keep your halo [seasonal event]
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Outside of her home, Rexanna had decided, was where she’d work on decorations for the Festival. She didn’t know what the Festival was for, but people were celebrating in the streets and decorating, selling flowers that bloomed in her backyard. And everything felt peaceful. Despite her still somewhat sore ankle, it had relatively healed well. And her time with Bastien had been wonderful. She felt peaceful, calm, collected for once despite the fight that was happening regarding the Spire. So she brought a couple of chairs out, some scraps and her sewing needles and thread. The day was surprisingly warm, the sun shining down in a bright warming light that she felt like her soul needed. She didn’t even wear shoes as she sat in one of the chairs with clothes in her lap, instead a pair of slippers sat nearby and Rexanna sat with her feet tucked in under her.

Her hair was tied back and her eyes scanned the street for inspiration, for deciding how to celebrate, when she had decided on flags or something akin to them. Taking a pair of sharp scissors, she began to cut into a beautiful salmon pink cloth, using her magic to make it a sturdier fabric that the wind might not ruin as it would likely flap within it. A few precise snips has her a step closer, and she reached for a needle and her thread to begin the process of connecting the fabric to another color of bright yellow. She figured adding a small amount of a different color might make it look like a sun, or a flower. She hadn’t quite decided yet. But she began to thread the needle, one eye closed as she tried to poke the thread through the small eye of the needle.

Jigano <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He had been enjoying the spring weather for a little while, but the weight of the Spire seemed to settle on his shoulders with all the friction that had arisen in the community as Naturals and Outlanders jostled against each other over the outcome of that battle. It would come to a head soon, he knew, but who would set the spark and whether it would ignite or fizzle out he had yet to determine. With all the preparations for Flowerbirth and Fiat Lux still going on all around them it was hard to think that they were on the verge of breaking through the barrier as so many people struggled to continue in with their lives and the rhythms they had always known.

He walked through the streets, greeting those shop owners he'd come to know, and the regulars at the Rathskeller who enjoyed his music and tales as he made a few trades for goods. Isuma was nestled into the hood of his overtunic, hidden behind the fall of his hair and napping in the warmth of the day. His path took him near the home of a friend who he knew had been injured recently - by giant earthworms, of all things - and now that he was cleaned up it seemed like a good time to pay her a visit and make sure she had recovered.

...not that she knew that he had been there at the time she had received the injury. Ah, well, perhaps he could work around that?

He didn't have to wonder whether or not she was home, when as soon as he neared her dwelling he saw the enchantingly beautiful woman sitting out front and working with some colorful lengths of cloth. He grinned and lengthened his stride, approaching with a wave for Rexanna, and a bright greeting. He looked better than the last time she had seen him, still gaunt but with some of the shadows fading from under his eyes. "Rexanna!" he called cheerfully. "How have you been? And... what is it you're doing?" he asked curiously as he came close enough to see what she was sewing.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
She was focused, in part to the task in her hands and her wandering mind. She thought of all the things occurring at once, her yearning for gathering information and not knowing where to start. All she knew is eventually it would end, for her at least, the moment she talked to Rory. And she hoped it would end well, lest she be another rock thrown into the mix. But she focused, threading the thread through the eye of the needle before she spotted a familiar fair haired man striding down the street. Instantly, a wide grin crossed her face as she put aside the cloth for a moment and stood to greet Jigano. He looked a bit better, but Rexanna knew that the damage deep within was easier to hide than the dark bags under eyes. And she was glad, for a moment, that he at least seemed a bit better.

But as he spoke to her and she listened, her eyes lit up a bit as he questioned how she’d been and what she was doing. Turning back to the cloth, she gestured to them. “I’m sewing flags and banners for the festival.” She said with a cheerful grin before continuing about how she was doing. “I’m doing very well I think, despite everything.” Her voice was soft, but calm and peaceful regardless. “I do have the most amazing stories to tell you though if you have the time?” She asked, her eyes bright and cheerful, hoping her friend wouldn’t mind staying a bit longer to hear. But she had worried about him too, and before she decided to tell her tale to Jigano she had a more important question regarding him.

