God Quest Absolute Midnight
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
She wants the silence but fears the solitude
She wants to be alone and together with you
Born from dark water, daughter of the rain and snow
Perhaps it is Amalia's youth which grants her innocence; perhaps she is just a foolish girl, willfully blind to the woes of the world. But as Ludo explains explains the source of lost souls she finds herself shaking her head, inching closer to Jigano as though seeking the comforting warmth of life. It is too much to bear in, too much sorrow to bear. That some are lost, left behind, left to roam and corrupt and ache-

She thinks of her own loneliness, and shivers. Would that become her fate, one day?

But Jigano is there, his hand soft and reassuring in hers. Rory is there, and Wessex, and Evie, and others, so many others who fill the cracks that line her spirit, light the void inside her heart. Amalia swallows, nodding quietly. "Is there a way to bring them back?" Even in the face of darkness, she cannot help but hope.

That her grandmother is safe is a weight off her shoulders; that she can hear her is elation in her heart. "Really?" the sunlit girl breathes, dark eyes scanning the sea of lanterns as though Anjali Chandrakant might appear. Tears in her eyes as Ludo speaks, falling and staining her narrow cheeks. "I miss you, Nani," Amalia whispers, her eyes falling closed as she speaks. "I try every day to be how you taught me... I wish I could tell you everything, and get your advice... I have friends now, though, and a family, and you would love them like I do, but I'll always miss you, and mama, and..."

And though Jigano steps away, though the woman who raised her does not appear, for once in the years since her grandmother's death, Amalia does not feel alone.

"Thank you," she says to her grandmother, to Ludo, to Jigano, a peaceful smile alight on her face.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"I think that if Ludo could, they would have done so by now," Jigano said softly, giving a small shake of his head at Amalia's heartfelt question, but glancing to the god for confirmation that this was true. That Ludo had said that they had tried and failed to corral them before seemed to lead credence to that assumption, at least. "On my world, those souls that had remained too long, become too twisted by hate, could only be banished from the mortal realm by force." He had once had a spell for such a thing, in fact, to make the weapons of himself and his allies effective against those beings which no longer had physical form. "But... from what I have learned of Mort, that doesn't seem to be his way," he finished, with a deep nod of respect to Ludo.

But the reward for their service belonged to Amalia, and he only wished he had realized how much she needed that connection of family and friends sooner. To be granted a final chance to speak with her grandmother, a woman she so clearly admired and adored, was indeed a prize beyond price and Jigano melted back so he would not be in the way. The exchange was heartbreakingly sweet, and even though he tried not to intrude, the bard felt like an interloper on the hallowed ground where granddaughter and grandmother momentarily reunited.

He bowed his head, turning away from Amalia's tears which he took to be precious and private things, watched instead as their ethereal companions continued to find their ways towards lanterns large and small. He did not know them, as his pious friend had, could not put names to faces or memories to any of them, but it had felt good to serve as Oracle again, even for so brief a time, and when Amalia offered the god her thanks the lorekeeper turned back towards the masked youth and bowed as well in silent gratitude.
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Whilst Ludo could have taken on the guise of Amalia's grandmother, giving her a voice and a face with whom she could communicate, it did not. The soul was a precious thing, and in this most sacred of places, Ludo would not trick. Not even to comfort.

"The bard has the right of it," it said. "But then mortals have a certain resilience about them that surprises me often. If you would like to try, I shall not impede you." Though it would likely be dangerous. More than likely.

Nodding to Amalia at her thanks, Ludo seemed to smile behind the mask. "And I thank you, for leading these ones home," it said. Well, home for now. A place of holding, rather than a place of rest.

"Keep the lantern aglow. Walk in the direction you came. Do not look back. Follow those steps, and you will be free of this place. Luck be with you."

Jigano and Amalia gain +1 luck!
LUDO
Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
She wants the silence but fears the solitude
She wants to be alone and together with you
Born from dark water, daughter of the rain and snow
"What would we have to do?" Unlike Jigano, there is no question in her mind, no moment to reflect on why they were lost, and the inevitable fact that Ludo must have already attempted to bring them back. Her expression is fierce in the flickering light, fervent and hopeful, alive with purpose. If there is a way...

Ludo's porcelain mask does not smile, but Amalia feels it nonetheless. Tear-streaked cheeks bloom with emotion, the smile unwavering as she replays the interaction, her grandmother's words. A part of her is loathe to leave - she wants to remain in this place of peace and light, to abandon her worries and let herself pursue the lanterns, as so many spirits have done... as she nearly did. She wants to see her mother, her grandmother, to be safe and free.

But she knows she is not ready. She has not done enough, learned enough, brought enough into the world. There is more the pious girl can give- and so, reluctantly, she turns away, her dark eyes misty with tears.

"Good night, Ludo. Thank you for keeping her - them - safe."

Nodding again, the girl turns toward Jigano, reaching out to take her pale-haired friend's hand and give it a gentle squeeze. He is an anchor to the living, a compass in the night: and if he will continue to walk beside her, she thinks, she can continue to pursue that light, to keep being better despite her fears.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"Ah, but will you help us?" the bard asked, a wry lift to his lips as he considered that the help of gods often came with prices... and some of those weren't always obvious at first. But Ludo was, at least, an honorable young god, even if he was a trickster at heart. Something a fox could appreciate, and so Jigano bowed low before taking Amalia's hand like the precious thing it was and holding her close to his living warmth.

"You are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for," he murmured to his friend, pride and fondness shining in blue eyes as they walk together from the clearing, leaving behind the lights of many lanterns until their way is lit only by one - the one they arrived with, shining white in the darkness. Rory's lantern, leading them home safe again, their duty to Ludo done - but the joy of it lingering within them both.