How deep the rabbit hole
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Hmm... Something about this seemed off. "Delah seemed quite unsettled when you mentioned her. She is a woman of great power I presume?" Roana asked. And cultivating a relationship over a long period of time...she sighed and looked back up at the sky with a little frown. "I'm...not very good at things like that. I can inspire troops but just about anyone else...well let's just say that the assumption is I am a horrible person. Especially of late." she mumbled, visions of Rory's mob dancing at the back of her mind's eye. Would it be the same out here? Would everyone be dead set against her for seemingly the sake of it?

"I am willing to try though. If it will help the people inside that barrier I will do whatever I can." she said quietly. Perhaps it was more a statement to rally herself, to re-dedicate herself to the cause of the people, so their lives could be better, fuller, more free. That had always been her goal and her strength - no matter the odds, Roana could be counted on to do her very best.

"You would need her permission to teach someone?" Roana asked, looking at him. "You don't happen to have a map for the meantime, do you?"
Roana
'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
it's not what it looks like
"She is certainly that, yes. She does not follow the ways of the other winged folk. They both fear and respect her, I'd say." Ianto smiled weakly, still not seeming comfortable with the subject of his godmother in the air, though he supposed it was only fair to Roana that he explain all that he could. Besides, she was the first person from Northaven that he had seen in over two seasons. Why wouldn't he try to make her as comfortable as possible?

Still, there were simply some things he could not do - not without permission and not without good reason. Much of his tricks were not his own, in truth, and without consulting their true owner before using them, he may well find himself in hot water.

"I would," he agreed. "The same for a map, I'm afraid. However... I can lead you. I can't teach you, but if you'd like me to take you back to the outskirts where the barrier sits, I can do that."
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Roana felt badly to keep pestering him about things he did not seem keen to discuss, but these were things she needed to know. And if she didn't ask them...someone else would. "What makes her so different? Do you think she would be willing to talk to me?" Roana asked. She could tell Ianto was in some manner intimidated by this woman, but she couldn't place her finger on why. Her eyes glanced towards the leather strap about his neck, and briefly she wondered if it was just a necklace, or if something more sinister was at play.

"I think that would be good if you wouldn't mind. I might be able to find something around it that might help bring it down." she said quietly. "And if it comes down...well...people are going to need your help. You know more about this place than anyone in there, Northavener or otherwise." she said, and grinned a bit. "Plus you are clearly more charming than I. Perhaps you can convince them that I am not devil's spawn." she said a bit more lightheartedly.
Roana
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
"She is wild fae," Ianto said slowly, his voice hushed as if his godmother might hear right through whatever measures he had put in place to keep their words secret. "And of course she'd be willing to talk with you - though I can't stress how terrible an idea that'd be." Blue eyes locked on Roana's, the fox hoping to make her understand, even if he couldn't stop her at all.

He still couldn't help but wrinkle his nose at the thought of the barrier coming down, unsure of it even though from what he had learned so far, the people he knew may well be behind it. But that was not his decision to make, not his burden to bear. "If it happens, I suppose I'll have to consider it," he agreed, before flashing a golden grin her way as she called him charming. "I don't reckon I can argue with that, at least. Shall we make camp here for the night? I can get everythin' set up, and we'll go to the barrier come morning."
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
The former Captain's blue eyes slid over to the fox, narrowed slightly in concern. "Why? Ianto...if you're in some sort of dangerous situation, you can tell me. I will do all I can to help...and the more I know and understand the more useful I can be." she said, her tone hushed but serious. It was the very least she could do - he had saved her life after all - but she also felt duty bound to it. If there was a danger, she could address it.

"I can help." Roana said, trying to sit up but sucking air through her teeth in pain as she did so. She was still injured and suffering from her time in the basement of the spire after all. The worst was gone but some of the surface wounds yet remained.
Roana
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Like winter into spring, Ianto shot Roana a mischievous smile and shook his head. "Don't you worry about me, Captain. For all my talk, I'm in more danger from bandits than I am my godmother. I still must ask for caution if you want to speak with her, but I'll not stop you." And he'd still appreciate her help in guarding his wagon, if that was what she wanted to do.

Rising to his feet, Ianto removed a small cube from the folds of his pocket, holding a hand up as if to tell her to stay where she was. "I'm sure you can," he said, "but you'd be more use if you rested."

Winking, he tossed the cube to the ground - and a very comfortable looking tent sprung up where it hit, as though it had detonated into a portable campsite. "There's a few first aid supplies inside," he murmured. "I'll go and gather some firewood, okay?"

Without further delay, Ianto left the ex-captain to rest up and padded away into the forest on silent feet. This had been a very interesting evening indeed.