But first, how are you?” She questioned with a tilt of her head, her smile fading briefly as she forgot about the thread and fabric for a moment as she focused on Jigano.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
He was glad that Rexanna looked as happy to see him as he was to see her. Of course, he had seen her a lot more recently than she realized, but their conversations had been a bit one-sided. "Ah, for Fiat Lux?" he asked, delighted. "I've been working on some music for it! But my friend, you look radiant," he said, giving the woman a slight bow while being careful not to interrupt Isuma's nap. "I'm glad to hear that you've been well. After the arguments that happened at the Spire Battle..." he trailed off with a sigh, and a little shake of his head. He felt old, watching them argue and snipe verbal daggers at each other. Worse than old, because none of his experience could help to repair the damage that impatient, brazen Northhaveners had created between many naturals and any Outlander.

"Well, I'm glad you're doing well," he finished, his smile wry and a little sad. The sadness was quickly chased away at the mention of stories, however, and though he had a great deal of work awaiting him...

Time spent with a friend was spent well. "Gladly!" he agreed with a more cheerful smile, setting his bag down and settling into the open chair. "Perhaps I can help you while we talk?" he offered hopefully, reaching for a pile of the colorful fabric to begin sorting the scraps and bolts by color. He gave the question time to settle, the smile fading a little as he ended up giving his head a shake.

"I'm worried," he said quietly. "Things are moving too fast and tempers are running too high. There are too many unanswered questions that I fear will come back to cause us all great sorrow if we don't slow down and think things through. I and my loreseekers have been working hard to find clues wherever and from whoever we can... but I am afraid that it will not be soon enough or explicit enough to do any good." The gods could be vague or deliberately mysterious, though they had all provided some indication of support. He gave his friend a wan smile, handing her a bright orange that he thought would go well with the yellow. "But my worries shouldn't cloud over a beautiful day such as this, especially not in such lovely company. What are these stories you mentioned? And what is the part of the coming celebration you are most looking forward to?"
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Ah, for Fiat Lux?” He questioned, and she nodded – not realizing the name of the festival, but understanding that it had to be that otherwise he wouldn’t have said it. It made sense though, and as she looked around to see the other decorations, she saw that they also bore the same name on a few of the banners. Her eyes drifted back to him when he spoke of making music, and she remembered the beautiful work he had done at the Masquerade, and she offered him a bright grin. “Yes! I’ve been cured of my curse from Frey. I think in return, I was granted this.” She offered with a chime of a laugh, gesturing to her face and the radiance that seemed to glow from her skin.

He bowed, then, and spoke of the events of the Spire Battle, and her smile faltered into a smaller one. She didn’t blame Rory, not entirely. She blamed him for starting it, but she could understand his point of view. But she nodded, rolling her shoulders in a slight shrug. But she was doing well, despite all of it. She still had friends within the Natural’s that didn’t harbor the same feelings that Rory had inspired and incited. But then Jigano offered to help her, and she nodded eagerly – returning to her seat as he took his own place beside her fabrics and began to sort them.

The conversation shifted to the same kind of worries that she had, and as she grabbed her needle and thread again and began to place the pattern on it, she nodded in agreement. “I’m worried too.” She offered quietly, glancing to him now and then as she paused in her needlework. “I think that we do need to wait a bit – what’s the harm in rushing it? It’s been around for years.” She pondered briefly, but looked back to him as he offered her a smile and a piece of orange that would go with the yellow. Her face erupted into a beaming smile and she gladly took it, finding a way to make it appear as though it were the center of a flower among the needlework.

