How deep the rabbit hole
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 28 - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"See how little you know?" The leader hisses, arms folded. "That you are here says enough about what is going on. You have played all your cards." She replies. "There is nothing you can say. Our qualms are with your mere existence here. "

But then Roana does say something that catches her attention.

"What reason would that be?"
Random Event
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
it's not what it looks like
"Hey, now. What's goin' on here?" The voice that rings through the forest around this, the mother of all trees, is almost as musical as that of the winged folk. Almost, but not quite. "I reckon you've caught much bigger than a rabbit there, friends."

Holy SHIT. Ianto had heard enough. Northwind, Northaven, Storm Army, Hollowed Grounds (whatever the feck that was) and Roana, Roana Steadman was... she was...

"Don't panic, now. She's always like this - spewing stories and makin' things up. She told you she was a captain too, I bet." Ianto winked at the leader, sweeping into a deep, respectful bow.

The fox looked as far from Northaven as humanly possible - his coppery hair was its usually ruffled mess, but now it was braided here and there with silver thread. He still wore his battered leather coat - it looked more worse for wear than ever - and the grin he shot towards Roana was still golden. But his attire was that of the forest, his fingers and ears adorned with foreign jewels, his skin tanned from the Flowerbirth sun. And he wore a leather collar about his neck.

"Ain't that right, sis? Captain of the army today, queen of the forest tomorrow?"
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
The leader was giving her one more chance. One chance to explain herself. Fuck. Roana was good at motivating speeches, not talking her way out of things because she was brutally honest. It’s why her superiors liked her so much.

But before she could say another word, someone else stepped up through the crowd. She blinked, taking a second to recognize the face. Ianto?? To be fair, she had never personally met the man but she knew of him, had seen him on occasion – Northaven had only been 3 miles square it was sort of hard to be anonymous. And as much as Roana was a shitty public speaker when not suffering the after effects of poisonous gas, she caught onto a cover when she heard one.

”I wish but I’m not pretty enough to be queen of anything. Maybe you, though.” she said with a smile, playing along.
Roana
'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Age: 108 | Height: 4' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Before her questions could be answered, Ianto appears. Immediately the leader—Delah—seems to soften, or at the very least, smile. "She did indeed say she was a captain..." Delah replies, lilac eyes narrowing as she looked from the fox-tailed man back to the 'captain' in the cage.

"You have never spoken of a sister before...She says that she comes from within."
Random Event
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
"Delah, my dear, if you had a sister like this would you speak of her unless absolutely necessary? I don't know how she escaped my wagon this time, only that she's particularly good at runnin' through the woods once she gets goin'." Ianto inclined his head to the winged leader, seeming utterly relaxed around the folk and moving, indeed, to lean casually against the side of the cage.

"From within? That's a new one, Roana. You'll have to tell me where you get these ideas, one of these days," he said, smiling crookedly in at her. "Apologies for anything she might have done to startle you, friends," he said, addressing Delah more than the others. "Mayhaps I can bring somethin' along to the village next time I drop by, as thanks for you findin' her. That sound like a deal?"
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Within. Interesting. So that’s what they called it huh?

Blue eyes looked between the leader – Delah – and Ianto, wide and curious and a bit worried. Fortunately even if she was honestly in this position and honestly a mischievous, bothersome sister, she would likely look much the same. Curious about the exchange, worried about getting in trouble. But Ianto was a very smooth talker it seemed, and somehow managed to find a good excuse to everything.

Damn, there was a trait she wished she had in that moment.

But in response to his questioning her, Roana did what any bothersome sister would do and shrugged. ”My head.” she told him. Made-up. Just like being a Captain. She made it up. She was pretending to be someone she wasn’t in a land of make-believe. If within was so ominous it was the perfect made up back story because it was veiled in more smoke and mirrors than tangibles. But when he apologized, she looked over at Delah as well. ”I’m sorry too.” she said in full sincerity. And she was, sorry that tensions were so high that this was where honesty got her. But in this case, it would seem nothing more than an apology for being alarmist and fool-hardy.
Roana
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
Delah seemed positively charmed by Ianto, and despite the whispering behind her, she nodded agreeably. "I suppose not." She replies curtly, her hand going into her pocket to reveal a set of keys.

Tapping them in her hands for a moment, she looks back and forth between the two and then catches the keys in her palm, sliding her fingers over them to deaden the noise. "Perhaps we just leave her here then? That way she will not get into any more trouble.' Her lilac eyes sweet over the 'captain' disdainfully. "I do not need such stories being spread. You of all people know what would happen if someone really did come from within."
Random Event
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
"Mmhm. Your head." Ianto nodded slowly and obviously in return, before glancing at Delah and spreading his hands as she caught the keys and made her suggestion, masterfully hiding the panic that fluttered in his chest. "You might," he agreed. "And I do indeed, know the danger of such stories circulatin' about. But if you leave her here then she might just keep talkin' to anyone and everyone who passes by. Rumours are worse than forest fires, y'know."

