an unexpected visitor
For Remi
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Two shards of onyx
Shards of ice made magically cold
One piece of concave glass

Well. The last one she could get from their glassmiths. If they were willing to barter. She imagines it need be no larger than the size of her own eyes, because where else would She put a piece of glass? Small. Simple enough. The other two… not so much. Wessex frowns a little to herself as she leaves the Atheneum, the book and its mysterious writing tucked under her arm. There’d been no asking for permission to take it, she simply had, once their session was over.

Now, as it doesn’t seem too late to the nightowl - the sun’s only been down for an hour or two - so she aburptly changes her path and heads toward The Settlement, where she’s heard rumors that someone may be able to help her. She knows nothing of magic, only of fighting and killing and survival. None of which is useful to her right now. Whether or not Remi will want to help her is another story. She is not so egotistical to think her reputation precedes her, but she wouldn’t be surprised to find a door shut in her face, either. To be honest, she wouldn't blame him.

And so, quietly, intently, Wessex raps on the alchemist’s shop door, then takes a step back to give it room to open, if indeed, anyone is there. There seems to be a dim light on, but it could be anything.

No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
now there's a space too wide
But the door opens immediately just as Wessex pulls back, and there before her is a rather muddled looking alchemist. Dressed as if he'd just thrown his clothes on his body and stepped out the door (which he did), Remi looks up with boyish surprise to see the always-intimidating figure of Wessex before him.

"Ah—" He mumbles, the word half an apology and half a surprised sort of croak as he instinctively halts. Furrowing his brow with a stupid and slow sort of mental musing to try and place why Wessex should be on his doorstep at this time of night (The pair had never really properly met before, though with all that had happened they'd certainly been in enough common engagements). "—sorry." He added finally, still looking rather bashful and charmingly disrupted by the sudden appearance of the ascended.

"Ah...Hi." He managed at last, clearing his throat and running his fingers up one arm. "Is there something I can help you with?"
that's left us with wondering eyes

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
The unexpected sudden opening sends her back more quickly than anticipated, and she finds herself perhaps almost as startled as Remi is. But the ever unruffled Wessex recovers quickly and rights herself, awkwardly smiling at the disheveled alchemist. They may not run in the same circles, but she can respect his power - indeed, it might be the only thing she woman respects in anyone these days.

“Hi,” she says, overlapping his greeting. Oops. “Ahhh, yes. Is this a bad time? I just have a question about something magical.” Well, not just a question. A request, too. She shifts the book out from under her arm and shows it to Remi, as if that would make all the difference. But she does come in peace, see?
No, I’ll be the stone
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Ah, no. Please." He says, turning on his heel to push the door fully open so the pair need not stand awkwardly on the stoop. With a glance towards the book, the alchemist tilts his head slightly to the side in a decidedly avian-like gesture, his sea-glass green stare abashedly confused.

Was that the magical item? Or was it merely written about?

Entering into the shop, Wessex will find it a charming and quiant combination of ordered chaos. There are shelves upon shelves of inventions and prototypes in every stage of completion. Some whose purpose is obvious, and some that seem unfathomably curious.

"I will try to help as best I can. Though if it is book related, the Loreseekers might be able to aid you better than I."

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
“Thank you.” The warrior follows the confused alchemist into his shop, noting the quaint decor that makes it feel almost homely - but more than that, the organized chaos. Her eyes linger on the various shelved items, trying to dissect bits and pieces of the items. She is strangely taken aback by it all. They don’t have people who do this here. They don’t have the luxury of tinkering and toying, not when they can barely put away enough food for more than a season at a time.

It’s inspiring, but it also highlights the great divide between the two worlds. She may know nothing of where the Outlanders come from, but she doubts they’ve ever lived like the Caidonites. Minds have been wasted. Ambitions and inventions put aside for farming and animal husbandry, or lost far, far too early to any number of things. Bitterness rises in her but Wessex turns and places the book on an empty surface, giving herself a moment to swallow the tang of jealousy and resentment.

“It’s not about books, exactly, it is -” she turns back and gestures to her eyes. “ - to read, though. I need some shards of ice magically made cold. Enough for two people. And I’m more than happy to trade my services or something else for them.” Not that she had much. A shack, somewhere. Various weapons more crude than anything he’s used to. A sense of honor, if he could believe it. And good old fashioned ruthlessness.