But he questioned her, and she had to think about where to start. “Well. I was cured of my… Affliction I suppose it might have been.” She paused with a gentle and easy going laugh. “And then, I bought some seeds. I’ve never planted anything before and I wanted to try it after… Longnight and everything. And you wouldn’t believe it, but a gorgeous white raven came and helped? It was like he understood what I was trying to do. And the flowers, they're so beautiful!” She looked back to Jigano in between her sewing, completely skipping over the similarities in the pale hair of her friend. Her grin was contagious, though, and it was truly an amazing thing to her. “But that’s not all, not long after I had to save a white fox from some of those terrible worms that sit around the puddles near the Fields.” She said with a quiet laugh. “I hope it’s a good omen. I felt quite special, even if one of the worms hit my ankle pretty hard.” She flashed him a wink before she held up part of the flag that had been finished to see what he thought.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
He blinked at the news that she had been un-cursed, then laughed along with her, sweeping an elegant bow. "You were already resplendent before. But I am glad you can choose your own tone again!" he congratulated, delighted that she had managed to free herself of the curse of a whimsical god. Considering what she had told him about it before he tactfully did not press for details as to the how and why it had been lifted, settling instead for honest joy for his friend.

It was a shame that the conversation took a darker turn almost immediately, but with the world so unsettled it wasn't right to pretend that all was well. She might not realize how often they had crossed each other's paths, but he had become quite fond of the bright, bold woman and he gave her what honesty he could. He was unsurprised to hear that they shared concern over the tumult. It affected everyone, after all, and risked friendships and family ties across all lines. "Yes," he sighed. "A few more weeks, or even months wouldn't hurt things at this point. Let people get used to the idea that the Guardian was defeated and that escape is possible before forcing it down their throats. It can't be easy for the naturals, having everything they thought they knew about their world turning upside down in the space of two short seasons... and it's never wise to jump blindly into a conflict between gods, especially foreign ones," he finished grimly.

Luckily Rexanna had brighter tales to tell, and Jigano relaxed beside her as she began her stories that seemed awfully familiar. Nimble fingers sorted the fabric into a rainbow of shades as she spoke, and he began to pull out individual scraps to hold them together, a critical blue eye judging their harmony or contrast as he considered what his friend was already stitching. A flower with an orange center and yellow and pink petals? Ah, there was some more pink she could use next...

"I would love to see the flowers when we're ready for a break," he said with a grin, trying not to preen at being called 'gorgeous.' "Perhaps he was a helpful Attuned who was just shy?" he suggested, a hint of mischief in his smile. Rory and Amalia and Edy had taken his shape-shifting in stride, and he knew that it was a normal and accepted gift on Caido... but it was still something difficult for him to admit out loud after a lifetime of hiding it. Rory was the only one he'd ever spoken to about it since his parents had died, and that conversation had been... emotionally charged. On multiple levels. He wasn't sure he wanted to have it again so soon, even with someone as kind as Rexanna, however much he had no wish to outright lie to her.

"Those worms are a menace," he agreed with a faint grimace as he fished around for the scissors and started cutting the next piece of cloth for her. "Their only saving grace is that they taste exactly like chicken. I assume that's where most of the food for the Fiat Lux celebration will be coming from," he added wryly. "But I'm sure you made a friend of that fox. He probably owes you dinner or something," he added, teasing lightly. "But how is your ankle? Would you like me to take a look at it? I can put a wrap on it to help stabilize it if it's still bothering you."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
She nodded with a quiet laugh, infinitely pleased to be able to flirt when she wanted to, and be able to have serious conversations when needed too. It certainly made meeting new people all that much easier. But the conversation soon shifted to the grim details of what occurred, and for a moment she remembered Jigano following Rory after the blond man had thrown barbs at her with a poisoned tongue. But she didn’t blame Rory, not really. And perhaps Jigano was the voice of reason within it. “I would like to talk to Rory when everything settles. I don’t think he meant what he said to me… But I understand where he’s coming from.” She says a bit quietly. “I’m a bit stubborn though, couldn’t let it go.” She managed a soft laugh at her flaw. At least she owned up to it.