She knew. He knew. It hardly needed saying. Ianto sighed, itching at the scruff on his chin and straightening up from the cage. "I would really appreciate it if I could just take her home, Delah. I fell here alone, but for her. Don't take a poor fox's only family, eh? Or... well. I suppose there is my godmother."
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
Roana swallowed at the proposition. Oh boy. Not good. Very not good.

Ianto’s cover was still good, an emotional appeal to keep his only family around. Particularly useful on those with emotional attachments, and it seemed this Delah had some soft spot for the redhead. Hopefully his emotional plea would hit a chord with her. She frowned a little as well, as if saddened by the winged-woman’s conclusion – which she was – but knowing it would make her look a more sympathetic figure. ”I promise I won’t talk about it again…it was a bad story I am really sorry. I didn’t mean to cause trouble for anyone, I won’t do it again.” She felt like a total idiot acting so childish but she had little other option now. She only hoped Delah would take pity on them and release her.
Roana
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
At first she seemed entirely unmoved. It sounded like this woman was more of a bother than anything else, and Delah hardly believed that she would in fact keep her mouth closed. She was just as likely to run about repeating the same nonsense. She might have argued this point too, until Ianto said it.

So casually, as if it were nothing, but Delah looked as though she'd been slapped.

I suppose there is my godmother

"—No!" She said hastily, stepping towards the cage in earnest now, the keys dangling from her palm. "No need to involve her. I trust that you will keep your kin under control. If so, there will be no need for anyone else to know about this."

Straightening and swallowing, Delah unlocked the cage.
Random Event
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto had nothing if not an excellent poker face, and the fox managed to look utterly grateful and delighted as Delah moved to unlock the cage. As if the mention of Arduinna of the Wildwood had just been a slip of the tongue, or a passing comment without intention of repercussion. He smiled kindly in at Roana, holding out a hand to help her out. "Thank you," he said to Delah, once again inclining his head respectfully.

"You're certainly right about that, my esteemed friend. No one else will know, and I'll not forget your kindness today. Rest assured that I'll make sure I bring some particularly interestin' wares to the village on my next visit. And somethin' nice for you, as well." With another golden grin, he stepped away to let Roana climb out of the cage.
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
Roana breathed a shallow sigh of relief. At least she would be out of this cage…though she would definitely owe this godmother and Ianto major thanks for their assistance, knowing and otherwise.

She gave Ianto a smile and took his and as she climbed out – not that she needed it but appearances – then smiled sheepishly at Delah. ”Thank you.” she said to the woman, copying the head nod Ianto gave her. Then she looked to her brother, since he would have to guide her back to wherever this wagon was. ”Sorry for all the trouble…” she said to him quietly.
Roana
Delah Tàirneanach
the Greatwood Guardian
War Chief

Change author:
The whispers behind the captain grew louder for a moment, but quickly were silenced as Delah swept a glare behind her. Eyes suddenly turned to the ground and the small squadron looked appropriately stoic.

"Your visits are payment enough." The captain replied, perhaps a touch girlishly made even moreso by the fact that she did have to look up nearly 2 feet to meet Ianto's gaze. Looking to Roana however turned her stare back to ice, and she merely nodded briskly.

In that same sing-song language, Delah barked something at her squadron who quickly moved to disassembled the cage with shocking speed and accuracy.

"Until next time." Delah said with a nod and another skeptical stare towards Roana, before she and her troupe disappeared into the woods.
Random Event
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
"Then I'll just have to make sure to visit more often, for your kindness." Ianto winked, glancing from Delah to her squadron and back and seeming unperturbed by the melodic language they spoke - in fact, if Roana didn't know better, she'd likely think he understood it perfectly. Offering a pleasant wave as the winged folk disappeared back into the dense woodland (his free hand was still wrapped around the captain's), he waited until they were enough of a disance away before letting out a long, relieved sigh.

"Sorry about that," he said, releasing her instantly and offering a quietly respectful bow to her, now. "Wasn't my intention to try and insult you, Captain. Just didn't want you to... yeah. Uh... follow me, okay?"

Looking her over as if to check that she was able to properly walk, Ianto turned on heel and promptly... shifted into a fluffy red fox. The only thing still present from his human form was the leather collar about his neck, but there was a lot of ground to cover and he didn't feel comfortable without his animal senses to get them there safely. Without further ado, he trotted off into the trees.