So, you know, the normal skills.

Her eyes stop wandering around the shop and come to focus on Remi, frank and open. She has nothing to hide. It's an odd request, but he is likely the only one who can fulfill it.
No, I’ll be the stone
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Indeed, this world is terribly different from the one from which Remi came. If he had told Wessex that he had spent life growing up with little to nothing, like many of the Caidonites, only to be turned into a weapons creator to supply soldiers in a war he knew little of and didn't understand, she probably would have scoffed. Luckily though she said nothing, and Remi was far too polite to openly stare at her as she made her way into his shop.

"Ice made magically cold, mm?" Remi hummed thoughtfully, eyes narrowing with a small amount of mischief, then widening with suspicion. Having come from a world where barter was the norm, it wasn't that the alchemist was opposed to striking up a deal with the ascended, but moreso that his nature was such that he just did things without asking for anything in return.

"Strangely I do think I can help with this...but...and, ah, apologies for asking, but this is not a task given to you by Ludo, is it?" Remi didn't bother to hide the nervousness in his voice, the way his accent hugged the words and with a fearful reverence said the god's name. He was right to be wary of Ludo and had more reasons than most to think that the god might be out to get him in strange ways.

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
Well then it’s a good thing that neither of them asked, and neither of them volunteered. Politeness is an easy and convenient enough mask to maintain while keeping your enemies-slash-strangers are arm’s length.

His apparent nervousness regarding Ludo, however, makes her tilt her own head a bit in confusion. Ludo? What…? She shakes her head, making a little face. “No. Definitely not. He’d likely rather kill me with sunshine than ask me to do anything for him.” Wessex, however, chooses not to reveal that The Voice has asked it of her. With everything that’s gone on lately, she wouldn’t dare to assume (not like before) that he is either friend or foe of her Lady.

But she does offer him a smile and a quick nod of thanks. The barter offer is on the table and Remi can do with it what he wishes. Except… she isn’t sure how this works. A hand tucks some stray hair behind her ear in an awkward, time-filling gesture. “So… should I stick around or come back later, or…?” Not trying to cramp the guy’s magic style, or anything. Some work well with an audience. Some don’t. She assumes (there we go again….) he has a life, too. And was on his way to do something.
No, I’ll be the stone
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
As the ascended vaguely gestures at her own death, Remi breathes easy and laughs. "Not that I would welcome him killing you with sunshine, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and all that." He says with a restless sort of smile, suddenly hating the fact that he used such a phrase.

"Ahh, well. If you would like the ice now..? You can come back. But if you would like to take it with you, I am sure that can be arranged. We will need to go the guild house though. It is just up the road."

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
And just like that, she’s relieved of the obligation to stick around. A niggling little thought in the back of her mind says that she should stay and get to know Remi more, that he is important to the Outlanders and he very clearly has powerful magic. But other than that…? Eh. It isn’t in her nature to do so. Keep everyone at arm’s length, keep it all professional, so that when disaster comes knocking, she can make the hard, impartial choices. So that she isn’t affected by death.

Besides, he seemed like he was off somewhere. And while the ice is important to her, he might have other projects that are more so. She shakes her head and turns back to pick up the book. “That’s ok, It’s not particularly time sensitive. Take your time. I can come back in a couple of nights.”

The brusque woman heads to the door, but before she fully exits, turns around and looks at the young alchemist with an odd searching, almost confused gaze. As if she is surprised that it was so easy - perhaps too easy. Where’s the catch? What does he want, or rather - what will he want, later? “Thank you, Remi.” She flashes him a quick, barely-there smile, before ducking back out into the night, as quickly and unexpectedly as she’d come.
No, I’ll be the stone
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Alright. Come to the guildhall. That is where I will be able to create the ice you need." Remi said with a crooked smile, thinking of how he will have to bribe Sugar to encrust something into ice. But given that Wessex is not in a hurry that will give him time to think of something. Perhaps he can hunt and find her a particularly rare or delicious treat?

As Wessex moves quickly to the door, the alchemist softly tilts his head in a decidedly avian gesture. She seems eager to leave and he wonders if he has done something to offend her. Silently confused, Remi merely smiles sunnily. "You are very welcome." He replied immediately, watching the ascended vanish back into the night.

Coding base by Sky!