But she broke into her tale of the wonderful white animals that had helped her, and her gaze flickered from him to the flag as she continued to work. “Of course! I got a few different colors. I think I might take them to the gods as gifts.” She shrugged her shoulders slightly. “If nothing else but to at least thank Frey and meet the others if I can.” She resulted, flashing her ivory haired friend a roguish grin. But then he mentioned Attuned and her mind began to work. She had only just recently learned the name of them, but a surprise kind of crashed over her as she looked back to Jigano with a wide, beaming grin. “Oh wouldn’t that be wonderful? I just learned about them from Maea, I had thought Remi just had magic that made him into a lion. I didn’t realize it was a thing others could do!” She chimes to him before she laughed and a small blush crept over her cheeks.

Oh I hope whoever he is doesn’t think I’m an idiot.” She finally said with another awkward laugh. She had done things with the raven and fox she had never done before. And the planting was something she had been self conscious about — certain that if the raven hadn’t helped that hr flowers would have been gone before they had a chance to grow. And the worms, well, Rexanna had never really used her magic in that capacity. Hadn’t realized that after just one large blast of light that she’d be empty and be forced to work with the knife at her side. But Jigano spoke of the festival and the worms, and how they tasted like chicken of all things and she chuckled quietly in response. “No wonder he liked it!” She joked, flashing Jigano another small grin.

I’m not even sure where to start to try and find him? I wanted to make sure he was okay after the worm ordeal. I made away mostly fine but he was a lot smaller than I. Looked a bit sad covered in all that mud and wouldn’t come home with me for a bath.” She shrugged but looked back to Jigano with a small smile. “My ankle seems fine, I don’t think it needs to be wrapped. But I can still show you if you’d like?” She offered, setting aside the mostly finished flag that still needed a bit of sprucing to stand and turn her leg to where Jigano could see. There was some yellowish green bruising around her ankle from the impact, but the tiny teeth marks that had managed to make it around her boots and to her skin had mostly healed and the bruises were in their final stages. “All things considered, it looks alright!” She chimes with a smile.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"I can't speak for him," Jigano warned, "but I don't think he was angry at you. Not specifically. He was angry at Ronin, and Remi, and the fact that only outlanders were attacking the spire and weren't allowing anyone else to join them in it. He was angry that he was having to watch people die after he'd warned them about how dangerous it was... and that the attack was happening with no real plan in place for what would come after." He hesitated, then shrugged a shoulder a little. "As it happens, I agreed with him on several of those points, but I didn't agree with how people on both sides starting lashing out. And I think you just had the bad luck to speak up just when he reached his breaking point." He offered his friend a lopsided smile. "But give him time. If we can just let things settle down a bit I hope he'll come around. He's... I don't think he's the kind to hate," Jigano said, his voice softening a little towards the end, an odd expression on his face between fondness and worry.

"Frey is one I haven't met and hope not to, in truth," he admitted. "From what I've read and heard... they and I might not be very compatible. Safrin is..." he hesitated, tilting his head thoughtfully. "She is much more approachable than I expected, after Bastien's silly church," he finally continued with a wry grin. "A goddess of life and one who shares knowledge. I would like to seek her out again at some point. Ludo..." After the revelations of Ludo's origins Jigano found himself sobering, then giving a little shake of his head. "Ludo is mischievous, but I have found them to be honorable. I would advise caution when dealing with them, but that is good sense for any god associated with death and the afterlife."

At finding that Rex hadn't previously known about Attuned, Jigano blinked and then felt a little foolish. Of course she had taken his animal forms at face value! "Yes, I'm still getting used to it being so common here myself," he agreed ruefully. "It's quite different from my world. But no one would think you foolish for being kind to an animal, whether it's a shapechanger or not," he said gently. "I'm sure he appreciated that you didn't press him... if he had reasons for not revealing himself. Or maybe he was just enjoying the time spent with you and didn't want to scare you by transforming suddenly?" He chuckled at the description of how pathetic he had looked, though he winced a little inside. "Though if he was looking that rough, he probably didn't want to make a poor impression! And no true gentleman would peep on a lady in her bath," he added with a wink.

