[Seasonal Event] Many Paws Make Light Work
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
He has been the bulwark so many times before, the one to hold strong, to swallow pride and offer comfort, to tuck his pain deep and out of sight so that he could support others who were far more injured, who didn't have the strength to support him in turn. Not since the loss of his parents had he had anyone to turn to, and for six years the guilt and ice and darkness had eaten away at him, compacted and distilled in his heart.

It would not be lanced so easily, nor all at once, but this was a beginning. He leaned into Amalia, letting her love him. Letting himself be loved. Perhaps he did not deserve it. Perhaps he never would... but he could not deny her the right to her own heart or where she chose to share it. He could only be humbled and awed by the gift she gave him.

He did not know how long they stayed like that, wounds clotting, hearts healing, the sun warming their fur even as the Flowerbirth breezes cooled them. It didn't matter, really, so long as they were together, a little family of three; a flock, a pack, a pride. At length he pulled away far enough to meet her eyes again, his own blue gaze a little clearer, a little brighter for her care.

It doesn't have to be all at once, he said softly. Just bits and pieces is fine, when you feel like it. If you would share her stories with me. What made her laugh. The times she praised you. The songs she sang. I want to help, if you'd let me. To keep her memory alive and bright. She's watching you, Ludo said. She's proud of you. As am I, sister of my heart. Thank you... for letting me be a part of your family. For letting yourself be part of mine.