his gaze to the baby with a small wave.

His eyes found the ball hovering in the air, and he reached out to take hold of it. “Sorry about that. Doesn’t always go where I want it to.” He have a small shrug and turned the ball over in his hand.

Back home, they used magic in their daily lives, like making telepathic special needs teachers and psychic therapists. Well, that’s what he had been told. It wasn’t like he actually got to see any of it for himself, but it sounded amazing. However, he had never seen use of such magic as that which the other man just used.

“I’m Caleb!” Caleb asked Remi and tossed the ball in the air, catching it easily.

CALEB
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Remi had never quite been the defensive type before. But now with Aoife against him, he found himself suddenly with his arms around her as the man shifted before them, claws extended from tense fingers. However the easy smile on Caleb's face and the twinkle in his gaze did much to calm the already emotionally-chapped alchemist, who laughed a bit unsteadily and nodded. "Ah, hello." He managed, searching for his normally easy banter and open regard for strangers and finding only traces of it.

"Ah, no problem at all." Remi hummed, shaking his head to suggest the apology wasn't needed at all.

"Pleased to meet you Caleb. I am Remi, and this is Aoife." He said, nodding towards the star-eyed child against his chest. Slightly thrown off though he might have been, still, politeness came naturally. The alchemist hadn't exactly intended on making his first venture out anything more than a solo stroll, but if recent events had taught him anything, it was that he hardly had control over the world.

Яemi

Caleb Jorva
Teacher

Change author:

Caleb couldn’t help but smile at the baby, giving a small wave to her. There was something about babies that he just absolutely loved. Why? He wasn’t sure… Maybe it was the endless potential in their souls, or maybe it was the wonder around who they were in comparison with who they would become… Either way, babies were just such beautiful creatures. Sticky, yes, but beautiful.

He took a breath, rolling the smooth rubber around in his hand and finally turning his eyes back to the man. “I like your voice,” he told Remi with a crooked grin. “I mean, no, uh, sorry…” Once again, a blush crept up to his cheeks, and he dropped his eyes to the ground. “I just mean I've never heard your accent before.” Actually he hadn’t heard any accent other than his own and those of his caretakers, but it was the same accent as his own, which did little for him.

His hand moved through his hair, as his brows met and rose in the middle. “I don’t wanna make you uncomfortable or anything, but are you...okay?” Of course Caleb didn’t know Remi, but he felt something weighing on the young man, and it was only right to offer an ear. Besides, he was good at listening and actually enjoyed it.

CALEB
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

A blush to match Caleb's bloomed on Remi's cheeks despite how far adrift his mind was. Even after all which had happened, still the attention from other men always caught him a bit off-guard, even here and now. "Ah, thank you." The alchemist said with a grin equally as crooked, though softer. "I am not from here. Are you?"

Caleb's question caught the alchemist a bit off-guard, and almost protectively his hands wrapped around Aoife as if to reassure himself that she was still there and still fine. "My best friend died in the attack on the Spire." He began, voice soft and eyes low. Hands worn and calloused gently moved to Aoife's much smaller ones, and the girl clutched at them happily. "This is his daughter." Remi concluded, swallowing down a ball of wanton grief that suddenly bloomed in the back of his throat. For what else was there to say? That he had loved Ronin? That it was too soon, that he didn't know how to raise a baby? That there were any number of other troublesome things happening in his life at the moment?

But really, it all came down to what he had said. Ronin was gone, and Aoife was here.

Яemi

Caleb Jorva
Teacher

Change author:

“Uh, no,” he chuckled with a small shrug. Hells, he was from very far away. The technology was far more advanced, the magic was extremely different. Everything was topsy-turvy here, but if he was being honest, he actually kind of liked it.

Gentle brown eyes widened at the confession Remi gave about the friend who had died. He wasn’t sure what the other man was talking about. The attack on the Spire? Why would anyone attack the Spire? Yeah, he had some catching up to do.

None of that mattered then, though. What mattered was the death of another that was weighing on the man in front of him. What mattered was the starry-eyed baby who lost her father in the fight. His curiosity could wait. “I’m so sorry,” Caleb breathed, looking between the man and the infant.

Death had never touched the yellow-haired man, as he had never been close enough to anyone to experience loss. It didn’t actually make sense to him, but he knew enough to know how much it hurt, how much it affected those who loved the deceased. And by the pain in the eyes that should have shined brightly, the man who was taken was loved dearly.

“He was lucky to have such a good friend,” he added softly, looking at the child cradled in Remi’s arms. “Not many would take on the responsibility of a child that isn’t their own.” Caleb smiled down at Aoife, a hint of sadness in the smile that time.

CALEB
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi smiled gently and nodded. He understood why people offered their apologies, but part of him almost wished that they wouldn't. It made him feel as though he was somehow in the position to absolve himself of his own sadness. What was he meant to say? It's okay? Thank you? But he just couldn't, and so he said nothing, simply offering a reciprocal smile.

"You may be right about that." Remi agreed, waving one of Aoife's fat hands towards the man gazing into her starry-eyes.

"So how long have you been here Caleb? If you do not mind me asking?"

Яemi