As she showed him her ankle he set aside his cloth to peer at it, but as she put weight and turned on it without pain or difficulty he sat back with a relieved sigh. "It looks nearly healed now, at least. As long as it doesn't hurt you, I see no problem." He grinned suddenly tilting his head to the side as a sleepy little peep emerged from behind his shoulders and he motioned Rexanna a little closer. "But since you've been meeting so many white animals lately, would you like to add another to the list?" he asked conspiratorially.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
She nodded to him, too, agreeing on the fact that there was no plan in place. And she wondered if the Naturals had thought the Outlanders would fail, having not truly considered the possibility of history being made before their eyes. But as Jigano continued and mentioned Rory wasn’t one to hate, she inhaled deeply and exhaled a quiet sigh before offering him a kind smile. “I don’t hold it against him. I’ve never even officially met him.” She offered with her own shrug of her shoulders. She understood where Rory came from — it didn’t make it right that he lashed out, but it also wasn’t right for the Outlanders to make decisions that didn’t involve the inhabitants. Rexanna could see both sides and she was certain she wanted to stay in between, not having a side to pick. Not wanting to pick a side.

But Jigano began to inform her of the gods, and she nodded with a quiet laugh at what he said of Frey. “They are terrifying, but gods they’re beautiful.” She mused before Jigano spoke of Safrin and Rexanna listened, chuckling softly at the mention of Bastien’s church. That was her main worry in meeting the goddess, of what she might say to Rexanna for having the audacity to date someone like Bastien. But despite the choices he’d made, she found him charming and wonderful. Not exactly what she had imagined, but somehow better in ways she couldn’t explain. She glanced to Jigano a bit roguishly. “I’m most worried to meet Safrin I think.” She paused, leaning closer to Jigano with a spark in her eye. “Bastien and I are… close now. I’m afraid I probably don’t seem favorable in her eye.” She informed him with another soft laugh.

But Ludo, Ludo was an interesting topic for Rexanna. And she nodded to his warnings about the god. Uncertain of what she might find if she went searching for them. But the conversation shifted again toward the Attuned and she listened to the information, soaking it up like a fish out of water. “I suppose that’s fair!” She agreed, a wide grin spread along her face at the thought of the fox being a person and she had invited them into her home for a bath. How strange that might have seemed. And what would she have done if the fox had revealed himself to be a person all along?

But then she had moved to show him her ankle and after he inspected it and agreed it had healed mostly, she bobbed her head sending her dark hair dancing along her shoulders. “It’s not so bad.” She resolved with a grin before settling again. But Jigano gestured for her to lean close, and she did and looked to him to hear a small peep and at his explanation her eyes lit up. “Oh!” She cheered quietly, hoping to not startle the tiny griffin. She wasn’t sure what it was, having seen drawings of dragons before but nothing like the little creature that hid on Jigano’s person. “Aw!” She chimed with a soft light in her eyes and that same happy, cheerful grin along her face. “What are you?” She questioned the small companion, sapphire gaze dancing to Jigano with the same question.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
He was relieved that Rexanna was willing to forgive Rory, at least eventually. It was bad enough in the guild, with several of his members on edge with each other. Having that among his friends outside the guild would have made life even more difficult. So he just smiled gratefully and continued to hand Rex swatches of fabric as she reached the end of her stitches.

He tilted his head at her description of Frey, thinking that it applied to Safrin as well - though the goddess had something of a more motherly feel to her, almost. He raised a brow at her concerns over the Starry Lady, but her confession earned a cough to cover his surprise as he tried to make that information make sense. "Bastien?!" he didn't-quite wheeze. "But... isn't he dead? I saw a notice about it after Long Night! ... A very suspicious notice, admittedly," he continued, but his eyes narrowed with a hard glitter. "But I didn't think even he would be monstrous enough to mock the pain of those who lost family and friends that week." Isla... torn apart by a nightmare in the dark for the sin of compassion. Amalia, brought to the very brink of death by the monsters in their heads, and Rory nearly so as well. For Bastien to cheapen what had happened with some grandstanding bullshit--!

Jigano drew the unexpected spike of anger in with a breath, swallowing it down and hiding it behind a practiced smile that held a hint of sharpness to it. "Please, do tell me what happened?" And why the bard shouldn't give in to the sudden, jagged impulse to not let the idiot priest's funeral be in vain.

