the bear and the maiden fair
For Devrum
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

It began to rain at twilight.

Vai sighed as the hush fell over the Woodlands, raindrops pattering over newly sprouted leaves and into the deadfall of old twigs and branches. She had been enjoying the dance of fireflies through the trees until the downpour had disturbed them, and whilst sitting and watching the rain was a favourite pastime of hers, she didn't fancy getting cold.

Silently the witch slipped into the little cabin that her husband had built for them with his own two hands, moving to the basinet that Felix had been happily sleeping in, and was now just beginning to stir. "You know," she said quietly, lifting the baby carefully into her arms and easing herself into the rocking chair next to the fire, "I was never the type to want to settle in one place. What did you do to me?"

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe
Devrum Calob
Farmer / Butcher

Age: 45 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 4 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
DEVRUM
Devrum had been silently watching his son resting. Peacefully, quietly...the natural stern furrow of his brows and the strength of his beard which had been relatively unept and appeared fuller, adding to the silent strength he exuded. He leaned against the window, allowing the moonlight to shower him, giving shadows beneath his thick brows.

He had been so focused on watching Felix, he hadn't even noticed Vervain enter until she broke into his field of vision. Broad arms crossed over his bear chest as his hazel and blue eye watched her.

A faint smirk was masked by the shield of hair over his face as his head tilted curiously as he listened.

"I did what any respectable predator would do...staked my claim."

He muttered in a quiet growl as to not wake Felix. As Vervain sat, Devrum would watch her for a long beat. Watching as she appeared so natural in caring for their child.

"I was never one to settle...much less believe I would live long enough to raise any child. I watch him and I see the hope I never had...until I met you."

The steps of his thick leather boots thudded onto the dull wood as he slowly stalked forward and leaned a bearded kiss onto Vervain's forehead.

"The peace..."

Devrum hesitated before nodding to himself and continuing.

"The peace has been...welcome."

Alistair had disappeared without a trace, casualties were a plenty...peace was a tern used loosely, but to Devrum, given his many alternatives, it was certainly the proper description.

"You have given me everything..."

He continued, speaking to Vai though he looked over his son. Thick finger running across his small forehead gently.

"Thank you."
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

Felix had already proven to be a deep sleeper, and the boy barely stirred as Vai rocked gently in the chair, pausing only as Devrum's shadow fell over the two of them. "Ah, that you did," she agreed, glancing up as he leant down to kiss her, letting her eyes shut to enjoy the small and simple act of affection.

"Peace wasn't a thing I knew much about myself either, until you. Strange, considering the amount of trouble you get into." She laughed quietly, gazing down at their son and watching him sleep so contently under their watch.

"Thank you," she murmured. "We did this together, you and I. Though I can't help but hear the suggestion in your voice that you're going somewhere?" Tilting her head back to look at him, she shot him a knowing smirk. "What's up?"

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe