With or Without You
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Caiside had poured hours into research on the Gods, and while he had learned much, none of it was what he had wanted. He had been humiliated, for no good reason, and there was no recourse. Even he was clever enough to know when his point wouldn’t be made, and when he should drop it. Or at least, put it on the back burner. Caiside was not one to forget anything he perceived as a slight, after all.

Despite his lack of a plan, he found himself walking the path to the wild shrine again, a basket of offerings on his hip. He would not be so naive as to offer anything important of himself again, but the fruits and candle he had traded for should still make a fine offering to whomever answered his prayers. Caiside took a moment to look over the stone circle, his hands tightening into fists as he saw the tree that still bore his shape in it. With a flush now colouring his face, he began to set up, his back to the evidence of his last divine encounter.

First, he laid out a small mat, the candle going in the centre of it, while his offerings, fresh flowers and some old stores of fruit, were arranged around it. Again, he stripped to his waist, leaving the candle unlit while he arranged his body in a pose of prayer.

”I have learned from my previous mistakes.” Caiside suppressed the flinch that came with the word mistake, keeping his voice even and his face calm. ”I seek those who do not shy away from power. Those who would like their will done by mortal hands. I would like the chance to prove myself, and to earn my place, my power, as I have done before.” His prayer said, all he could do was wait, and hope for a response.

Caiside
You know how it goes, this story’s been told
again and again
A love, pure and light, that makes stars align
Well that’s not the case here

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
random event
Mischievous laughter.

The rug is tugged, the candles doused, and bites taken invisibly from the food.

Caiside's hair is pulled at slightly, long strands of it pulled lengthwise across his face as if to make some sort of crude mustache.

Mushrooms suddenly grow around his feet.
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith

Age: 43 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:

The response that came was not what he expected, at least not based on his last shrine visit, but it was far more familiar to him. The laughter echoed in ears, drawing a smile to his own face, even if he felt he was being laughed at. The invisible hands and mouths, touching him and partaking in his offerings, were also a familiar trick of the gods he knew.

The mushrooms were unexpected, and after a moments hesitation, he knelt down to examine them. Something about them seemed nearly otherworldly, as if they didn’t quite belong in this realm. Carefully, he reached down, and plucked one from the ground, rising up again to examine it in the light. The fungus revealed no further secrets, so he turned his focus back to the shrine, and the hidden forces within it.

”I hope my gifts have been well received.” He called out, his tone light. ”I would appreciate being allowed to see who has partaken.”

Caiside
You know how it goes, this story’s been told
again and again
A love, pure and light, that makes stars align
Well that’s not the case here

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
random event
More laughter.

Childish. Spinning.

Play with us Caiside! A real voice? A...but no, he hadn't yet eaten the mushroom.. so...?

Should he look down at his hands, he'd suddenly find them quite translucent. His entire body would feel like what you would expect a being made entirely of water might feel like. Sort of slippery and a bit chilly in a way which wasn't entirely bothersome. Except if he looked down he did look like himself.

Well.

He looked like himself viewed from very far away.

Through a kaleidoscope, if that kaleidoscope was also a bit drunk.

And in another universe.

"Play with us Caiside!"

And then the world lurched...