Talk of his animals shapes gave him time to calm down, and for Isuma's waking thoughts to jumble against his in a soft, warm brush of fuzzy reassurances. He regained his poise and something of his good humor as she stirred and Rexanna inadvertently preened his ego. For his friend's sake he would try not to darken their meeting with a temper that he wanted time to examine and understand before he took it out on anyone.

Isuma crawled out of her little 'nest' in Jigano's hood and settled onto his shoulder, blinking yellow eyes up at Rexanna with happy curiosity. He chuckled as he sensed her interest in the beautiful human lady, and reached up to carefully detach her talons from his shoulder pad so he could hand the gryphlet - now the size of a young cat and losing more of her baby chub - to his friend to be cuddled and fussed over, if Rexanna was willing to hold her. "This is Isuma," he said fondly, as she reep!ed a greeting of her own, wings fluttering with eagerness though not much function yet, still more than half down. "She's a gryphon. A very small gryphon," he teased as she wriggled in his hands in her eagerness to say hello to a new friend. "Isuma, say hello to my friend Rexanna!"
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
They both had secrets, and she wasn’t about to tell him hers even if his concern and outright surprise at hearing Bastien’s name and the fact he was alive had pulled on her strings a bit. She shrugged her shoulders toward him as he spoke of the funeral and how it seemed a bit fishy, and deep inside she had wondered how Bastien planned to avoid the fallout that might happen if less forgiving people had learned the truth. She looked back to Jigano with a small smile, perhaps a hint of sorrow because she knew what he had endured over Longnight. And to make light of it was certainly a slap in the face. “I don’t know where he went, or who the old man was. But Bastien wasn’t there, he was with the Voice.” She answered quietly, glancing back to her sewing patterns and taking another color to start on another flag that could be combined with the first. “He became Ascended.” She finally said, looking back to Jigano in a frank kind of look. “The old man left soon after his return, I think. You know Bastien, he wouldn’t have liked someone poking about his things. Perhaps he ran the old man off?” She contemplated. Years of a royal mask coming over her face to hide the truth immensely well. Feeding a few truths into the lie to make it seem normal.

But she realized she couldn’t quite defend him entirely, and hoped that perhaps his blunders would be forgotten among the greater threats surrounding them. But she was happy for the distraction as she peeked to the little gryphon with a wide grin, business as usual. She hadn’t expected Jigano to let her hold the small creature, but who was Rexanna to deny the opportunity? Eagerly, she reached out her hands — after putting the needle safely away for the moment — to fuss over the gryphon. “Isuma.” Rexanna repeated with a cheerful grin. “Oh she’s lovely, Jigano!” She would allow the gryphon to latch onto her fingers and settle somewhere around her too, if she wanted, but not without the hopes of petting the soft fur and feathers the creature bore. She was stunning and unlike anything Rexanna had ever seen, and she grinned at the opportunity. “Where did you get her?” She questioned, tilting her head as her sapphire gaze slipped to Jigano with questions brimming.

The world was surprising, and had continued to surprise her after every turn. Creatures she had never seen before, each with their own unique responsibilities. What would happen to them if the barrier fell? Were there Luxere out beyond the barrier too? And if so, did they serve the same purpose that they did from within?
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"What old man was this, now?" Jigano asked, his voice light and pleasant but still with that predator's gleam in his eye. He hadn't gone to the funeral, in point of fact. He'd only seen the notice posted for it, though Edy had gone and had mentioned something strange about it as well, come to think of it. "It's not like he could have gotten far... what with the barrier and all," he mused. "Perhaps he can shed a little light on what happened... whoever decided to pull this cruelty on those who truly lost friends and family will have some answering to do, I think. I'll ask some of the loreseekers to track him down... or, no, I'll do it myself," he decided grimly. "Sam can add it to the logs and look into Bastien's whereabouts for me with the Voice..." he trailed off his planning, focusing on Rexanna again with a raised brow. "You said this old man was last seen in the false church?" A fox's nose might be able to catch a scent, especially if Bastien was now Ascended, and would no longer leave smells to muddy the evidence.

With an idea of where to start his investigations, and his temper banked to a smoldering flame that would eventually turn to red-hot embers and ice cold determination, Jigano finally let Isuma's sleepy sweetness coax him into a better mood. The gryphon loved meeting new people, and loved being fussed over by them, too, and the bard had only been the first of her many conquests. She crawled into Rexanna's outstretched hands and set there, Reep!ing softly up at the lady and quite happy to get petted and snuggled.

"From the egg of an ice fairy," he replied with a laugh. "I think you were there that day, in fact, though we hadn't met yet! I remember you because Remi gave you his coat."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
She frowned at Jigano as she replied, her brows furrowing together as she tried to remember if he had given them a name. “I can’t remember what his full name was, but I think his first name was Jedidiah.” She shrugged, as if it mattered little to her. She didn’t know what Jigano had planned, but she hoped if he want snooping around that Bastien would be able to explain it better. That she could play off the act of innocence despite the fact she knew the truth. But she couldn’t say more, couldn’t sit there and continue to unravel things she “didn’t know” and so she didn’t. Instead, she looked to Jigano and offered a small sympathetic smile. “I only went to the funeral. I don’t know where his last location was, but that’s where I saw him last.” She offered with a small shrug and a sigh. A practiced look of being upset she didn’t know more to help her friend in his endeavor.

Internally, however, she breathed a sigh of relief as Isuma wiggled with excitement. And her attention turned to the gryphon with a brilliant grin. The creature was soft and small and a beautiful ivory color, and Rexanna would have been happy to sit there the rest of the day and let the chick reep as much as she liked, petting the softness of her fur and feathers. But as Jigano spoke of how he acquired her, her head turned to him with a soft smile as one of her hands cradled Isuma and the other pet the soft feathers. “Oh! Yes that was an interesting time.” She offered with a small laugh. “It was very kind of Remi to offer his coat. I was new here then and woefully unprepared. But it was after I had my voice changed.” She laughed and offered him a wink as though it gave him some kind of timeline. But she could remember as she thought back, to the chase and how so many had sought to capture the faerie. “So you won? You have quite some luck, hmm?” She joked to him, setting Isuma into her lap where a few extra scrap pieces of fabric sat and she picked up the needle and thread and the flag, showing it to Isuma with a smile. “Should we make one of you, next?” She asked, wondering if deep down she should make one of the dragon that guarded the child in the Guildhall down the street too.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Jedidiah? It was a place to start, at least. Not that he had time to chase down anyone at the moment, but damn if he found that Bastien had been playing with people's feelings he would be truly angry at the man. Even knowing that Rexanna held him in esteem currently did little to soften the edges that he had found still raw from Long Night, in spite of the sunshine and healing that come with the dawn.

Isuma was a balm to his temper, as always, and he smiled as she greeted Rexanna and charmed the woman with her usual sweet, playful personality. She purred into the petting while the humans talked, far more interested in making a new friend than the silly noises they were making as Jigano nodded ruefully at Rexanna's words. "He's a good enough lad," he agreed, thinking wryly of the runaway carriage that their relationship had followed. Exasperating as the boy could be, and as much as the bard disagreed with his choices, at least Remi meant well, when all was said and done.

"I don't know about 'won,'" he admitted with a chuckle. "I think she let me catch her, in the end, for reasons of her own. But I must admit, I'm incredibly grateful that she did. Isuma has been... a much needed addition to my life," he said fondly, looking to the gryphlet as she settled into Rexanna's lap with a happy peep. Seeing the human beginning to sew, she picked up one of the scraps and began shaking her head vigorously - perhaps helpfully making sure it was 'dead' before Rexanna wanted to play with it.

Jigano hid a laugh behind his hand as he set down again and collected the scissors to go back to to cutting shapes for the banners. "A little rainbow gryphon, to fly above the street? he asked, half of Rex and half of Isuma. "Lovely Rexanna, we would be honored if you turned your skills to that!"